Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 04:59 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There was nothing for us to win.
you apparently do not know any south Vietnamese...……..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 05:00 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
We weren’t fighting the Germans yet in 1941 were we? I have heard that we were ill prepared for an invasion. Why the Japanese didn’t invade Hawaii after the raid is beyond me though.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:06 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
The hunters would quickly catch on.
That's one way of putting it. "Brutal Darwinian elimination process" is another.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:12 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
You just keep believing that. Are you aware that the army is not permitted to raise arms against it's own population?
Pull that out of your butt?

The army has killed American civilians in the past.

You’re also changing the subject.

Durka derr.

Quote:
And we still lose. 50 of them and 5 of us and we lose.
And once again support for the war back home doesn’t exist. Not like Vietnam, but there is still little support among the population.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
What American trained army is going to kill their fathers then line up their moms and sisters etc up on wall????
You’re attempting to change the subject as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
We weren’t fighting the Germans yet in 1941 were we? I have heard that we were ill prepared for an invasion. Why the Japanese didn’t invade Hawaii after the raid is beyond me though.
Because it was a strain just to do an air raid. They didn’t have enough support to keep forces supplied as the distance was too great.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:47 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
you apparently do not know any south Vietnamese...……..
I don't. That does nothing to dispute my point.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
And once again support for the war back home doesn’t exist. Not like Vietnam, but there is still little support among the population.
There is nothing to support other than war itself.

Old 02-16-2019, 07:59 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Because it was a strain just to do an air raid. They didn’t have enough support to keep forces supplied as the distance was too great.
Even if it had been within their theoretical power to take Hawaii (and as you point out, it wasn't), it would never have been worth the cost. Nothing in Hawaii that's in itself worth having for the Japanese - the only point would be to deny it to the US Navy.

Whereas Thailand, Burma, British Malaya etc. had the resources that Japan wanted. (And if it hadn't been for a few lucky breaks, they might very well have made it to India as well.) Direct return on investment by occupying those.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:06 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
I don't. That does nothing to dispute my point.
Your point being there was nothing to win. I and many south Vietnamese dispute that. they had a chance to form a much more democratic and free country, then they have even now...…….

Old 02-17-2019, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Your point being there was nothing to win. I and many south Vietnamese dispute that. they had a chance to form a much more democratic and free country, then they have even now...…….
Only the people of a country can force the changes they want. It was the people of Germany that decided they wanted to go another route.

Old 02-17-2019, 11:00 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Dude View Post
Listen guys and gals, if a 3rd world country like Vietnam can fend off a 1st world nation like the U.S simply because they're well armed then you have to admit that having a well armed populace is at minimum a deterrent for any foreign invader who would consider occupying your country.

If you want to give up arms as the free nation who protects everyone on this globe, then you go ahead and give them up. **** you.
Thats why we had militias, their duty was to protect against foreign AND DOMESTIC threats...today, 'the people' in general are the militia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies