Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2019, 08:19 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Kindly point out where I disparaged the ladies. I don't and have not. That you do not understand that is yet another indication that you might want to avoid these threads.

That your view appeals to the populus is likely true and mostly bad news. The populus tends to be flighty and of the minute. They seldom think through what they want. That is why we have the Bill of Rights. You cannot trust the system in the pressure of the moment. This is a fine example.
What??? Go back and read your very first post. If implying that young girls are deliberately trying to seduce older men for their own gain isn't disparaging girls, I don't know what is.

Also in a post just above, you say that "But I do believe the whole process is busted. 12 years ago it would have been fine. Now not so."

Are you seriously saying that, say, a known criminal can only be prosecuted for armed robbery once in her/his life? Are you seriously saying that all the evidence seized the other day is 12+ years old? Why on earth do you say that?

I am a big fan of the BoR. I would say that Epstein has had more than a fair shake. Certainly he got more leniency than you or I would get. Apparently, he didn't learn anything from his past experience. Most of us would be saying to ourselves "whew, that was a very close call, I'd better clean up my act".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 08:27 PM

18,102 posts, read 15,676,604 times
Inviting, coercing, suggesting a minor (and as young as 13 in some cases) perform sexual acts is illegal, period. Doesn't matter if the minor liked it, hated it, agreed to it, got paid for it, or not. They are not legally able to consent, that's the law.

However in the case of this particular 13 yr old who filed the suit back in 2016, it wasn't consensual sex and if her allegations are true, she was, in fact, raped.

Old 07-09-2019, 08:27 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The "left" used to really look down on a powerful man having sex with a young subordinate.
I can think of a lot of things the "right" use to look down on, but look where we're at now.

Old 07-09-2019, 08:32 PM

18,102 posts, read 15,676,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I can think of a lot of things the "right" use to look down on, but look where we're at now.
Someone whose north star is their partisan identity will be more than willing and able to handwave away anything that conflicts with their worldview. When you see people say they "don't care" what their dear leader does or did, they are serious. It's akin to a religious fervor.

Old 07-09-2019, 08:40 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
How could Orgy Island be searched for evidence if it is in the British Virgin Islands? Would Brits have to do it alone or in conjunction with the US?

Old 07-09-2019, 08:43 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
How could Orgy Island be searched for evidence if it is in the British Virgin Islands? Would Brits have to do it alone or in conjunction with the US?

The island is in the US Virgin Islands.

Did Q not tell you?

Old 07-09-2019, 08:44 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
It's in the US VI. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little...Virgin_Islands

Old 07-09-2019, 09:00 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Oh, good news. Send the cadaver dogs in!

Old 07-09-2019, 09:02 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Inviting, coercing, suggesting a minor (and as young as 13 in some cases) perform sexual acts is illegal, period. Doesn't matter if the minor liked it, hated it, agreed to it, got paid for it, or not. They are not legally able to consent, that's the law.

However in the case of this particular 13 yr old who filed the suit back in 2016, it wasn't consensual sex and if her allegations are true, she was, in fact, raped.
So if a 12 year old boy comes up...sticks a pistol in your face...and takes your wallet. You would agree that no crime occurred and the kid should walk because he is below the age of consent?

Or do we hold that some kids (particularly dark skin males) Can perform criminally at 12 but others (particularly cute white females) cannot.

The problem is we are confusing the wilful act of the kid with the effect of external pressures on the kid.

I have trouble believing a 12 year old armed robber is somehow more subject to legal restrictions than a 12 year old *****...

Old 07-09-2019, 09:08 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
That is not what recanting means. You can opt to not pursue a case against someone for whatever reason you want, which is what she did.
Right, such as having your life threatened by his heavies. It was said that T. had threatened her earlier on with losing her life and / or that of her family. Great. (Having related to those in the mafia, this is how he rolls).

And ya know, this is only ONE case of it's kind being known of...who knows if there were other incidents like it with minors (besides adults who spoke up), but of course, some would / will never come forward under regular circumstances, let alone to accuse one such as he, so as usual, he would get away with something.

And WE get to be graced with him as president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies