Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 10:18 AM

128 posts, read 447,006 times

Advertisements

I gotta say I love God! He is great. He knows us better than we know ourselves. But at times, it gets frustrating when it feels like he doesn't hear you. It gets frustrating when you gotta exeude patience and faith when it feels like giving up. Anyone have stories of how god has gotten through to them or reassured them that there prayers have been heard and he gave you an answer? Anyone have stories of patience paying off? Thanks. God Bless you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 10:27 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityOnDown5250 View Post
I gotta say I love God! He is great. He knows us better than we know ourselves. But at times, it gets frustrating when it feels like he doesn't hear you. It gets frustrating when you gotta exeude patience and faith when it feels like giving up. Anyone have stories of how god has gotten through to them or reassured them that there prayers have been heard and he gave you an answer? Anyone have stories of patience paying off? Thanks. God Bless you all.
My wife is going through the same thing. I am in a different boat when it comes to prayer. I hear people say, just pray and He will grant it. We should pray according to His will and sometimes what we ask for is not His will. I know that can be frustrating but I always take comfort knowing that He always has my good. So I win either way.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:27 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,167 times
Well, I can give you my mother's example because it changed my whole family's life forever....

My Father is a SOBER Alcholic.... when I was a child he drank heavily... I only remember small things and nothing extremely negative...more of him sleeping on the sofa and being really tired on the weekends.....so please don't think I am harmed or mentally scarred in anyway- I have loving and caring parents. But my mother had a lot on her plate with three very small children (9,7, and 6) and an alcholic husband. One day she had had enough and just began to sob in the shower..... and fell to the floor in prayer....she says she let the water rush over her and just prayed and prayed and prayed.....until the water ran cold.... that my father would get the help he needed to stop drinking. THat very night my father came home and told her he went to an AA meeting with a co-worker and promised her he would never drink again.... I am 31 and my father has never had a drink since The power of prayer is great.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:37 AM

I ask him questions yet I can't hear him answer. How do i tune into what hes trying to tell me?

Old 03-23-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityOnDown5250 View Post
I ask him questions yet I can't hear him answer. How do i tune into what hes trying to tell me?
Prayer is not a two way conversation. Some people think that if God doesn't grant what you need that He is not answering on the contrary, God did answer your prayer-just like He promised He would-either it's patience or a No. Remember God only answers prayer according to His will and glory. If we pray for something does not give God the glory and is not His will, then God will not grant that prayer.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:16 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,885,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Prayer is not a two way conversation.
WHAT!?

Old 03-23-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
WHAT!?

Some will say it is. I don't see it evident by the the OP waiting for a conversation. Is the line busy?

Old 03-23-2009, 11:53 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
WHAT!?

My reaction in a nutshell.

To the OP: I'm not sure what you're praying about that you're waiting on an answer for. But...sometimes the Lord needs to line up some other people to get the job done. It can take a bit of time. Or maybe I'm confused. Something else: patience is key. Continue to seek Him. Be still and know He is God.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:54 AM

yes well, this does involve another person

Old 03-23-2009, 11:57 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,167 times
God works in mysterious ways.... My husband prayed and prayed and prayed for a position he really wanted last summer. It was prior to the crash in September and after that his company, like many others, started to have a lot of trouble financially. They laid off 50 employees just before Christmas and a lot of people have a much more stressful workload now.... that position is one of them. On top of that, it looks like it is next on the chopping block where my husband was shifted over to a much more secure position in the company with much more exposure instead.

What I am trying to say is that even though my husband appeared to not have his prayers answered, he feels he really did. God was watching out for him, but he didn't realize it until now, eight months later. Sometimes you need to take time and look back.... reflect.... God does care...he is looking out for you... protecting you.... taking care of you.... but he isn't always OBVIOUS.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity