Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 04:51 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,575,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I don't think an real or (Hard Civil War) wont happen. But a huge chance of a Soft Civil War is likely. The past 10 Weeks we as a nation had two major false incidents in which Trump supporters were accused of fanning hate. Covington and Jussie Smollet. Those who partake in Academia, media, social media, entertainment and Journalism industries quickly attacked the Covington Catholic school kids without getting facts or any sort of due process. It turns out that a group of militant pro black American men started yelling racial slurs first, and the Native American approached the group of men. Than you had Jussie Smollet who created a hoax in which white men who are Trump supporters attacked him and beat him up because he is black and gay. The story turned out to be false, and that Jussie Smollet created the incident on his own accord. Such incidents like this could have caused a race war and hurt innocent people regardless of their political position.

No bullets from military guns are not going to fly in this Soft Civil War. At most mainly guns from officers at minimum. The causality for combatants in this Civil War will be via character assassination, defamation, doxxing, loss of livilyhood via job or eviction due to someone's views or comment or action that offends extreme left or right political wings. Case in point Roseanne Bar, and recently with Mark Lamont Hill comments against Israel, and even Jussie Smollett.

My thing is this. All sorts of feminism, conscious woke pro blacks, SJW's Alt-Right, White nationalist, white Supremacist all needs to stop their crap before real people get hurt. These echo chambers are dangerous and pose a greave threat to majority of society. Such echo chambers are always outrage, don't believe in due process, they believe they are victims, and last very emotional and don't see things logically.
It's the RWNJ's who are constantly calling for civil war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 04:52 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,941,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
When one side won't accept the results of an election, isn't it already here?
That's how the crazy a$$ Confederate Slaver States looked at it.

Maybe we learned something from that one?

I know it's a long shot ( no pun intended ) but remaining hopeful.

Old 03-01-2019, 05:01 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,834,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
When one side won't accept the results of an election, isn't it already here?

There's a difference between accepting the election results and supporting Trump.

Why can't Republicans see that? Also, Republicans were constantly claiming that Obama was illegitimate because they believed he wasn't born in the US (despite proof to the contrary).

Old 03-01-2019, 05:04 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,898,684 times
Who would fight the civil war?
Burning vacant buildings or parked cars as BLM did or ANTIFA did is a far cry from facing down a company of irate Marines. I guess a bunch of occupy Wall Street types might liter and squat for a month complaining about bills they agreed to but no longer want to pay. Other than that, just a bunch of keyboard warriors typing.

Old 03-01-2019, 05:26 PM

672 posts, read 256,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
In just about every civil war that's happened anywhere, no one knew it was coming until it came. No one wants civil wars, it doesn't work that way. People have their issues and they push and push and they always expect those things to be resolved somehow.

Days before the Syrian war, you could be in Damascus sipping an arabic coffee asking anyone if they expect a civil war. They would say while their country has problems with human rights and corruption, it's also a peaceful country. And then several days later, protests, and situations that keep escalating out of control.

It's in my opinion that America is very close to a civil war. It won't take much.

Any scenario involving impeachment of DJT could plunge America into a civil war. All it takes is one side deciding they no longer want to play by the rules of the constitution. The problem is, both sides have their fanbase steadfastly loyal and ready to fight.

I hope all the RW nutjobs do try to start a civil war. They will get gunned down in the streets like rabid dogs. It would be a great way to get rid of them.

Old 03-01-2019, 05:26 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,075,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Who would fight the civil war?
Burning vacant buildings or parked cars as BLM did or ANTIFA did is a far cry from facing down a company of irate Marines. I guess a bunch of occupy Wall Street types might liter and squat for a month complaining about bills they agreed to but no longer want to pay. Other than that, just a bunch of keyboard warriors typing.
True about the keyboard warrior types.

Old 03-01-2019, 05:28 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,534,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
With the media playing the pivotal role of the South Carolina Fire Eaters..

I call BS personally.. sure there are divisions among us but there are no clear boundaries as there were in 1861...
A lack of clear lines does not preclude a civil war, it just means it will be particularly bloody and messy if it does happen, as in many countries around the world.

Old 03-01-2019, 05:35 PM

19,859 posts, read 12,147,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Growing up I was told over and over again in church that if same-sex marriage was ever legalized we'd have a civil war. Looks like it might become a self-fulfilling prophecy. I really don't know how we come back from this to be honest. Our only hope is to somehow preserve our system of government and institution for another 10-20 years or so until the next generation steps into power but it's going to be a very rough road to get there.
If your church is telling you that “over and over” you might want to look for another church. I have never heard a preacher say that in any church. It sounds like one of those divisive churches like obama attended in Chicago.

Old 03-01-2019, 05:36 PM

19,859 posts, read 12,147,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet619 View Post
I hope all the RW nutjobs do try to start a civil war. They will get gunned down in the streets like rabid dogs. It would be a great way to get rid of them.

You certainly sound stable.

Old 03-01-2019, 05:49 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,602,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
There's a difference between accepting the election results and supporting Trump.

Why can't Republicans see that? Also, Republicans were constantly claiming that Obama was illegitimate because they believed he wasn't born in the US (despite proof to the contrary).
And then you have some people who, to this day, admit that Obama was born in the U.S., but still argue that he is not a 'natural born citizen' .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies