Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2010, 06:25 PM

33 posts, read 68,621 times

Advertisements

Hi Folks,

I am new to this forum so firstly I would like to say hi. One of the things I enjoy most about being a Christian is being able to share answered prayer with others. It blows my mind everytime I hear about the amazing work our precious Lord does, in fellow Christians lives, as a response to prayer.

I would love to share a story with you.

Christmas 08 I rang my youngest sister who didnt seem her usual self on the phone. I asked her what was up and she told me a few days previous the hospital has told her she couldnt have children. She had a problem with her womb which meant she would NEVER have a viable pregnancy and if she was ever to even get pregnant again it would be a miracle. I told her that Jesus performs miracles and asked if I could pray for her. As a non Christian she wasnt convinced but I told her I would anyway.

I remember being so upset as I sat and prayed with tears in my eyes asking the Lord to bless her with a baby and I promised him I would share my faith with my sister and her husband if he allowed it to happen.

3 months later she rang me saying that that she had fallen pregnant and was really excited, she rang me before anyone else and even said her husband had asked if I would thank the Lord for them both.

She was still worried as she had already had a number of miscarriages but I had 100% trust in the Lord, I asked people at the Church to pray all the way through the pregnancy and recently she has given birth to a beautiful baby boy.

Since then my sister and her husband have allowed me to share my faith on more than one occassion and I am sure they will one day fully commit to the Lord.

Nothing is to big for Jesus. 2000 years ago he performed miracles and he is still very much alive today.

I get so encouraged when Jesus answers prayers, I hope this thread encourages you too and I ask if you can share your "miracles" with me.

GOD BLESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 11:25 PM

530 posts, read 902,911 times
Yep lots of answered prayer. But one that stands out. One of my friends had me go with her to pray for a co-worker of hers. She was moving to Texas & wanted to pray for this woman before she moved. She said she needed someone to stand with her who would have raw faith & not doubt or question. I said okay. We went to the hospital & she was talking to this lady. I was just looking. I hadn't expected what I was seeing. The lady was on machiens, and had tubes & she looked like she was in some type of vegitative state. My friend was whispering in her ear & I was talking to myself in my head, trying to combat any negative thought. I started praying in tongues just for me to & she kept praying & whispering to this woman. Finally, she prayed out loud & she told that lady God was going to completely heal her & she wouldn't even have a memory of what happend. I looked up and quickly said amen. After we left she asked me if I beleived God was gonna heal that woman. I said, do you? She said yes, I said yes. Fast forward she moved & about a month or so later I was in the store & saw this lady in the store. I went up to her and started talking to her & said how good it was to see her well. Of course she didn't recognize me. I told her I was a friend of the lady who prayed for her. She said, I'm sorry I don't remember any of that. I smiled & said look at God. I called my friend to tell her what happened. God is Amazing & Faithful!
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 08-17-2010, 05:13 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,253,141 times
Oh, dear. Too numerous to even begin, after being a believer for 47 years! Most recently, a horrible thing was going to happen in my family -- something not preventable that would have personally devastated five persons and the ripple-effects would have been enormous. (Sorry -- I can't go into detail, because this issue is still active.) So I asked people to pray, and I prayed. It never happened; rather, some positive things happened instead, totally out of anyone's control. I thank G-d for this! He is still working on the situation.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:34 AM

373 posts, read 256,966 times
God is indeed good and I mean all the time. Blessed be the name of the Lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity