Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2019, 02:52 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Among others...

To your request of my opinion of the manner in which a newspaper should be conducted so as to be most useful, I should answer ‘by restraining it to true facts & sound principles only.’ yet I fear such a paper would find few subscribers. it is a melancholy truth that a suppression of the press could not more completely deprive the nation of it’s benefits, than is done by it’s abandoned prostitution to falsehood. nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. the real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day. I really look with commiseration over the great body of my fellow citizens, who, reading newspapers, live & die in the belief that they have known something of what has been passing in the world in their time: whereas the accounts they have read in newspapers are just as true a history of any other period of the world as of the present, except that the real names of the day are affixed to their fables. general facts may indeed be collected from them, such as that Europe is now at war, that Bonaparte has been a successful warrior, that he has subjected a great portion of Europe to his will &c &c. but no details can be relied on. I will add that the man who never looks into a newspaper is better informed than he who reads them; inasmuch as he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. he who reads nothing will still learn the great facts, and the details are all false.

https://founders.archives.gov/docume.../99-01-02-5737

As for Julie Brown, I'm really not impressed!

She didn't do anything worth mentioning after Shakes the Clown.

She's a has-been!

https://www.juliebrown.com/
Odd that you will not give deserved credit to or would not have wanted that someone standing up for your daughter or niece or sister or whomever if they were sexually abused and then ignored with zero justice. I feel differently about (God forbid) mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 03:04 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,570,522 times
The fact that the new Epstein investigation has been assigned to the public corruption staff: not only are public officials subject to scrutiny so are attornies associated with the earlier case - like Dershowitz.

The currently unnamed persons covered by the earlier agreement must be named in the document, I do not believe they can plead the 5th for the actions covered by the agreement. Attornies out there, am I wrong?

Old 07-11-2019, 03:13 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
The fact that the new Epstein investigation has been assigned to the public corruption staff: not only are public officials subject to scrutiny so are attornies associated with the earlier case - like Dershowitz.

The currently unnamed persons covered by the earlier agreement must be named in the document, I do not believe they can plead the 5th for the actions covered by the agreement. Attornies out there, am I wrong?
Dershowitz has just been trying to cover his own sleazy rear-end. He got a massage from an under-age girl but he kept his underwear on?

Good lord.

Buncha wealthy men trying to cover up sex parties with underage girls. Making sure the main perp gets a VERY light sentence in order to keep their own names out of it.

It's gross and disgusting and nothing new under the sun

Old 07-11-2019, 03:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Acosta lied.

The only way the labor secretary could give Jeffrey Epstein that 2008 plea deal is by ignoring victims.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...d-victims.html

Old 07-11-2019, 03:15 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,182,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
I seems like once you hook on with Trump and his buddies, your reputation and respect is shot.
https://www.amazon.com/Everything-Tr.../dp/1982103124

Old 07-11-2019, 03:18 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,182,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
And still the Demwit media ignores the Clinton connection evidence (like they did with the Russia hoax).

Remember the name Rachel or Ray Chandler = child handler.
Nobody's ignoring the Clinton connection. He constantly mentioned as someone who knew Epstein.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:43 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Dershowitz has just been trying to cover his own sleazy rear-end. He got a massage from an under-age girl but he kept his underwear on?

Good lord.

Buncha wealthy men trying to cover up sex parties with underage girls. Making sure the main perp gets a VERY light sentence in order to keep their own names out of it.

It's gross and disgusting and nothing new under the sun
A question of fact -

Has Dershowitz admitted to a massage by an underage or even young woman? Last I came across he was saying an older female..

Source?

Last edited by lvmensch; 07-11-2019 at 04:08 PM..

Old 07-11-2019, 03:48 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
Nobody's ignoring the Clinton connection. He constantly mentioned as someone who knew Epstein.
Again fact question. Has Clinton been actually placed at the island. Only report I have heard is the one victim who also remembers a number of people who were pretty clearly never there. And I would think that a visit to the US Virgins by Clinton would be pretty obvious. He does not travel quietly. There is no log book entry for such a trip on Epstein's plane.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:57 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
Did they arrest Bill yet?

Old 07-11-2019, 04:02 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Alex Acosta says the former prosecutor is lying.

Who to believe?

Media default is to support the democrat.
The person with the most to lose, should the truth come out, is probably the one who is lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies