Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 06:16 AM

3,005 posts, read 1,508,213 times

Advertisements

Hillary is well qualified to operate the party machine, and still owns a piece of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 06:17 AM

5,736 posts, read 2,211,018 times
Hillary’s loss is the gift that keeps on giving

Old 02-22-2019, 06:21 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,457,938 times
People can learn from other peoples mistakes. They can seek advice from those people and learn something that could help.

Last edited by KayAnn246; 02-22-2019 at 06:32 AM..

Old 02-22-2019, 06:30 AM

37,831 posts, read 41,172,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Maybe they were analyzing how she could have one 3 million more votes than Trump, and still lost, IN ORDER THAT it is not repeated.

Hillary made some huge mistakes. Huge enough that it cost her the election. If they are able to understand that, then next time might be different.

Anyone who has ever been successful knows that no matter the outcome, you ALWAYS do a post-mortum. Analyze what you did right so you can repeat it, analyze what you did wrong so you don't. Continuous improvement.

(My statement is very generic. Applies to any project or campaign, business or political, and does not lean to one party or another.)

It seems the OP is just trying to take a childish jab at HRC. Fair enough if you don't like her, but at least knock on something of substance. There is plenty of material to work with, this is not some of it.
Don't get butt hurt because you still aren't over 2016. I said the same thing about Romney and McCain, also two-time losers. I don't see that Romney, Hillary or McCain when he was alive acknowledging that what everyone was saying they did wrong was actually what they admitted they did wrong.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:31 AM

17,041 posts, read 12,663,021 times
What NOT to do?

Old 02-22-2019, 06:37 AM

4,085 posts, read 2,176,855 times
This is a good point. There was a local independent coffee shop here that failed...but the owner was rebranding himself as a consultant who could help other people start and run indy coffee shops. ?????? I guess there is something to be learned from failure (don't make the mistakes I made), but personally I'd rather be advised by someone who succeeded.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:38 AM

5,746 posts, read 2,799,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
Hillary is well qualified to operate the party machine, and still owns a piece of it.
That is exactly it. I worked in politics and the machine always belongs to the last party endorsed individual for that office, whether they won ot lost. When I say machine, I mean money.
Joe and Amy are most likely not seeking advice, they are first trying to find out if she’s running again, then to ask her to turn over her contacts and donations lists. They’re kind of seeking a preemptive endorsement from her in the way of material and logistical support.
There are people who are professional campaigners, like Paul Bagala or James Carville, that Hillary might convince to work on a campaign.
It’s not like all these people know each other, so Hillary might be asked to facilitate a meeting between folks with a common goal who she thinks might work well together.
Stuff like that.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:41 AM

8,444 posts, read 4,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Don't get butt hurt because you still aren't over 2016. I said the same thing about Romney and McCain, also two-time losers. I don't see that Romney, Hillary or McCain when he was alive acknowledging that what everyone was saying they did wrong was actually what they admitted they did wrong.
Trump did not go to Romney or McCain for advice but I think he did learn from their losses though. They both took the approach that it was more important to be seen as being stately and gentlemanly than it was to take the kill shot when it was presented to you. Much of the GOP at the time thought that even if you didn't take every shot you were given, people would notice that the shot was there and figure things out on their own. Or maybe a proxy with influence would take the shot for you. Never happened.

Trump took the opposite approach and was more successful with it.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:43 AM

31,339 posts, read 14,412,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
This has always bothered me. It did with Romney and it did with McCain, too. Why would you seek campaign advice from former candidates who were two time losers? Their experience is in losing not winning. In this case above with Biden and Klobuchar, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama are still alive. Ask them for advice, not Hillary. They won.

And it's not just politicians. It's the people who ran their campaigns that the news media goes to. Why would you discuss campaign strategy/analysis on TV with the people who, for example, ran McCain's and Romney's campaigns? Or, Robby Mook, who ran H. Clinton's campaign (and who I will bet will be all over TV as we get closer to 2020)? What could they possibly offer? You should be interviewing Axelrod and Rove about campaign strategy, two guys who ran successful campaigns and are still alive.

If you were going for marriage counseling, would you go to and pay a marriage counselor whose clients have a 100% divorce rate?
What kind of advice is Hillary going to give?

* Call your opponents a basket of deplorables.

* Spend a lot of time in California which is going to vote for you even if you shoot someone on Hollywood Blvd and are caught with the smoking gun in your hand.

* Ignore the swing states of WI, MI , PA. They are in the bag!

* Be nasty

* Oh, and if you do lose, you were cheated out of it by Russian Collusion.

Sounds like a winning plan!

Old 02-22-2019, 06:47 AM

2,694 posts, read 1,681,346 times
Hillary has lost but she is ruthless and still wields some power. You don't want to **** her off by not showing up when she wants to hold a gathering for some important advice. By showing up you are losing only a few hours and listen to her drone on but then you get her on your side and maybe her endorsement, for what it is worth. Cross her and she can stab you. Judging from this board there are still some die hard fans of her and will still vote based on her recommendations.

The centrist candidates are more likely to seek advice from her rather than the leftists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies