Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 08:53 AM

958 posts, read 304,512 times

Advertisements

Right after 0bummer won re-election, I was despondent. I had prayed sporadically, but wasn't living my best life. Then when the result happened, I decided to clean things up a bit, and become fervent in my prayers. So I said the Rosary every single day for the next four years, without exception. Every day. Took me 20-30 minutes a day. I offered the Rosary as prayer as I requested various things; protection for my family, well-being for friends and those who were sick, for the souls of loved ones. But I always ended by praying for the country, specifically for the 2016 election, that Hillary would lose.

I was FERVENT in my prayers. "Please, God. PLEASE spare the country. PLEASE don't allow the Supreme Court to go nutty left. Please help the unborn, God. Please. You can't possibly allow that evil woman to win. All the hatred and lies and criminal activity by her CANNOT be rewarded, God. PLEASE!!!!"

So all during 2015 and 2016, the media had Trump in trouble. Couldn't win the nomination. About to quit. This new scandal will be the one that does him in. On and on it went. They had him with a 90% chance to lose. Even the day before the election, they had him ten points down. No chance of winning. The exit polls, according to the early evening telecasts, had a huge Hillary win.

Still I kept on praying.

Then the tide suddenly turned. The most unlikely thing happened. From the ashes, Trump emerged the victor. Prayer worked. Fervent strong prayer every single day.

That episode confirmed for me the power of prayer and existence of God for me. God listened and answered. And I suspect a lot more than me were praying just as hard.

Old 02-09-2019, 09:16 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
My wife was in a vegetative state after a stroke. The neurologist told me she would never come out of it. I called the priest who gave the sacrament of healing which also incorporates the last rites. I contacted all my friends to pray for her. Two days later she came out of the vegetative state in what the neurologist labeled an amazing recovery. Some of us label it miraculous. I was told by her second neurologist that the first neurologist prognosis was generally correct. My wife was an exception to the rule. I now thank God for every day I’ve been granted with her. However I also understand the overwhelming majority of people who pray just as hard as me for a loved one in my wife’s condition do not have their prayers fulfilled.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:21 AM

958 posts, read 304,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
My wife was in a vegetative state after a stroke. The neurologist told me she would never come out of it. I called the priest who gave the sacrament of healing which also incorporates the last rites. I contacted all my friends to pray for her. Two days later she came out of the vegetative state in what the neurologist labeled an amazing recovery. Some of us label it miraculous. I was told by her second neurologist that the first neurologist prognosis was generally correct. My wife was an exception to the rule. I now thank God for every day I’ve been granted with her. However I also understand the overwhelming majority of people who pray just as hard as me for a loved one in my wife’s condition do not have their prayers fulfilled.
That's an awesome story.

But as for the others, perhaps their prayers get answered in different ways.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:50 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Right after 0bummer won re-election, I was despondent. I had prayed sporadically, but wasn't living my best life. Then when the result happened, I decided to clean things up a bit, and become fervent in my prayers. So I said the Rosary every single day for the next four years, without exception. Every day. Took me 20-30 minutes a day. I offered the Rosary as prayer as I requested various things; protection for my family, well-being for friends and those who were sick, for the souls of loved ones. But I always ended by praying for the country, specifically for the 2016 election, that Hillary would lose.

I was FERVENT in my prayers. "Please, God. PLEASE spare the country. PLEASE don't allow the Supreme Court to go nutty left. Please help the unborn, God. Please. You can't possibly allow that evil woman to win. All the hatred and lies and criminal activity by her CANNOT be rewarded, God. PLEASE!!!!"

So all during 2015 and 2016, the media had Trump in trouble. Couldn't win the nomination. About to quit. This new scandal will be the one that does him in. On and on it went. They had him with a 90% chance to lose. Even the day before the election, they had him ten points down. No chance of winning. The exit polls, according to the early evening telecasts, had a huge Hillary win.

Still I kept on praying.

Then the tide suddenly turned. The most unlikely thing happened. From the ashes, Trump emerged the victor. Prayer worked. Fervent strong prayer every single day.

That episode confirmed for me the power of prayer and existence of God for me. God listened and answered. And I suspect a lot more than me were praying just as hard.
Welp, I can guess where the replies in this thread are going to go...but before I bother reading them, I'll say this:

I'm agnostic, and yet I still prayed "Dear God, please do not let Hillary Clinton win." I did that several times a day, and I meant every last bit of it.

I'm still agnostic - but I have to say, considering everything that Trump had thrown at him (and still gets thrown at him daily), that was a pretty impressive win. The entire media was against him, the hard left was against him - and they are usually the loudest people out there - the Never Trumpers were against him, he was trashed on, lied about, insulted, mocked, and not taken seriously every single day, multiple times a day. That's all we saw, day in and day out - and yet, he still won.

Of course the bitter losers want to say it's because only they are smart enough to know anything, but the fact is, Trump won because enough people were sick and tired of the left and the rinos. They had enough, and if Trump pi$$ed off all of those people, well, let's take a closer look at the guy.

What the idiots don't realize is that by bashing on him daily, by trashing him, lying about him, carrying on endlessly about him, they helped cause the win.

Do I believe God had a hand in it? Again, I'm agnostic - prove to me one exists, I might be willing to go with that.

What I really believe had a hand in it was the left smearing him at every given opportunity, and the pi$$ed off populace seeing Trump not back down and saying some things out loud that they were feeling - sending a big, fat message to the "business as usual" politicians. The more they complained, the bigger Trump's support got. I wonder when the left and rinos will learn - because they still don't seem to have figured that out.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:07 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
In 2018 I prayed that the Democrats would take over the House. I am powerful!

Next up, I'm praying Trump is defeated in 2020. And I'm guessing the collective prayers of all sane Americans together will accomplish that as well.

Amen!

Old 02-09-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why not? Hell, if God is gonna grant wishes, you’d better pray for something better than a 300 lb orange.

Sometimes ya just gotta be obnoxious.

I mean, praying for a Trump victory and actually crediting God for it happening?

It’s effin insulting is what it is.
I agree being obnoxious to the OP is perfectly appropriate but mocking his religion is not. It’s like using a racist slur because you are mad at an individual of a certain race.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:19 PM

672 posts, read 256,363 times
It reminds me of when I was undergoing chemotherapy and people would tell me they would pray for me. Made me want to puke even more than I was already.

How about something that would have been of real benefit. Like bringing me a meal the day after treatment when I couldn't get out of bed for 24 hours.

What they were really saying is...we prefer platitudes over real action.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:20 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,769,652 times
You prayed for Hillary to lose and she lost, so what? There is no evidence that one had anything to do with the other. If prayers really determined election outcomes, nobody would bother with campaigns or fund raising or the like.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Your prayers had nothing to do with anything. A certain percentage of people remit from adverse medical circumstances, it’s a simple probability. Low percentage and slim chances are not NO chance. It happens. You got lucky. Enjoy your luck.

And the OP’s prayers for Trump were just as meaningless and had no effect on anything except wasting 30 minutes a day of valuable time.

C’mon people wake up. It’s 2019 and there’s no need for this silliness.
Once again that is your opinion. None of us really know for sure. By definition you can’t disprove the supernatural.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:24 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Wow, considering your power of magical prayers, why not pray to end world hunger or promote true world peace? Or to heal all the sick. End animal cruelty. Etc.

Of all things to pray for, you prayed for someone to win the 2016 election? lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies