Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 09:01 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,661,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That’s a lie. A lot of nations in this world would care no matter who gets nuked. You’re fantasizing.

The United States would damn sure care.
As an Israeli I'm telling you for sure that Israel will use nukes. We almost used it in 1973 when the syrians almost gained back the Golan and the Israeli contrattack in Sinai failed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 09:09 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,386,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Israel's great dillema

Israel's actual dilemma is that the Jewish citizens have a low birth rate and if trends continue they will eventually be a minority in their own country and when the Knesset is full of Arabs they can change the official status of the Jewish religion. It could cease to be a national homeland for Jews (not for the first time). Yes, they understand this and it worries them.

The occupation of the West Bank makes the situation riskier. Israel can not annex it with all of those Arab Christians and Muslims in place, because Israel's Euro-Jewish government would prefer not to make them citizens, so they need some way to get them to leave. They have had much more success driving out the Christians from the Holy Land, that group has had falling numbers for years, but the Muslims are not so easy to get rid of.
The other group in Israel with a high birth rate are the Haredim, or ultra Orthodox. Problem is that most of them don't have the education or skills that are needed in the high tech, high knowledge economy (the menfolk spend much of their time studying religious stuff), and many of them are exempt from military service too. Which bothers the rest of their more secular breathen --- yet they are also a important political constituency which will grow larger over time thanks to their high birth rate.

Would concur that Israel's biggest issues are more internal than external.

Last edited by silverkris; 02-10-2019 at 09:18 PM..

Old 02-10-2019, 09:11 PM

2,362 posts, read 781,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
As an Israeli I'm telling you for sure that Israel will use nukes. We almost used it in 1973 when the syrians almost gained back the Golan and the Israeli contrattack in Sinai failed.
You're an Israeli citizen, who does not have any transparency into the true thought process of the Israel government. Saying you're an Israel does not give you any authority on this matter unless you're going to follow up and say you had X position in the Israeli government.

Using nukes is not Israel's decision since using nukes might provoke other countries to use their nukes. It's a destabilizing act that no one knows how it will end up. That's why your papa(USA) will keep your hands pressed to the table away from the nuclear trigger.

Old 02-10-2019, 09:31 PM

18,498 posts, read 15,303,271 times
I would hope, in any case, in any country, that nukes are an absolute last resort.

So if they are a last resort, why would Isreal care about the political consequences? Any possible political consequences have got to be better than being taken over and killed. In that case, I would fully expect Israel to use them. At least I would hope so.

Old 02-10-2019, 10:48 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,046,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Israel's great dillema

Israel's actual dilemma is that the Jewish citizens have a low birth rate and if trends continue they will eventually be a minority in their own country and when the Knesset is full of Arabs they can change the official status of the Jewish religion. It could cease to be a national homeland for Jews (not for the first time). Yes, they understand this and it worries them.

The occupation of the West Bank makes the situation riskier. Israel can not annex it with all of those Arab Christians and Muslims in place, because Israel's Euro-Jewish government would prefer not to make them citizens, so they need some way to get them to leave. They have had much more success driving out the Christians from the Holy Land, that group has had falling numbers for years, but the Muslims are not so easy to get rid of.
Birth rate wont be a problem. Most of the influential Jews are anway in America . I thought the land was just a status symbol. Much of their business is carried out outside of Israel.

And "every one loses a nuke war" is a farce. It was used once in a war and what happened next?? Japan could never recover to strike back and they became an ally infact to USA.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:14 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,276,978 times
Quote:
If there is no choice, Israel will use nukes and will take all ME and Europe with it.
There’s always a choice, and using nuclear weapons is one that Israel can’t and won’t make.

They aren’t gonna take Europe out. The ME either. You just don’t get it.

Israel should not force the United States’ hand in that way. The United States may love Israel, but they aren’t gonna choose Israel over Europe and the Arabs as long as oil remains an important commodity. Don’t test my theory and find out the hard way.
Quote:
You’re fantasizing. The last WMD used in a war was in japan and it’s gonna remain that way. If a nuke is ever used again, it won’t be Israel doing it. It will not be allowed. There are more important considerations than Israel winning a war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I would hope, in any case, in any country, that nukes are an absolute last resort.

So if they are a last resort, why would Isreal care about the political consequences? Any possible political consequences have got to be better than being taken over and killed. In that case, I would fully expect Israel to use them. At least I would hope so.
They’re a deterrent...not a resort in Israel’s case. The REAL nuclear powers can’t and won’t stand for it. They aren’t gonna ever let Israel destroy the concept of nuclear non proliferation which is what Israel would be doing by using a nuke. For nations like The United States, Britain and France, that’s more important than Israel’s existence.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,276,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
You're an Israeli citizen, who does not have any transparency into the true thought process of the Israel government. Saying you're an Israel does not give you any authority on this matter unless you're going to follow up and say you had X position in the Israeli government.

Using nukes is not Israel's decision since using nukes might provoke other countries to use their nukes. It's a destabilizing act that no one knows how it will end up. That's why your papa(USA) will keep your hands pressed to the table away from the nuclear trigger.
It WOULD literally destroy nuclear non proliferation overnight. The United States, Britain and France simply can’t countenance that prospect.

And you’re right...it wouldn’t be Israel’s decision. Anyone thinking that it is is dreaming.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:39 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,747,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It WOULD literally destroy nuclear non proliferation overnight. The United States, Britain and France simply can’t countenance that prospect.

And you’re right...it wouldn’t be Israel’s decision. Anyone thinking that it is is dreaming.
You should study Israels History a bit....The Stern Gang, the Haganah, the Palmach. If it's down to the wire and Isreal's existence is in Jeopardy with no help from the US....The Jews have German built Dolphin class subs with US provided sub launch cruise missiles yea it won't be good...

P.S. My previous post said Iraq I meant Iran..

Old 02-11-2019, 05:42 AM

57,410 posts, read 26,355,027 times
Quote:
Where would they direct a nuclear missile with a ground force attacking them.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:45 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,747,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Where would they direct a nuclear missile with a ground force attacking them.
What's a ground force going to do with no support from home?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies