Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 07:59 PM
nng nng started this thread

695 posts, read 289,455 times

Advertisements

Hi I just want to say that in the past God has answered my prayers. I will now share what those prayers were. One time I prayed to god this prayer, "God please give me a powerful feeling in my head if I will be independent one day." I said this prayer at a time when I was very insecure and wasn't sure if I could be independent. I would say a few minutes later I felt a spiritual feeling in my head. I decided to let you know my experience and put it in the Christianity forums because I know that many or most Christians believe in prayer, or that God hears prayers.

Another experience I had was when God answered my prayer was when I was five years old. My aunt was talking about angels, so I decided to pray for angels. Immediately after I prayed, I first sensed then saw a royal purple colored mist floating in the air. It traveled from the basement of my house to the first floor, and I know this because I could sense it. I have also seen some of my angels in human form in later years. I am not religious, but in the bible it says you must have the faith of a little child and this is why. If you have the faith of a little child and the sincerity of a little child you can have your prayers answered by a Benevolent God. Sometimes God doesn't answer all prayers (I have experience with this) but sometimes he will.

When God decides to not respond or answer my prayers, I say to myself this is okay because God knows what is best for me and I know his will is perfect. I prayed mentally, then God responded to my prayers. I think it is amazing that God answers prayers or even hears people's prayers.
Do you believe in the power of prayer? Have you had your prayers answered? I would like to know these things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 08:32 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
It's nice that prayer brings you comfort.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:49 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Think of the bosom of the Father of lights.
James 1;17 ... Every good gift comes from.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:52 PM

45 posts, read 42,407 times
God has answered my prayers in many ways. Even when the answer was no, He was faithful in showing me why.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:55 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Yes, He does answer prayers. Just as a good natural father loves his child and wants to give it everything, so too does G-d want to bless His children. He also knows when to say NO, just like any good parent, when the thing asked for is not in the child's best interest. Peace

Old 06-17-2016, 01:50 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
One time I prayed to god this prayer, "God please give me a powerful feeling in my head if I will be independent one day."
Your god must find that easier than answering the prayer of a starving African child huh?

Quote:
Sometimes God doesn't answer all prayers (I have experience with this) but sometimes he will.
So Jesus was lying when he said....

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it.

Old 06-17-2016, 06:16 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Last night, I prayed for daylight to return. Several hours later, daylight returned.

God is so good!

Old 06-17-2016, 06:28 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recovering_shygirl View Post
God has answered my prayers in many ways. Even when the answer was no, He was faithful in showing me why.

And it often turns out better in the end when He answers with a "no".

Old 06-17-2016, 06:41 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
And it often turns out better in the end when He answers with a "no".

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:43 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post

Maybe not, Raf. He may have just been joking.

Y'know, emojis weren't invented yet, so the scribes who faithfully took down every word Jesus spoke, decades after he spoke them, couldn't indicate nuance very well.

Probably why there's so darn many different interpretations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity