Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2019, 11:47 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I am still waiting for the 10% cut that Trump promised before the midterms. I suppose since the GOP got their butts handed to them, we won't be seeing it now. No doubt they will dangle it again in 2020.
I'm still waiting for my $2500 healthcare savings check from Obama. Get in line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 11:47 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
If that were true you guys wouldn't be here crying like little ******* about being forced to pay your state and local taxes

It isn't a loophole, it's called investing Craig.

:
It's one particular field of investing. There are many ways to invest. By some off-chance the POTUS and his SIL have those particular businesses. By another off-chance the entire Real Estate Industry is exempted from having to report many of the large transactions involving foreigners...you know, like when Russians buy multi-million dollar condos from Trump in FL and NY.

https://www.project-syndicate.org/co...aslund-2019-04

"For its part, the US needs to stop allowing ultimate beneficiary owners of US assets to hide their identities. The Secretary of the Treasury can end the temporary exemption for real-estate assets with the stroke of a pen."

This liberal does not mind one bit paying my high taxes....living well is the best revenge, my friend.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Craig is known to embellish things around here, nothing that he claims should be believed.
Truth be told, it's 87 pages but that includes state and cover letter and E-File pages, so I was being "conservative" to suit the likes of you.

If you like I can count up exactly....but you have to ask. 40 is a good guess....

Old 04-11-2019, 11:50 AM

[quote=craigiri;54915804]It's one particular field of investing. There are many ways to invest. [quote]

Then why are you only crying about one type of investing? Why don't you use that massive brain of yours and do some real estate investing of your own instead of being upset about it?

Quote:
This liberal does not mind one bit paying my high taxes....living well is the best revenge, my friend.
Sure you mind, if you really didn't mind you wouldn't have jumped into this thread with your fake stories about a 40+ page tax return.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Truth be told, it's 87 pages but that includes state and cover letter and E-File pages, so I was being "conservative" to suit the likes of you.

If you like I can count up exactly....but you have to ask. 40 is a good guess....
I couldn't possibly care less how many pages your fictitious tax return contains. Just pay what you owe to your state and smile about it.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yes trump did say postcard....for his proposal, which is NOT what was passed by the congress
So what we have is not "Trump Tax Cut"?

Do you have links to articles and videos where he is complaining that the GOP is messing up what he wanted? I see only praise...from him to himself and the GOP. Of course, in the signing statement he claimed it was the end of the ACA also. So it's hard to know what he is thinking.

He probably said it would narrow the deficit too.....

Old 04-11-2019, 11:59 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Red state, blue state---what difference does it make?

Get yourself a corporation and you will pay no taxes at all! Only suckers pay taxes--right? Per Trump--this makes the companies very smart.

"At least 60 companies reported that their 2018 federal tax rates amounted to effectively zero, or even less than zero, on income earned on U.S. operations, according to an analysis released today by the Washington, D.C.-based think tank, the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy. The number is more than twice as many as ITEP found roughly, per year, on average in an earlier, multi-year analysis before the new tax law went into effect."....

"....Among them are household names like technology giant Amazon.com Inc. and entertainment streaming service Netflix Inc., in addition to global oil giant Chevron Corp., pharmaceutical manufacturer Eli Lilly and Co., and farming and commercial equipment manufacturer Deere & Co...

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/tax...x-plan-n993046

Old 04-11-2019, 12:13 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Just got my return.

I have to laugh when I see that Trump claimed the new tax law would allow filing on a postcard!!

My Federal Return is over 40 pages....AND, I sold all my former businesses and am retired. I take the standard deduction for the first time in my life. It's still 40 pages.....maybe more.

So, now only are we not paying the bills - vastly larger deficit, but this off-the-cuff "reform" is anything buy.
I hear you. Mine was 55 pages, and I'm retired, too. But it's always like that. Thank goodness for e-file. Otherwise, I'd be sending in a manuscript. Ugh.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:15 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
Just finished my tax returns...

I made more money, paid more in taxes and am getting back 1/3 the amount I got last year!

SOOOOOO HAAAPPPPY your rich 1% buddies got a tax break, they REEEAAAALLY need it.

Congrats however, now I know I'm voting for ANYONE but Trump.
Didn't see a lot of difference in my return. But the charities and GoodWills in my area took a hit. Since you can't itemize those deductions anymore, donations are way down. No skin off Trump's back though, why would he care?

Old 04-11-2019, 12:26 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
That just means you don't know how to file your taxes.
No, there are a lot of different tax code rules and everything has to be documented. That means various additional schedules and tax reporting forms, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies