Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Donald Trump a Russian asset?
Yes 67 38.07%
No 109 61.93%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 09:06 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times

Advertisements

Trump is not only an idiot, he is a narcissist of the highest order, and only has appeal to those who are uneducated, naive, and easily misled (i.e., people who watch Fox News)

The sad reality is no one knows how compromised he is, other than Putin and Trump himself. What we do know is Trump will sell this country out to save his own hide, which should be worrisome to all Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 09:28 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,963,864 times
The boyish geek McCabe is trying to sell a book and democrats just lap it up.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:38 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
When he said “ Russia if your listening” that was a big giveaway. Why would he say that if Russia wasn’t involved in our elections? Trump has been a proven con man for years. Our country learned a big lesson. No more big talking con men. I don’t care how much money they have. Clearly Trump is only happy making money no matter where it comes from or what lies he has to tell to get what he wants. His family is no better.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:43 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
The boyish geek McCabe is trying to sell a book and democrats just lap it up.
I wouldn’t call McCabe a “geek”
Those are the guys that run Google and Apple
McCabe isn’t a techno freak

I think most of the higher eschilon at the FBI were freaked out the kazoo when they found out what Trump was willing to do to get elected...
And how all the criminals they had some hints about in the past 15 years dealing with dirty money and the Russian oligarchs were in bed with Trump because they had spent all their time looking for terrorists (Orange Alert!!!) and cartel drug loads...
These people were hiding in plain sight in America all these years and no one at the FBI really took a hard run at them—-
That lack of endeavor could be because there was lot of money and pressure laid around in political circles to look in other areas—

Face it—there were plenty of reasons based on what we are hearing about the background and involvement of people close to Trump, lobbyists on K street, and other pockets of criminality where the dirt was being dished and no one cared enough to look too closely...

Just like the FBI stopped looking at white/domestic terrorism
Now we can see how that was a mistake and likely represented some willful ignorance on the part of the Bureau chiefs...

Old 02-20-2019, 09:46 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
McCabe is a Russian hunter. He knows what s up. Fine tuned BS meter surrounding smell of Kremlin corruption.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:46 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
When he said “ Russia if your listening” that was a big giveaway. Why would he say that if Russia wasn’t involved in our elections? Trump has been a proven con man for years. Our country learned a big lesson. No more big talking con men. I don’t care how much money they have. Clearly Trump is only happy making money no matter where it comes from or what lies he has to tell to get what he wants. His family is no better.
To you and to me and to people who didn’t trust Trump as far as we could throw his 400 lb carcass
But just like mothers never see an ugly baby—some people refuse to admit Trump is a grifter and syncophant for Putin or anyone who will put money in his pocket and promise him all the Mickey D’s He can eat...

Old 02-20-2019, 09:52 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Russia was actually Trumps asset.
Just ask Eric.
That s how they roll.
Wash the blood off. It s all good.

Old 02-21-2019, 04:18 AM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
4. In any case, Russia has Crimea...and they now have bases in Syria and new nukes and are comfortable threatening the USA...
Russia has had bases inside of Syria my whole life.

Russia has been threatening the US my whole life.

Using your logic, ending LBJ's massive and needless escalation in Vietnam proves that the Republican president was a communist puppet.

Obama lied and broke promises so he could spend billions in Syria arming terrorists that he thought were moderate rebels and attempt to remove Assad who kept ISIS at bay.

Old 02-21-2019, 04:29 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
All depends on what you mean by "asset". If you mean that he is directly in the employ of Putin, then the answer is probably no. If you mean that having Trump as President is advantageous to Putin and his enemy state - the answer is a resounding yes.

Trump, and Obama before him have been the perfect storm for Russia. They used the backlash against Obama to set the stage for Trump; and they could not find anyone more effective at dividing our country from within than DJT.

This has been their playbook since the 50's. They would much rather destroy us from within, than invest in boots on the ground or deploy spies. With the Internet, a few Russian troll farms can do the work of an army, without firing a shot.

Last edited by GearHeadDave; 02-21-2019 at 04:47 AM..

Old 02-21-2019, 04:45 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
I won't answer the poll, and none of us should, because there's no way any of us civilians can know. McCabe's statement that it's "possible" seems a good enough answer for me to adopt as my own for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies