Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2019, 09:25 AM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
The president was interviewed on Breitbart this week and talked about how tough are his supporters.

The full quote:

“"I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad," Trump said.”

This is the president of the United States threatening people who don’t support him.
Of course he’s inspiring people like this shooter and his co-conspirators.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ilitary-police

49 people dead.
Because his “average” feelings were hurt.

Unbelievable.
You are exactly right, TigerLily. It is stunning, the hatred that spews from a man who is supposed to be the leader of all of his people here in the US. But no, he continues to foment violence against those who don't agree with his thuggish ways. What's really disturbing is the number of posters here on CD who can't or won't see it or admit to it. Fortunately, from what I have read on this thread they are in the minority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 09:26 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Interesting....

And dont white supremacists/white nationalists overwhelmingly support Donald Trump?

https://twitter.com/MichaelSkolnik/s...34709302042624
you left out the rest of the twitter discussion where the Muslim attacks on the world list dwarfs your white extremist list.

interesting.......

Old 03-15-2019, 09:27 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Interesting .... the Atlantic thinks Anti-Semites are Trump supporting White Supremacy Killers.
Not all Trump supporters are white supremacists, but pretty much all white supremacists are Trump supporters.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:29 AM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The left will somehow blame Trump for this.
What a world we have here.
The left won't have to do a thing. This terrorist and his manifesto has done all that for us. Read what he said and what he stands for.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:30 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
The big question - is he an incel. Not even kidding.

His life sounds like that of a lazy entitled millennial and he's a sicko, loser and hypocrite. What are the chances he could relate to women in any meaningful way, yet the basis of his whining is that not enough European people are having children. Where's his wife and kids? Oh, but he worked as a "personal trainer" and travelled the world. How does that lifestyle help to populate his white race, it just sounds individualistic and indulgent.

Frustrated, confused, lonely, aimless young men are prone to radicalization, regardless of where they come from.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:31 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
When does anyone, realistically, feel safe? What is this concept of feeling safe, anyhow?

"Live your life like you will live forever but be ready to die tomorrow.".

Quite frankly, this thing of feeling safe I take as a misinformed concept that tells people to ignore their instincts.

Supremacy is being of a majority group and telling people immediately after they were targeted due to their identity that no one is safe in order to minimize their reality.

Ridiculous, tone deaf, and classless.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:34 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
When does anyone, realistically, feel safe? What is this concept of feeling safe, anyhow?

"Live your life like you will live forever but be ready to die tomorrow.".

Quite frankly, this thing of feeling safe I take as a misinformed concept that tells people to ignore their instincts.
Exactly my point above. No one is completely safe anywhere.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:34 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Investigators continue to dig through the madman's manifesto...

The shooter said he specifically chose New Zeland for his attack to show the world that no Muslims are safe anywhere in the world.

Holy crap.

White Supremacists are the biggest threat to western society.
Our Muslim friends and neighbors are understandably scared here. We assured them that we stand by them and all other Muslims here and around the world! Words cannot express our outrage grief and sorrow , for all those innocent lives taken by sick hateful things!
In regards to your blanket last sentence of your post, well,
I'm sure the folks in Madrid, Nice, London, Manchester, Paris, Brussels, Ataturk airport etc, might feel that the radicals of ALL religions in general pose the biggest threats.
I get no one wants to admit that ALL faiths, ethnicities etc have a tiny percentage of dangerous radicals,
but cmon, let's address the root causes of hate and religious radicals!
The human race depends on it!

Old 03-15-2019, 09:43 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
49 people have died now.
That sounds much more accurate than early reports of 9. He went back and made sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I’m not stirring up anything. I get that. But this denying that the US has global influence culturally is just ridiculous. Of course it does. If this was a good and benevolent act that referenced America instead of a heinous one you guys would all be tooting your horns about the great USA and its global good.

Still not saying it’s anyones fault but his.
I don't know that we agree all that often, but I understand what you're saying. The U.S. does indeed have an influence on people. And, as you said, that doesn't mean that what he did is the fault of the U.S.

You can influence someone, but it doesn't mean that the fault of their actions lies at your feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Poster may be confusing NZ with Australia which has very strict gun laws and for some reason, very little gun violence.

I will not watch the video or read any of this murderer's online ramblings. I don't know why anyone would. These poor people were just there to worship.
Because it's better to hear what they say, even if they are ramblings from someone like this, than live in the dark. How do you learn anything if you don't? Do not misconstrue that last statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I read most of his Manifesto, the scariest part is it reads like many of the posters here, talking about various things having to do with white birth rates and invaders into America. It's almost comical how much it fits into the alt-right box checklist.
The scariest part was that he said a whole lot of things in that manifesto that I've seen from some who talk about birth rate and invaders AND a whole lot of things that people on the left have said. Neither side gets to say, "he represents (whatever side)", because a lot of what he said I've seen on this from from extremist left, normal left, normal right, to extreme right. He covered it all - and I would say not to fall into traps - he absolutely wants people to fight about what he said, what he did, and start blaming each other.

Keep in mind, he did some serious trolling in that manifesto. Some parts I think are going to be more difficult to decipher if he meant it, or if he said whatever to stir the pot. It's very clear that his intention was to kill and stir the pot.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:46 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
What’s also interesting is that there were so many mosques in “Christchurch.”
Many refugees in those mosques that migrated to escape violence, sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies