Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 09:27 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times

Advertisements

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-...06?pfmredir=sm

Still unfolding, but early reports appear that the gunman is anti Islam and anti immigration, possibly Australian.

9 dead, 50 injured, one in custody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2019, 09:32 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,330,347 times
Mosque shooting: Christchurch gunman livestreamed shooting

In a 74-page manifesto published online he outlined who he was and why he carried out the massacre at the Christchurch mosque. He said there was an anti-Islamic motivation to the attack but it was anti-immigration, anti-ethnic replacement and anti-cultural replacement in origin.

He says he was born to a working class low income family who was of Scottish, Irish and English "stock". "I had a regular childhood, without any great issues. I had little interest in education during my schooling, barely achieving a passing grade. I did not attend university as I had no great interest in anything offered in the universities to study," he wrote.

"I am just a regular white man, from a regular family. Who decided to take a stand to ensure a future for my people."

The man said he had no remorse over the attack and only wished he could have killed more people. He said he had no hate towards muslims living in their homelands but disliked those who "invaded" other countries and hated those who converted to Islam.

He said he planned to survive the attack but was aware death was a "definite possibility".

Old 03-14-2019, 09:39 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

Still unfolding, but early reports appear that the gunman is anti Islam and anti immigration, possibly Australian.

White supremacist attack.....

4:00pm: Latest update from police: There have been multiple fatalities, there is still an active shooter scenario playing out.
One person is in custody and there have been people killed in two mosques, one on Deans Ave and one in Linwood.
3:53pm: Security Analyst Paul Buchanan says he has seen the gunman's manifesto and the shooting is "clearly a case of a white supremacist".
He says the shooter would likely have had support in carrying out the attack.
3:49pm: There are unconfirmed reports at least nine people have been killed in the attack.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:44 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Don't get it twisted, people.

Doesn't matter if it's Christchurch or Texas, the motive is still exactly the same.

Narcissists wanting their 15 minutes of infamy by committing the most horrible acts possible, and then reveling in the horror and world wide attention they get.

The outer motives may appear to be different, but the inner motives of these mass killers are all exactly the same. Not surprising at all there was a manifesto.

Next up: social media posts uncovered of shooter posing with guns and preaching hate towards muslims, jews, and anyone and everyone else.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:47 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Don't get it twisted, people.

Doesn't matter if it's Christchurch or Texas, the motive is still exactly the same.

Narcissists wanting their 15 minutes of infamy by committing the most horrible acts possible, and then reveling in the horror and world wide attention they get.

The outer motives may appear to be different, but the inner motives of these mass killers are all exactly the same. Not surprising at all there was a manifesto.

Next up: social media posts uncovered of shooter posing with guns and preaching hate towards muslims, jews, and anyone and everyone else.
He live streamed it to FB. Don’t even need his prior posts, he wrote all over his weapons and showed them during the stream.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:48 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Mosque shooting: Christchurch gunman livestreamed shooting

In a 74-page manifesto published online he outlined who he was and why he carried out the massacre at the Christchurch mosque. He said there was an anti-Islamic motivation to the attack but it was anti-immigration, anti-ethnic replacement and anti-cultural replacement in origin.

He says he was born to a working class low income family who was of Scottish, Irish and English "stock". "I had a regular childhood, without any great issues. I had little interest in education during my schooling, barely achieving a passing grade. I did not attend university as I had no great interest in anything offered in the universities to study," he wrote.

"I am just a regular white man, from a regular family. Who decided to take a stand to ensure a future for my people."

The man said he had no remorse over the attack and only wished he could have killed more people. He said he had no hate towards muslims living in their homelands but disliked those who "invaded" other countries and hated those who converted to Islam.

He said he planned to survive the attack but was aware death was a "definite possibility".
Gee, where have we heard/read all that before?

Old 03-14-2019, 09:51 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
His manifesto is out there, and here's part of it:

https://twitter.com/nickmon1112/stat...93818780389377

Old 03-14-2019, 09:52 PM

More:

https://twitter.com/CatlinNyaa/statu...96021146427392

Old 03-14-2019, 09:54 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

Too bad their strict gun laws kept anyone (the victims) from killing the idiot(s) straight up.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:55 PM

https://twitter.com/BRChronicler/sta...94517329113088

Suggest you all read the manifesto before falling into this trap.

The guy is a nut case, and he's trying to stir up problems (like we don't have enough without aholes like this), in the U.S. So he uses gun violence and kills people to start it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies