Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2019, 06:19 AM

57,408 posts, read 26,339,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't see any lack of discussion about this NZ massacre. Even with the videos taken off the web. We don't have to see the awfulness of it to be able to discuss it. There is plenty of information out there about the details of the shooting.

What Emmett Till's mother did was her own personal choice and I respect her choice. She didn't post it on the internet though. As others have asked, do you think it's okay to show child abuse or child rape on the internet? Then why arrest pedophiles who have these horrific videos on their computers? Is it a crime or just censorship? I don't think not wanting the gory details out there for everybody to see is in any way burying your head in the sand.
The murders of the two newscasters (Allison Parker and Adam Ward) in Roanoke 4 years ago on live TV is still floating around, her father has been attempting to get it removed but has been unsuccessful. I guess some see that as important, I see it as sick and distasteful. I respect Till's mother's decision, she wanted to portray the complete horror and acceptance since there were people that denied that lynchings were occurring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2019, 06:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times
There was a shooting in Holland as well.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/18/europ...ntl/index.html

(CNN)Multiple people have been injured after a shooting incident inside a tram in the Dutch town of Utrecht, authorities have confirmed.

Dutch authorities are considering "a possible terrorist motive" for the shooting, which happened in 24 October Square at 10:45 a.m. (5:45 a.m ET) on Monday, Utrecht police said on Twitter.
"We cannot rule out terrorist motive," Holland's National Coordinator for Security and Counterterrorism, PJ Aalbersberg, tweeted. "Crisis team is activated."

Old 03-18-2019, 06:31 AM

29,606 posts, read 14,742,545 times
Quote:
I don't think any of this has to do with naivete. I don't have to see an atrocity to believe they can happen. I think most of us know that evil has no bounds, but we don't have to watch the proof of it. I'm really glad this video has been removed.

Do you feel the same about all the 9/11 videos ? Should they be censored as well ? Just curious.

Old 03-18-2019, 06:53 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,651,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
That is actually a different scenario. The school surveillance system was not an active participant in the murders.

Tarrant’s livestream is part of the atrocity being commited. He wanted people to see it. Watching it is somewhat like being an accessory.
The 2 boys responsible for Columbine also wanted their shooting to be seen, some of the videos they found of them after, they talked about media coverage, and how many people would see what they did.

Old 03-18-2019, 06:56 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,651,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The murders of the two newscasters (Allison Parker and Adam Ward) in Roanoke 4 years ago on live TV is still floating around, her father has been attempting to get it removed but has been unsuccessful. I guess some see that as important, I see it as sick and distasteful. I respect Till's mother's decision, she wanted to portray the complete horror and acceptance since there were people that denied that lynchings were occurring.
Its not about some twisted desire to watch footage of a shooting or death.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:12 AM

50,481 posts, read 47,229,720 times
Quote:
When it's a massacre like this was, yes, that would be criteria enough in my view. There's no good reason to have something like this out there.
So people should go to prison for sharing the 911 plane crashes. That's pretty twisted.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:15 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,308,825 times
There are people who want to see a video like this for morbid reasons and then there are many more that would like to know that the narrative is factual.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:15 AM

50,481 posts, read 47,229,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I don't disagree with you here, however, I will point out that the obsession by leftists to restrict gun rights whenever these tragedies occur also serves to satisfy these terrorists' attention needs.
Just look at the threads where someone legally harvested an animal while hunting and see how the left objects to posting pics and stories of it.

Are we going to burn all WW II videos showing executions and death scenes? Vietnam, Iraq?

Old 03-18-2019, 07:22 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,707,608 times
The terrorists and deranged leftists have won in New Zealand.

New Zealand Jails Teen for Sharing Mosque Shooting Video Online — Faces 14 Years in Prison

Old 03-18-2019, 07:24 AM

57,408 posts, read 26,339,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its not about some twisted desire to watch footage of a shooting or death.
What exactly does viewing that video accomplish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies