Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 05:13 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I nominate this sister and brother for the Nobel Peace Prize.

The girl, age 8, was killed by Trump's drone war. The boy, age 14, was killed by Obama's drone war. The boy was an American citizen. No information on the girl's citizenship.

RIP Nawar al-Awlaki and Abdulrahman al-Awlaki. Your deaths were not in vain as we have roads to show for it.

Source: https://www.commondreams.org/sites/d...?itok=J8FMt72I
yep children dying in wars is truly terrible . We can call it whatever we want but it is wrong , very wrong.

Obama made a choice to limit feet on the ground to save american lives and to sanitize war for Americans, i am not sure i agree with it. I am not sure we should be able or willing to conduct war without risk or without exposing ourselves.

Of course Keep in mind it was Bush who started the two wars which have killed so many and spread so far. It was Bush's desire to strike and to be seen to be striking out, instead of targeting the group or nation that actually caused the harm.

Neither did i think OBama should have been given a Nobel Peace prize so soon , it was an over correction to Bush's war mongering and i believe they regretted later when Obama did not or could not wind up the wars ..

But none of that has anything to do with Trump chasing glory, Trump begging for an award and shaming us all by doing so. Trump has already shown his true colors he will never get an award of such stature at least not unless he does something incredible and confounds us all.

Old 02-19-2019, 05:13 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
Yeah...he singlehandedly made the Nobel Peace Prize the equivalent of the prize in the Cracker Jack box.
Yet Trump still feels cheated out of the prize.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:18 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I think Trump was probably just jealous that Obama got a Nobel and he didn't. :P
That's part of it. Trump HATES Obama and is EXTREMELY jealous of him. Barack got a Nobel? Trump wants one, too!

Also, Trump just wants an award, wants to be recognized. Like a young child, Trump wants a trophy he can put on his mantle, right next to his longest shutdown in govt history certificate

Last edited by NeutralParty; 02-20-2019 at 06:51 AM..

Old 02-20-2019, 06:27 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Assuming the story has any validty, what is worse, trying to get people to recognize your accomplishments, or getting an undeserved Nobel handed to you for doing absolutely nothing?
You do realize that is what happened with Obama, right?

`
Obama didn't campaign for it.

It was the Nobel Peace Prize Committee that made the error. They admitted later that the purpose was to encourage more world leaders to adopt the globalist approach Obama was heading for (I know many of you didn't like it -- yeah yeah).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/obama-...cial-1.2644513 Obama camp angry, embarrassed over 2009 Nobel Prize: official

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...way-rebuke-war Obama administration rebuked Norway over Nobel peace prize, diplomat says

It was kind of ridiculous and it seems even the Obama administration saw that.

And if Trump had any inclination to read or inform himself, he would know that it is not likely that it would happen again -- that a US President would get a Nobel Peace Prize for talking about trying to get peace -- lol.

Who knows what happened here?

Was it Trump's admin. trying to snag him a prize or someone else setting him up?

Hilarious that there were two attempts that were falsely submitted.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:45 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,582,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Your level of disconnect with actual reality is astounding.

Take a look at the doomsday clock. Read the assessments of your own intelligence community. The world has not been made safer but actually less safe in the last two years of Trump dismantling alliances and giving countries like North Kora and Russia room to move.

You have to be a moron to believe Trump has actually accomplished anything regarding U.S. of A. safety, much less, world safety.

From Psychology Today:

"... The narcissist doesn’t care about discovery, whether legal or the ordinary kind. He cares about promoting his truth even if it is a bald-faced lie and everyone will know it soon enough. And he will brook no challenges and will never admit it was a lie to begin with."

Who does that sound like ?

Old 02-20-2019, 07:35 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
I promise not to demonetize you. Ever.

But seriously, one must be damaged to watch this man in action and come away with a positive impression. He's an imbecile.
This made me giggle.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:23 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Trump really wanted his prize. He thought he'd get the prize after meeting with NK's leader once. He worked so hard traveling to Asia to have the press event with the handshake, then later announcing NK was no longer a nuclear threat. He thought that was it, the prize was his. Bwahahahaha.

His staff uses the prize as a carrot on a stick. And world leaders do the same. They know Trump's got a big ego and he wants his prize.
She hasn't sung yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Trump, or someone from his administration, forged Nobel nomination-rosie.jpg  

Old 02-20-2019, 08:27 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Just when you think they can't be any worse than they already are:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/w...UumOGhTH1gu-EQ

Two nominations for Trump to receive the Nobel in 2017 were, apparently, forged. When contacted to confirm the nominations the "nominators" stated they did not nominate Trump.

CLOWN SHOW.

Lets not forget that on Sunday we discovered that Trump told McCabe to "Call your wife and ask her what it feels like to be a loser"

Trump is a horrible human being and if you support him...well. Yeah.
We've got Trump figured out. It's obvious that he is a two-bit hustler, crystal clear that he could not care less about you or me, that this is all about stroking his bloated ego. Where you really begin to wonder is the motivations of those that continue to support him.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:07 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
We've got Trump figured out. It's obvious that he is a two-bit hustler, crystal clear that he could not care less about you or me, that this is all about stroking his bloated ego. Where you really begin to wonder is the motivations of those that continue to support him.
You leftists' figureoutter is as inept as your crystal clear ball in predicting the outcome of the 2016 election, and the results of great things being carried out by the Trump presidency is proving you wrong once more.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:35 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Nobel prize for what...stupid and inappropriate tweets?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies