Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 10:40 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
No leaks from Mueller's ship. But info is released in the form of court filings. Try to keep up.
Exactly. Court filings can (and do) reveal a lot.

Also, when people are interviewed or documents are subpoenaed there are numerous individuals outside of public service (the interviewees and the clerks pulling records) who are aware that these things are being checked out. The news media picks up on this whenever it can, because there is a public interest.

But the Mueller team is run as a tight ship ... no leaks. This is why the white house is bold enough to attempt to prevent the report being released, because they know that nothing the Mueller team has worked on has been leaked, and therefore they safely can bottle it up ... once again lying by deception and obfuscation to the general public and directly at Trump's own base.

... and the base WANTS to be lied to by the white house, they are all for it.

Old 02-18-2019, 11:27 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Fortunately our elected leaders are chosen by those who get involved and vote not by some religious fringe that condemns everyone who disagrees with them to eternal damnation.
One of the great things about being a heathen is I have no fear of angry gods, devils, demons, or eternal damnation. Must be hell to go through life being fearful all the time.

Old 02-18-2019, 11:29 AM

deleted double post

Last edited by r small; 02-18-2019 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: double post

Old 02-18-2019, 11:57 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
If they prayed for Hillary, then their prayers were not informed. God, thus was not swayed. Hillary is evil. You don't pray for God to allow an evil person into power, then expect Him to answer it.

A reading from the self righteous gospel according to Cheesemont.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:01 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
A reading from the self righteous gospel according to Cheesemont.
Based on his view of praying in relation to evil it's safe to say no one will be praying for him....

Old 02-18-2019, 03:44 PM

958 posts, read 304,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
One of the great things about being a heathen is I have no fear of angry gods, devils, demons, or eternal damnation. Must be hell to go through life being fearful all the time.
Don't kid yourself, skippy. Atheists have gods and demons of their own. Usually it's the crack pipe or the booze bottle.

Old 02-18-2019, 04:10 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
If they prayed for Hillary, then their prayers were not informed. God, thus was not swayed. Hillary is evil. You don't pray for God to allow an evil person into power, then expect Him to answer it.
God is into free will by us mortals. If God kept all evil out of the world, the very evil Trump would not be President.

Old 02-18-2019, 04:12 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Don't kid yourself, skippy. Atheists have gods and demons of their own. Usually it's the crack pipe or the booze bottle.

Atheists are not into crack and booze any more than Christians are. Don’t kid yourself, Cheesy.

Old 02-18-2019, 04:13 PM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
Right after 0bummer won re-election, I was despondent. I had prayed sporadically, but wasn't living my best life. Then when the result happened, I decided to clean things up a bit, and become fervent in my prayers. So I said the Rosary every single day for the next four years, without exception. Every day. Took me 20-30 minutes a day. I offered the Rosary as prayer as I requested various things; protection for my family, well-being for friends and those who were sick, for the souls of loved ones. But I always ended by praying for the country, specifically for the 2016 election, that Hillary would lose.

I was FERVENT in my prayers. "Please, God. PLEASE spare the country. PLEASE don't allow the Supreme Court to go nutty left. Please help the unborn, God. Please. You can't possibly allow that evil woman to win. All the hatred and lies and criminal activity by her CANNOT be rewarded, God. PLEASE!!!!"

So all during 2015 and 2016, the media had Trump in trouble. Couldn't win the nomination. About to quit. This new scandal will be the one that does him in. On and on it went. They had him with a 90% chance to lose. Even the day before the election, they had him ten points down. No chance of winning. The exit polls, according to the early evening telecasts, had a huge Hillary win.

Still I kept on praying.

Then the tide suddenly turned. The most unlikely thing happened. From the ashes, Trump emerged the victor. Prayer worked. Fervent strong prayer every single day.

That episode confirmed for me the power of prayer and existence of God for me. God listened and answered. And I suspect a lot more than me were praying just as hard.
So God listened to your prayers and not those of Democrats and as a result Trump won? Yeah, OK. Sounds perfectly reasonable. Reminds me of the football fan who insists God was the reason Texas won, as if the Oklahoma fans' prayers meant nothing and this God is actually worrying about a football game. Or an election.

You have been brainwashed. First by the church and then by President Trump. Your posts clearly show that. Scary stuff when people actually believe this crap.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 02-18-2019 at 04:23 PM..

Old 02-18-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
You may notice that I call myself a "heathen", not an atheist. There's a difference but it would be a waste of time trying to explain it to you. But you're right about one thing: I do enjoy a bottle of booze now and then. Specifically a pint of English ale. And a shot of Kentucky bourbon to wash it down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies