Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 06:44 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,237,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
What's the big deal, Chick Fil A rules.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/like-cl...180234037.html
Provides all those fast food servers earning minimum wage with job opportunity.

Why make the wealthy high end restaurants more money?

when Obama went to a fast food place, the media praised him for being a regular guy.

McDonalds has been very responsive to environmental awareness. From eliminating plastics to urging the consumption of flatulent cows. As Diane DeGette said of gun mags, the more they are used, the less there are of them. guess it goes the same for burgers.

Trump worked his axe off as an up and coming real estate guru. He knows the common man as he mingled with the tradesmen and construction bosses and unions. Obama knew ayres and dohrn. Dohrn being on the FBI's most wanted list. And of course rev wright, a hate and fear mongering racist who hated America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 06:59 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,783,484 times
I think you all are being too hard on Dear Leader. He reminds of my grandpa. While my grandmother owned her own restaurant and was an excellent cook, he would still load the boys (he had no granddaughters) into the car and go get hamburgers, cause it’s just what kids want sometimes.

Yes, just like my grandpa. Well, except my Grampa wasn’t a crook and a traitor, but otherwise just like my grandpa.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:58 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I think you all are being too hard on Dear Leader. He reminds of my grandpa. While my grandmother owned her own restaurant and was an excellent cook, he would still load the boys (he had no granddaughters) into the car and go get hamburgers, cause it’s just what kids want sometimes.

Yes, just like my grandpa. Well, except my Grampa wasn’t a crook and a traitor, but otherwise just like my grandpa.
This thread reminds me of my Grandma. She used to read all the gossip rags like The Star and liked to watch game shows .

Now sure she paid attention to meaningless crap for no good reason but it made her happy.

Now back to OMG Trump fed college football players cheeseburgers and did you see that hat Melania wore blah blah blah.

P.S. Frankly I think topics like this help Trump greatly but I've covered that before and some folks just love their mental cheeseburgers and gameshows and can't let go of it.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:09 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Well, considering that you're one of Trumpie's cultmembers, and the last time someone treated you to a special dinner you got so excited you rolled the window all the way down and the hot dogs and root beer spilled all over the parking lot, I wouldn't expect you to understand.
Bless your heart. Argument based on logic & fact does not require personal attacks.

Some people enjoyed a chicken dinner at the White House cooked by Chic Fillet. There's nothing more too it than that. The fact that this is a YUGE issue for some of you speaks more of you than what you are saying about everyone else.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:15 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
In other words, Clemson being served fast food had absolutely nothing to do with Democrats, who Trump blamed for not being able serve a proper dinner. Shut down is over, Mr. President. What’s your excuse this time?
Further, the brands being endorsed are not trying to cash in on the endorsement.

"..."It used to be that brands would love to get an endorsement from the president," said Tim Calkins, who teaches marketing at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management. "Now, if anything, I think these companies probably squirm a bit."

Trump's own divisive brand makes him a less-than-ideal endorser for companies seeking to avoid the partisan fray, Calkins said..."

The only brand that did acknowledge the president was Burger King and that was to mock him.

"...When Trump held a similar event in January, Burger King was the only company to reference it on social media - by mocking Trump for misspelling the word hamburger in a tweet.

"[D]ue to a large order placed yesterday, we're all out of hamberders," Burger King tweeted on Jan. 15, a day after Trump honored the Clemson football team with Whoppers and Big Macs, adding that it was "just serving hamburgers today."..." https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...m-13665333.php

Old 03-06-2019, 08:19 AM

17,804 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
They probably had fast food at these events because that is what these kids are used to.
This is absolutely wrong these days. College football teams hire nutrition staffs anymore and the players diets are highly monitored.

https://clemsontigers.com/the-culinary-coach/

https://gobison.com/news/2017/9/12/g...ritionist.aspx (NDSU adds nutritionist)

With a lifelong passion for both athletics and nutrition, McCain described her position with Clemson’s football team as a career that marries her two passions, as it enables her to work closely with the players in molding their dietary customs to meet the high standards required of competing on college football’s biggest stage.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:20 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Further, the brands being endorsed are not trying to cash in on the endorsement.

"..."It used to be that brands would love to get an endorsement from the president," said Tim Calkins, who teaches marketing at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management. "Now, if anything, I think these companies probably squirm a bit."

Trump's own divisive brand makes him a less-than-ideal endorser for companies seeking to avoid the partisan fray, Calkins said..."

The only brand that did acknowledge the president was Burger King and that was to mock him.

"...When Trump held a similar event in January, Burger King was the only company to reference it on social media - by mocking Trump for misspelling the word hamburger in a tweet.

"[D]ue to a large order placed yesterday, we're all out of hamberders," Burger King tweeted on Jan. 15, a day after Trump honored the Clemson football team with Whoppers and Big Macs, adding that it was "just serving hamburgers today."..."
Wow. Didn't the leftist media spin that one into complete horse ****.

Here is what BK actually said.

https://twitter.com/BurgerKing/statu...13382192627717

They were having fun with Trump. i.e. happy to have been a part of it. Notice that it was about the misspelled word.

(top tip for you: "The Hill" hates Trump. Will tell the easily influenced what to think.)

Old 03-06-2019, 08:37 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wow. Didn't the leftist media spin that one into complete horse ****.

Here is what BK actually said.

https://twitter.com/BurgerKing/statu...13382192627717

They were having fun with Trump. i.e. happy to have been a part of it. Notice that it was about the misspelled word.

(top tip for you: "The Hill" hates Trump. Will tell the easily influenced what to think.)
Yeah, Burger King was mocking him and the only corporate entity to acknowledge the presidents endorsement of their product. trump is a toxic, divisive figure that is not good for business. Just mockery.

I am not using the The Hill. My source is the SF Chronicle.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:46 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,498,864 times
BREAKING NEWS: College kids like fast food, in other news not all young people eat trendy overpriced sandwiches from Starbucks or flashy Cafes.

Old 03-06-2019, 11:27 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Wink Poor ol' tRump!

He's in love with Kim, Putin and MBS.

But pro athletes refuse to stop by to have a cold berder with him.

Sad!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies