Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2019, 07:35 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,525,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Half the country is unhappy to find out that the President of the United States isn't a Russian puppet.

Let that sink in.
Exactly. What type of American HOPES the president is guilty of treason, and is disappointed to learn he isn't?

Old 03-24-2019, 07:36 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,286,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Of course, I know the answer. he didn't find evidence to base a charge on. And it's very strange to call someone who is actually reading the law that you're ignoring "dumb".

Mueller was named S.P. by Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein. Mueller reports to him and now AG Barr and gives his investigation and the DOJ decides if laws were broken. There is no evidence of collusion or obstruction......especially if there is no crime of collusion and Trump didn't stop Rosenstein of naming Mueller as an S.P. or Mueller itself.

What FBI Director Comey did on the Hillary case was wrong. He had to make a complete report (which he didn't and give it to the DOJ and they decide not him if Hillary would face charges.

Mueller wasn't going to pull the brain fart that Comey did.

Old 03-24-2019, 07:38 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,091,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Obama's mission had nothing to do with making THIS country great again.
You’re absolutely right. I realized that after he was in office for a couple years. Supported terrorism and anti military.

Old 03-24-2019, 07:38 PM

21,981 posts, read 9,565,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
FBI investigation could have continued without the Special Counsel.

No - the real mess began when Trump fired Comey.

Trump could even have fired Comey a year later. But coming on the heels of asking for special treatment for Flynn, followed by Trump's unprovoked immature and adolescent personal attacks on Comey immediately after the firing, forcing Comey to publicly defend himself through a surrogate, followed by Trump's comments to Lester Holt - all of that triggered the Congressional hearing at which Comey testified which ended with the appointment of a Special Counsel within days.

SC investigation is what we've been enduring for the past two years.

Trump just couldn't keep his BIG MOUTH shut. Acting like a schoolyard bully sure was smart.
Comey leaked classified info to the press.

Old 03-24-2019, 07:39 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,286,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Maybe Comey should have been fired when the Democrats were in charge and were calling for his head.

Comey should have been fired after the Hillary debacle.....but once Trump found out that Comey was in the Russian hoax he had no choice but to fired him........imagine Comey messing up the Russian investigation like he did Hillary. Trump should have fired him when he took the oath and clean that DOJ and FBI.

Old 03-24-2019, 07:41 PM

20,187 posts, read 9,088,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
President Trump should be given 2 extra years as President to make up for the two that the Democrats interfered with his full ability to get even more things done.
not a bad idea, just add it on after Jan 20, 2025.

Old 03-24-2019, 07:41 PM

18,530 posts, read 8,347,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Comey leaked classified info to the press.
..and lied under oath and refused to hand over his paper work..and was giving interviews to the press trashing the president

Old 03-24-2019, 07:42 PM

12,969 posts, read 13,706,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You're admitting defeat?
I was right. Trump is too dumb to know the Russians were playing him.

Old 03-24-2019, 07:43 PM

21,981 posts, read 9,565,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
You’re absolutely right. I realized that after he was in office for a couple years. Supported terrorism and anti military.
I admit it. I bought all his hope and change BS. I couldn't figure out what the he$$ he was doing...or not doing. I kept waiting for him to have a jobs program. Never did. Kept waiting for a lot of stuff. My 12 year old could have done a better job.

Old 03-24-2019, 07:46 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,534,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
FBI investigation could have continued without the Special Counsel.

No - the real mess began when Trump fired Comey.

Trump could even have fired Comey a few months later. The method of discharge was appalling enough (Comey heard it on the news), but coming on the heels of asking for special treatment for Flynn, followed by Trump's unprovoked immature and adolescent personal attacks on Comey immediately after the firing, forcing Comey to publicly defend himself through a surrogate, followed by Trump's comments to Lester Holt - all of that triggered the Congressional hearing at which Comey testified - which resulted in the appointment of a Special Counsel within days.

SC investigation is what we've been enduring for the past two years.

Trump just couldn't keep his BIG MOUTH shut. Acting like a schoolyard bully sure was smart.
Comey truly was crooked and had no business running the FBI. I would have fired him my first day in office if I were president. But Trump handled the situation absurdly poorly. Trump doesn't come out of this mess looking good even if he was not guilty of criminal activity regarding Russia. My feeling is he's completely incompetent for the office he holds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies