Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2019, 04:20 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,767,504 times

Advertisements

Don’t you just love these liberals constantly complaining that Trumps Wall is too expensive...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/eli...lion-town-hall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 04:32 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,697,006 times
Don't worry, the left wingers don't like her too much either. No threat.

She wants all sorts of pie in the sky dreams but yet she ignores down to earth needs.

Massachusetts has disgusting housing for the deserving elderly, for instance, and you never hear her talk about that. Never hear her talk about the workers or the middle class. It's all for illegals.

And reparations for things that happened in the past? Things happen. They were wrong but we've all been wronged in one way or another. Why encourage people to feel like victims when you should be encouraging them to get out and make a way for themselves in the world?

I could go back and ask for reparations for things that were done to my ancestors--ask for a handout. But that's stupid. What happened is in the past and it's up to me to move forward. Turning people into victims further divides us too.

And Trump's wall. We need much more than a wall. Many other ways of stopping illegals--visa overstays, more border guards, electronics and drones. But Warren caters to illegals not Americans. So don't worry, most of the Dems don't like her either. Not a threat.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:01 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,767,504 times
Quote:
So don't worry, most of the Dems don't like her either. Not a threat.
Curious if that’s true why does she keep getting re-elected.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:04 AM

1,199 posts, read 639,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Curious if that’s true why does she keep getting re-elected.
Because the alternative is always someone like Geoff Diehl.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:03 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

She wants all sorts of pie in the sky dreams but yet she ignores down to earth needs.

Massachusetts has disgusting housing for the deserving elderly, for instance, and you never hear her talk about that. Never hear her talk about the workers or the middle class. It's all for illegals.

And reparations for things that happened in the past? Things happen. They were wrong but we've all been wronged in one way or another. Why encourage people to feel like victims when you should be encouraging them to get out and make a way for themselves in the world?

I could go back and ask for reparations for things that were done to my ancestors--ask for a handout. But that's stupid. What happened is in the past and it's up to me to move forward. Turning people into victims further divides us too.

And Trump's wall. We need much more than a wall. Many other ways of stopping illegals--visa overstays, more border guards, electronics and drones. But Warren caters to illegals not Americans. So don't worry, most of the Dems don't like her either. Not a threat.
We both generally agree, but you are incorrect on the bolded points. I've known about Warren for almost 20 years now, and she's always been a champion of the middle class/working class and has always been for policing Wall Street

Old 03-20-2019, 06:07 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
"During her town hall, Warren also voiced support for reparations and said she would back the creation of a panel “to examine slavery and discrimination in the colonies and the United States from 1619 to the present and recommend appropriate remedies.”

Psst talk to Great Britain for 1619 to 1776. Good luck.

Dems are already winning. For Trump.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:12 AM

831 posts, read 1,965,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

I walk fairly middle of the road (by topic) and this "reparations" business shot me out of bed like a rocket when I heard it replayed on the news yesterday morning. Surely there are larger grassroots issues looming (such as what you mentioned, senior housing or something that bothers me - mental health care) than digging up more issues to create yet another handout community.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:17 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
This Pocahontas barking moonbat won’t get out of the primary.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:19 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
This Pocahontas barking moonbat won’t get out of the primary.
Scott Brown thought the same way......

Old 03-20-2019, 07:21 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Warren is way down in the polls relative to the top 4 or 5 democrat contenders. she is throwing out her policies every few days hoping to get some press and it hasn't worked. Beto, Bernie, kamala, non-candidate (so far) biden, and a couple of others are ahead of her in the polls. Early polling to be sure, but warren hasn't raised much groundswell of support for her candidacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies