Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2013, 05:58 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,650 times

Advertisements

24 When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it. 25 Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children. 26 Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.

Matthew 27

Interesting quote by the Jewish leaders... Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 06:07 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Interesting post F of X.

After this, in Acts, the apostles told those Jewish people they had to repent for assassinating the Son of God. They were guilty of shedding innocent blood and therefore His bloodguilt was upon them.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:26 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
24 When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it. 25 Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children. 26 Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.

Matthew 27

Eventualy, because they did not repent in mass, the Jews lost their nation in 70 AD. They paid dearly for the innocent blood they shed. And when it was shed they would not partake of His mercy/Atonement/Compensation for the wrong doing. God let His blood be upon theirs' and their children who approved of what the parents did.

MT 22:2-7 "Kingdom of Heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come. Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage. But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise: And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them. But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city."

Normally an earthly king would not do such a thing just over a wedding but this is no ordainary wedding but a wedding unto The Beauty Of Righteouness without which no one will see the Lord/King. The invitation to the wedding reguires a wedding Garment Of Righteouness that only the Son can provide. Without His Garment no one will see the King, not in this age or in the age to come. Repent therefor and believe the Gospel of His Power to save from the mist of eternal darkness and enter into the wedding feast.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:27 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post

Matthew 27

Be careful of what you wish for. As God said:
I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,
what happened to the children of the fathers 40 years later?

How many generations was the Babylonian captivity?
How many of the tribes of Israel returned to the promised land from the Babylonian captivity?

Last edited by twin.spin; 01-25-2013 at 10:37 PM..

Old 01-25-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Interesting post F of X.

After this, in Acts, the apostles told those Jewish people they had to repent for assassinating the Son of God. They were guilty of shedding innocent blood and therefore His bloodguilt was upon them.
All my posts are interesting.

Having Jesus blood on you could be interpreted as a good thing however this wasn't the case.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Nothing but the blood of Jesus will satisfy the wicked thoughts of men.
For they do not know of which Spirit they are of. Yet, they continue to
divide his garments up amongst themselves in every denomination.

Crucified between two thieves:

"The mistakes of yesterday; and the fears of tomorrow."

Old 01-26-2013, 05:05 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
It sounds like the author of the Gospel of Matthew put in this dogma from the Holy Spirit , referring to the blood of Jesus to teach and put character to the story of the cross as it would fit in there ........See it does not sound like people would say this to condemn themselves as Jesus was innocent , and the reason he was there because of envy of the elder and people supporting the elders ....... Words are from God and it fit in there as a pun for the author of Matthew

Old 01-26-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
It sounds like the author of the Gospel of Matthew put in this dogma from the Holy Spirit , referring to the blood of Jesus to teach and put character to the story of the cross as it would fit in there ........See it does not sound like people would say this to condemn themselves as Jesus was innocent , and the reason he was there because of envy of the elder and people supporting the elders ....... Words are from God and it fit in there as a pun for the author of Matthew
I really cant understand what you are saying.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:27 AM

522 posts, read 622,690 times
I can't remember where in the Old Testament I read this, but it seemed to indicate the Jewish people would sometimes be punished for two generations (meaning two generations) for periods or actions of wickedness.

Unfortunately many Christians decided this meant "the Jews will be punished forever and ever" instead of "The Jews will be punished, at most, to sometime in the second century." (Well maybe third if someone there had kids late, then their kid had kids late, than the grandkid lived to be 100 or so) This isn't an idea many Jews like either, somewhat understandably, so many modern Christians interpret it in other ways or consider it to have been a statement to make Christianity more appealing to Gentiles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity