Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2019, 07:39 PM

10,868 posts, read 4,399,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Mueller was about Russian interference. With the added benefit of 37 indictments. 7 staff members of Trump caught breaking laws and 1 still going on trial in Sept. Trumps personal attorney going to jail for 3 years and Trump named as an un-indicted co-conspirator.

Really a good job. Now we will get to see why Trump or family not named in indictments. The House will follow through.

When it is all said and done Trump has the most corrupt administration in our History.
The indictments were not Russia collusion, so they were never an indicator of Kushner or Don Jnr's fate.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:39 PM

30,271 posts, read 11,905,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The Mueller Investigation paid for itself.

At a reported cost of $25 million, Mueller probe has paid for itself
Paul Manafort effectively has paid for the Russia investigation.

https://thinkprogress.org/at-a-repor...-76fdcee15c9b/

There is more to come for Trump with investigations coming from the House and the SDNY. People should sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

So you are saying its best to indict wealthy people?

Old 03-23-2019, 07:56 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,156,476 times
Default If Trump is so dumb and so corrupt, why couldn't Mueller indict him on even one charge?

Think about it. Not only has trump been immersed in constant corruption and criminal activity his entire life, he's also an orange orangutan with the intelligence of a 2 year old.

How could an investigator who had two years, millions of dollars, limitless overreach, and the full support of the entire democratic party could not produce even one indictment on the biggest criminal in existence?

Old 03-23-2019, 07:59 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,439,527 times
Because a sitting president cannot be indicted according to Justice dept policy which Mueller pledged to follow.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:59 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,724,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Think about it. Not only has trump been immersed in constant corruption and criminal activity his entire life, he's also an orange orangutan with the intelligence of a 2 year old.

How could an investigator who had two years, millions of dollars, limitless overreach, and the full support of the entire democratic party could not produce even one indictment on the biggest criminal in existence?
...........don't trip on that victory lap!

Old 03-23-2019, 08:00 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,715,194 times
Oh, no one is accusing Trump of not being a good con man and criminal. He always makes sure others take the burden of his follies.....the workman he doesn't pay, the investors he bilks and the many people around him that will see fines, jail and/or indictments and convictions...or just ruined careers.

He's smart like Al Capone and Mexican Cartel leaders. He always puts his soldiers up front to take the bullets.

But....that "talent" shouldn't be worthy of envy nor should any moral or ethical or patriotic American be happy about it. That is more interesting in itself than the Original Post question. The only answer, I'm afraid, is that about 40% of Americans would be fine with being criminals themselves...as long as they sensed the payoff was big enough.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:07 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,579,048 times
Just a side question here, this is supposed to be about if, who, had anything to do with Russia. Correct?

So besides the investigation of collusion with a Russia, could there be anything else in this report that Trump or anyone else could be charged with?

Old 03-23-2019, 08:07 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,118,051 times
I am not worrying about this. Mueller's investigation was limited in scope. He was supposed to look into collaboration with Russia against US interests. He may not have found evidence of that, but he may have found evidence of a lot of other crimes, as he found with other people. That evidence is what Congress will use in their investigations, and their scope can be much broader. In addition, some of the evidence may be used in New York State prosecutions. I would say that Trump is in for many years at risk. One of the reasons that he wants to be re-elected, I imagine, is to put a hold on prosecutions that can't be brought on a sitting president. Once he is no longer president, the hammer may fall. But I'm not really predicting anything. How would I know what is going to happen? I just don't believe that Mueller's not recommending prosecution is a "get out of jail free" card. I think there is a lot more to come.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:12 PM

20,206 posts, read 9,113,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Just a side question here, this is supposed to be about if, who, had anything to do with Russia. Correct?

So besides the investigation of collusion with a Russia, could there be anything else in this report that Trump or anyone else could be charged with?
people are charged by means of an indictment, there are no more indictments coming from the Special Counsel.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:13 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,135,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I am not worrying about this. Mueller's investigation was limited in scope. He was supposed to look into collaboration with Russia against US interests. He may not have found evidence of that, but he may have found evidence of a lot of other crimes, as he found with other people. That evidence is what Congress will use in their investigations, and their scope can be much broader. In addition, some of the evidence may be used in New York State prosecutions. I would say that Trump is in for many years at risk. One of the reasons that he wants to be re-elected, I imagine, is to put a hold on prosecutions that can't be brought on a sitting president. Once he is no longer president, the hammer may fall. But I'm not really predicting anything. How would I know what is going to happen? I just don't believe that Mueller's not recommending prosecution is a "get out of jail free" card. I think there is a lot more to come.
This is exactly wrong. His investigation was open ended, which is why he was able to get Manafort on financial issues.

If you are thinking that Congress, or (stop to laugh heavily here), New York is going to save, you, then a I feel a bit sorry for you. This moment in a critical period in Democrat thought, and a great opportunity to wake up and understand that you have been lied to, and have swallowed the lie whole.

Awaken from your brainwashing. They aren't going to get Trump, or Trump Jr., or Kushner, on anything. Given how your party is radicalizing, and your candidates are in a race to endorse as many wildly unpopular issues as possible, he is probably going to be re-elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies