Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 12:01 PM

41,998 posts, read 75,328,187 times

Advertisements

What a load of hyperbolic hogwash. My Catholic, Democratic self will keep on keepin' on, knowing that the hysterical scenarios painted in the OP's link do not happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
What a bizarre question.
I was going to go with "ignorant", myself.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:10 PM

37,669 posts, read 46,114,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
That's odd, you're among one of the few African-Americans I heard say they were raised Catholic. Were you adopted?
I know just three black people, really well. All three were raised Catholic.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:10 PM

17,348 posts, read 12,305,057 times
Made up outrage and useless regulation. I thought we were supposed to be cutting those.

But while we're at it, please point me to the biblical passage that forbids abortion. The only one I've found is instructions on how to get one at the temple. Numbers 5:11-31

Old 02-27-2019, 12:12 PM

2,362 posts, read 780,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I know just three black people, really well. All three were raised Catholic.
Well that's weird, and it's certainly exceptional: A Religious Portrait of African-Americans | Pew Research Center

Only 5% or less of AAs are Catholic and I'm sure some of those"AAs" are from Cuba and other Catholic Caribbean countries.

It's certainly nothing I ever encountered in the USA. AAs were either protestant or Muslim.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:17 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,648,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It is your business that God’s children are being murdered and you enable it with your vote. Then it will be a big problem.
SCOTUS says NOPE....

Old 02-27-2019, 12:17 PM

68,350 posts, read 54,502,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
This is what I've heard my entire life. God will hold anybody who votes Democrat personally responsible on judgment day for the death of every aborted baby and the abominations of every LGBTQ sexual deviant. He will also completely wipe America off the face of the planet in a fury of fire like he did Sodom and Gomorrah unless this country fully returns to being 'One Nation Under God'. It's a lot of incentive to vote Republican.

Far more incentive not to listen to the twisted 'truth' spewed by the Christian Taliban.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:18 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,253,304 times
Quote:
And if you’re Catholic you better skip communion or mass all together.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43962...rat-matt-walsh

This is another right-wing attempt to pass a Death Panel!!! Don't fall for it.

And I am SICK AND TIRED of the right-wing's fascination with DEATH PANEL telling us what to do!!!!!!!

Fact: Babies born of failed abortion have literally 0% survival rate. Ok, maybe a 0.00000000001%, but you get the idea. That's because fetuses are usually killed before the extraction AND they are not old enough to survive outside the womb to begin with. When a fetuses survived, it will eventually die. It simply CANNOT survive on its own. Period. End of story.

When a patient has a terminal condition that has NO cure, and this is true for ALL cases whether it's a baby or an adult, the procedure is to allow the closest family members to decide what to do given all the options explained by the doctors. The family can decide to throw a Hail Mary and try some medical procedure in hope of a miracle or the family can decide for comfort care and hospice. Again, this is standard procedure for ALL patients including those from failed abortions.

What this right-wing GOP bills wants to do is to take away those options from the family/doctors and say, "YOU MUST DO THIS!!! YOU MUST TRY THE EXPENSE AND IMPOSSIBLE PROCEDURE TO SAVE THE PATIENT!!!"

No, F*** you, right-wing. As someone who has faced this situation before with my Dad, there is NO ONE ABSOLUTE WAY TO DO THINGS!!! Sometimes you want to try to save the patient, sometimes you have to let the patient go. Everyone and every situation is different. The GOP is trying to legislate your family's tragedy!

Old 02-27-2019, 12:22 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,817,504 times
Quote:
It is your business that God’s children are being murdered and you enable it with your vote. Then it will be a big problem.
This is hilarious considering my posting history. Even so, my vote is none of your business as yours is not mine. Stop minding other people's business. Matt Walsh has a right to his opinion as do zealots from the left. We can ignore them, laugh at them, or bang out diatribes on an internet forum. But that doesn't change the fact that people should mind their own business.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:23 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,613,890 times

Old 02-27-2019, 12:24 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,120,131 times
Quote:
And if you’re Catholic you better skip communion or mass all together.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43962...rat-matt-walsh
says you and your diddling priests
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies