Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 10:57 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Someone with real problems as is usually the case and nothing they say can justify anything but this is going to get really ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2019, 11:11 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I think he believes that the “winner” of this civil war will be the extreme right wing, and after the states are balkanised there will exist a superior white state. I think he hopes for more than just discussion on the topic. Delusional yes but then he just killed a bunch of people in cold blood so....

Edited to add - I see you addressed my point. I agree with you. I also of course don’t think there’s anywhere near enough White Supremasists in the US to actually have enough to enact such a delusional outcome.
What's confusing is that there is some very obvious trolling going on in his manifesto. He says that the "internet is the only place to get the truth", he talks about Candace Owens as if she was extremely radical, he uses a really, really old "hey internet tough guy" paragraph, that I'm sure many have seen over the years, that is the biggest sure sign of trolling - I mean, the only thing bigger than that would be a Rick Roll.

In the video, he says "subscribe to PewDiePie" knowing that's going to get the media on fire - and at least one on Twitter fell for that bait. I'm not going to link the fool who fell for it because I don't want him to have any traffic for being stupid.

There are a few other things said in there, (I'm just over halfway done with it), that it's clear he is definitely doing some trolling - what I'm trying to figure out is why is he doing that? To try to create more divide? I mean, a white supremacist who just shot up a bunch of innocents calling Candace Owens "too radical" for himself - there can't be any other reason.

It's clear that he doesn't like anyone who is not white in western countries - the rest of it is to get people fighting each other. And like Reads2Much said, and you just said, he thinks that white supremacists are more in number than they actually are - at least in this country. He may be trolling there, as well. The MSM sure likes to act like white supremacists are in bigger numbers in this country than they are, and it's possible that he's playing on that.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:18 PM

388 posts, read 200,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Apparently, these people have been getting their news from the wrong places and were convinced America is actually filled with extreme right wing "white supremacists" just waiting for the right event to push them into action.
thats the problem with the media over-utilising the spectre of white supremacy to criticise trump.

it is the opposite of the policy thatcher had (which i have very mixed feelings about) to give no media time to terrorists, because it helped them look stronger and recruit more people.

cnn, nbc, and every hysterical leftist idiot that posts here (though mostly media outlets) are presenting the world with the false impression that the 4th reich is forming in the usa.

its bunk, its hysterical, its not-even-wrong (as even mistakes have higher standards than batsh**.) and while most of the world isnt stupid enough to go "oh, well then! we better send in the troops to relieve our allies of this nazi scourge!" it does give idiots with no education and access to guns a reason to go make a big mess. what do i propose the media do instead? REPORT the NEWS. not flood the earth with bull****. of course, thats too much to ask-- their bs gets ratings and makes money-- from idiots. it rarely kills anyone. we can pretend its a public service, even if its the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What's confusing is that there is some very obvious trolling going on in his manifesto.
indeed, it reads more like a psyop, but i suppose it could simply be a stupid, unhinged individual.

perhaps its just "the russians" trying to prove we need a centrally controlled internet like the one theyre working on over there. "you see? you are needink to fix internet to stop people murderink for youtuber!"

by the way, today (march 15) is the day that thomas ball self-immolated a few years ago in new hampshire. he also left a manifesto against vawa with the newspapers, saying that it is a driving factor in homelessness.

vawa was written by the same person who wrote the patriot act, who i still think is going to be president in the next 1 to 5 years-- but id be thrilled to be wrong.

Last edited by dynamicjson; 03-14-2019 at 11:27 PM..

Old 03-14-2019, 11:45 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Welp. I just watched the video. There has to be more than 9 dead. That was a fricken massacre. Does NZ have the death penalty? This is the perfect candidate.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:53 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
There are users on this site that are not American. American politics have a huge effect on the rest of the world. This shooter seems to be inspired by American mass shooters. He had their names written all over his guns.

America itself has a huge influence on the rest of the world. So it’s completely relevant to America. Especially as he admits he’s trying to stir up trouble in the US.

Your country and your problems have a lot to do with many things that happen globally.
"It's Americas fault?" lol Not in this case. That's just a silly way to deflect from personal responsibility. A sick person did this and nothing that happened in America influenced the shooting. This demented person was a time bomb waiting to go off.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:55 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Ah. You’re either the most powerful nation on earth whose President is The Leader Of The Free World or you aren’t.

Pick one.
Either you believe in personal responsibility like an adult would or you don't, like a child would. Pick one.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:10 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Welp. I just watched the video. There has to be more than 9 dead. That was a fricken massacre. Does NZ have the death penalty? This is the perfect candidate.
The video is absolutely insane. If someone hasn’t watched it, don’t! It’s very disturbing.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:31 AM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
"It's Americas fault?" lol Not in this case. That's just a silly way to deflect from personal responsibility. A sick person did this and nothing that happened in America influenced the shooting. This demented person was a time bomb waiting to go off.
I didn’t say that. At all. But you can’t be the self proclaimed leaders of the free world one minute and then defend you have little influence the next. And off course stuff that happens in America influenced the shooting. His manifesto makes that clear. Doesn’t mean America is responsible for the shootings. Those are two different concepts.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:36 AM

510 posts, read 610,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Too bad their strict gun laws kept anyone (the victims) from killing the idiot(s) straight up.

New Zealand doesn't have particularly strict gun laws. Pretty much anyone over 16 who isn't a felon or mentally ill can purchase a gun, and although you do have to apply for a license, you don't need to register your guns and many types of guns are available for purchase. There are an estimated 1.5 million guns in the country, and only about 5 million people, which puts it in about the top 8% of all countries in the world for gun ownership.

Last edited by strad; 03-15-2019 at 02:58 AM..

Old 03-15-2019, 02:40 AM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Either you believe in personal responsibility like an adult would or you don't, like a child would. Pick one.
Dude, the shooter referenced America and America’s left/right war. That’s just a fact. Therefore, America had some influence in this. That doesn’t mean it’s America’s fault. However, if you take your place at the head of the world table, you have to accept that you have effect on those seated with you, both good and bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies