Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 03:17 PM

197 posts, read 97,939 times

Advertisements

Every day people who worked hard and saved money. They're not losers with loser mentalities. They don't think that society owes them anything. Pocahantas and AOC, take note.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZAfy0e3oF4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2019, 03:21 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Why would it make me mad? I have a seven figure portfolio too. Still left of center and not the least bit offended by the show. Good for them.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:28 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,536,978 times
It's funny the cons keep telling us, in belittling tones, that the democrats are the party of rich fat cats who live in million dollar houses in "elite coastal cities," and that all those left-leaning tech billionaires are somehow the scum of the earth.

Then along comes threads like this with another con telling us how wonderful rich people are. Odd.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:30 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It's funny the cons keep telling us, in belittling tones, that the democrats are the party of rich fat cats who live in million dollar houses in "elite coastal cities," and that all those left-leaning tech billionaires are somehow the scum of the earth.

Then along comes threads like this with another con telling us how wonderful rich people are. Odd.
True.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:32 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Ramsey does not make me mad. I used to listen, but have mostly given up all talk radio, even sports. Th thing about Ramsey is his advice is good, but sometimes not doable for folks. He says to pay cash for a car, which I have done twice. I was doing good on money the first time and it made perfect sense to pay cash for a car I could afford. 300,000 miles later, I bought a new car, but my situation was different at that point after going to school and then starting a family.

The next time I paid cash for a car was after my medical disaster of 2015/16/17. Money was tight. I wrecked a car I almost had paid off and used the insurance money to buy an old truck as it seemed like a great idea at the time not to have car payments. I knew the truck would need some work and changed out basically everything in the engine until right when I thought I'd be good for a year or so, the engine itself konked out on me.

Paying cash works great for those folks with cash. For the rest of us, we're trapped in a vicious cycle where it is hard (not impossible, but hard) to right the ship. Of course, some folks want to say there are two kinds of folks in the world. Those who take Ramsey's advice on paying cash for everything and then the others who (these folks think) want everything handed to them. Certainly those people exist, but most people are out here trying to survive from week to week on their own.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:35 PM

197 posts, read 97,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Why would it make me mad? I have a seven figure portfolio too. Still left of center and not the least bit offended by the show. Good for them.
Why are you hoarding so much wealth? You should do what AOC says and donate it to teachers and firefighters.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:36 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
I'm not sure what Dave Ramsey has to do with being liberal or conservative.

Anyway, most truly rich people I know would never follow his advice about mutual funds.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:38 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Paying cash works great for those folks with cash. For the rest of us, we're trapped in a vicious cycle where it is hard (not impossible, but hard) to right the ship. Of course, some folks want to say there are two kinds of folks in the world. Those who take Ramsey's advice on paying cash for everything and then the others who (these folks think) want everything handed to them. Certainly those people exist, but most people are out here trying to survive from week to week on their own.
"Conservative" thinking is rooted in the black/white idea of EVERYTHING. Even when it makes complete zero sense, such as this OP.

Everyone knows that most of the "new billionaires" and new economy are liberal in nature, yet these guys have to somehow square their circle by imagining that people like me didn't bust my hump for 40+ years to get somewhere.

The tops of their heads would blow off if they even imagined a "business person" who didn't cheat on their taxes, didn't pay people under the table or who paid their employees more than was needed.

We can just write it off to "they don't understand". They are too busy looking at every story and situation and wondering how it proves what they already "know".

Old 03-10-2019, 03:38 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallbuilder View Post
Why are you hoarding so much wealth? You should do what AOC says and donate it to teachers and firefighters.
Are you suggesting teachers and firefighters don't earn their share of the tax dollars we use to pay them?

Old 03-10-2019, 03:39 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallbuilder View Post
I tithe 10% and also provide financial support to my local PTO to fund school programs, along with volunteering several days a week. I support other causes too. It makes me feel good to do so, and I’m very grateful to have the resources that make it possible. I don’t think AOC would have any issues with the way I conduct my finances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies