Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2019, 09:47 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I imagine that in all the cases, a doctor has assessed the severity of the abnormality, in consult with the woman. But hey, those women, too stupid to understand the situation.
Not at all. I'm joining the My Body, My Infant, My Choice brigade. If the sex mate left her or she decides to go to school or realizes she can't afford the child, what the heck, her own life matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 11:25 AM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixlets82 View Post
If you look at the research for abortions it actually proves that most women are very irresponsible when it comes to abortions, only 3% of abortions performed are due to maternal/infant health issues the top reasons cited for abortions are Financial stress, relationship issues and work/school conflict. Seems like these are all issues that the woman should've been aware of BEFORE becoming pregnant not something that just suddenly pops up after the fact. So another words ladies if you're in a terrible financial situation, a terrible relationship , trying to finish school or working long hours that doesn't bode well for a child...maybe try using some common sense and keeping those legs closed or using protection. Trust me the "D" will still be there when/if your situation improves just a tip
Half the women who seek abortion were using "protection".

Why are "ladies" the only ones responsible for an unwanted pregnancy?

Old 03-01-2019, 11:38 AM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I see. Anencephaly is your go to abnormality, but you don't give a hoot about whether others, such as spina bifida and polydactyly among them, are compatible with life. That's fine, you're a 100% choicer. Abortion on demand throughout pregnancy and death upon giving birth if the woman says so and finds the right doctor.
No one is proposing "Abortion on demand throughout pregnancy". After 24 weeks there needs to be a medical reason for it. There is no "right doctor" who is going to allow a healthy baby to die. Those for whom only comfort measures will be offered have severe anomalies.

Old 03-01-2019, 11:42 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
I see. Anencephaly is your go to abnormality, but you don't give a hoot about whether others, such as spina bifida and polydactyly among them, are compatible with life. That's fine, you're a 100% choicer. Abortion on demand throughout pregnancy and death upon giving birth if the woman says so and finds the right doctor.
Once again, neither the law nor anyone on this thread advocates death upon giving birth.

Women aren't evil. They just aren't.

Old 03-01-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Not at all. I'm joining the My Body, My Infant, My Choice brigade. If the sex mate left her or she decides to go to school or realizes she can't afford the child, what the heck, her own life matters.
Her own life DOES matter, doesn't it?

Old 03-01-2019, 01:15 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
I think women are better than what you are making them out to be, they don't need the threat of jail to keep them from killing their babies, shame on you for thinking otherwise.

Old 03-01-2019, 02:12 PM

10,235 posts, read 6,322,066 times
I had a coworker whose doctors told her she need to abort because her baby had a medical condition that was incompatible with life. She refused. Her baby girl was born, lived only a few months, and racked up millions of dollars trying to keep her alive.

The Health Insurance Company dropped not only her insurance, but the entire Agency's Group Health Insurance because of this one doomed baby. That was 100's of men, women, and babies and children. All for the sake of just one baby. What made HER baby so special over the lives of all others? This state could have used a Futile Care Law in this circumstance.

The Agency's Head had scramble to find another Group Insurance immediately so all these other people, babies and children included, could have health insurance.

This woman came back to work, but quit after a very short time. Use your imagination. Think she was greeted with open arms coming back to work by her fellow employees?

Old 03-01-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I had a coworker whose doctors told her she need to abort because her baby had a medical condition that was incompatible with life. She refused. Her baby girl was born, lived only a few months, and racked up millions of dollars trying to keep her alive.

The Health Insurance Company dropped not only her insurance, but the entire Agency's Group Health Insurance because of this one doomed baby. That was 100's of men, women, and babies and children. All for the sake of just one baby. What made HER baby so special over the lives of all others? This state could have used a Futile Care Law in this circumstance.

The Agency's Head had scramble to find another Group Insurance immediately so all these other people, babies and children included, could have health insurance.

This woman came back to work, but quit after a very short time. Use your imagination. Think she was greeted with open arms coming back to work by her fellow employees?
I sympathize with you, but I support her choice. It is her choice. For some people, the need to know they did everything possible is what guides them. For others, the need to know that what they did alleviated the baby's pain is their guide. I believe that each woman is intelligent, responsible and moral, that each situation is unique, and that the woman, in consultation with her doctor and any others' input that she values, should be able to do what is right for her.

Old 03-01-2019, 04:26 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
I love your logic. Anyway, my concerns are why an abortion up to birth was applauded and why the wording of the New York law was changed. Now reasons for having a late term abortion include, physical, emotional, physiological, family, age. They have lots of reasons now.

A lot of pro abortion women are concerned that the 24 weeks has been expanded to up to birth.
A woman does not need the threat of being arrested in order to do the right thing for herself and her baby, she doesn't need a bunch of fake religious people or self righteous men legislating when she can have an abortion or why she can have an abortion. How would you like it if it was criminal for a man to get any woman other than his wife pregnant? Or how about making it a crime for a man to get a woman pregnant if he is a carrier of a genetic disorder that could cause a life threatening deformity in a baby?

Old 03-01-2019, 04:54 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,130,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Because the previous law in NY considered abortion a crime if performed after a woman is twenty-four weeks pregnant, unless the mother’s life is in immediate jeopardy, even though the baby in her womb would not be able to live outside of it.

In other words, in New York a woman with a dead fetus in her body was forced to carry it until it rotted to the point that her life was in immediate jeopardy, get it now?
I’m sure if the fetus had died, the woman would have been able to get medical attention. What medical provider would refuse to give her help? Find written proof of a case or two, then we’ll discuss it.

At any rate, the fact that now a woman can get an abortion up until birth and the reasons might now include psychological or family, according to what I read in the New York law, then things have been changed for the benefit of the mother, not the baby. You may feel differently and that’s your right. A sick or dying baby or mother is one thing, but family? Come on. And it’s right there in the law. The definition of life and ‘health’ of the mother has been expanded to include a lot of different reasons.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/42616...-james-barrett

Last edited by Taz22; 03-01-2019 at 05:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies