Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 12:34 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,819,075 times

Advertisements

Normalizing yet more despicable behavior by attacking a dead war hero? Is it any different than when he attacked a gold star family? It's all part of Trump trying to normalize lies, corruption, and behavior unbecoming of someone holding the highest office in our great country.

Trump needs a constant enemy to redirect attention away from more damning press coverage. If he has to be despicable to do it? So be it. This is nothing new. He's the look over there president.

I will never understand this hate fueled mentality, and if the mid terms are any indication? We the people will speak again in 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 12:34 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,116,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
McCain was a Republican. Yes. The Republican Party initiated the Steele Dossier. Then passed it on to Hilary when they were still stuck with Trump as the nominee. EVERYONE knew about the Russian involvement in placing Trump as POTUS. The silence of the Republican Party now is representative of their do anything" to remain in power because they ARE the minority Party in the Country. They are unliked.

They now have support from the evil leaders of the world. THAT is where the power comes from. NOT the Party it self.

Stuck? He won the primary fair and square. Unlike the Dem
Primary where it looked like cheating was involved

Old 03-20-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Normalizing yet more despicable behavior by attacking a dead war hero? Is it any different than when he attacked a gold star family? It's all part of Trump trying to normalize lies, corruption, and behavior unbecoming of someone holding the highest office in our great country.

Trump needs a constant enemy to redirect attention away from more damning press coverage. If he has to be despicable to do it? So be it. This is nothing new. He's the look over there president.

I will never understand this hate fueled mentality, and if the mid terms are any indication? We the people will speak again in 2020.
M

Are you forgetting those people attacked him first?

Old 03-20-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post

The midterms that were better than Obama and Bill’s? Ok

Old 03-20-2019, 12:41 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,296,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Again. Trump got the majority of the military vote in 2016 by and large

They didn’t care about him attacking McCain. Mainly because thy realize that despite his service And there are plenty things to hate about McCain
He has now attacked McCain regularly and many more times. And what is the logic here? Because they voted for him once, they will again? Why? Will everything be the same? Will he lose the popular vote again? We're way past 2016--way past.

I also fail to see how vets being upset that the current POTUS is spitting on the grave of one of their own is indicative of them voting for him in the future. How is that logical? Maybe in 2020 they will vote for the person who shows respect for the military and their service rather than just mouthing a lot of empty words. Or one who has actually served and did not lie about a medical condition.

The military is not a monolith and those in the military are not stupid. The draft-dodging liar in the WH is bashing a man who was a POW, who was tortured, who served this country his entire life.

There are plenty of things to hate about a lot of people, including Donald Trump. But spitting on someone's grave not once, but over and over and over might make a difference in the opinions of many. He may not be so popular with the military next time around. They know him now.

Old 03-20-2019, 12:47 PM

17,843 posts, read 13,758,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
It is humorous to see leftists come to McCain's defense today when they trashed him and called him every name under the sun in 2008.
It's equally funny to see "rightists" who voted for him in 2008 trash him and call him every name under the sun in 2019.

Of course you all trash your 2012 nominee as well............

And in about 2 0 years none of the "rightists" except for the real conspiracy nuts will admit that they ever had anything to do with Trump.

It's going to be like Nixon all over again.

Old 03-20-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
M

Are you forgetting those people attacked him first?
By asking him if he knows what is in the Constitution? I guess Trump could take that as an attack--like a gotcha question.

Are you forgetting that Trump attacked the Khans first? They're Muslims.

Old 03-20-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It's equally funny to see "rightists" who voted for him in 2008 trash him and call him every name under the sun in 2019.

Of course you all trash your 2012 nominee as well............

And in about 2 0 years none of the "rightists" except for the real conspiracy nuts will admit that they ever had anything to do with Trump.

It's going to be like Nixon all over again.
Actually, it is not. The reason being that everything everyone has posted and/or said lives on in the eternity that is the internet.

Just as every insult Trump threw at Obama is now biting him in the butt as he does all the things he nastily criticized and opposed in the past, nobody will be able to say--I didn't support the crook.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
By asking him if he knows what is in the Constitution? I guess Trump could take that as an attack--like a gotcha question.

Are you forgetting that Trump attacked the Khans first? They're Muslims.

Nope. Khan appeared at the DNc and attacked the Trump. Trump responded, then the left was I. Glee because they thought that finished off Trump

Old 03-20-2019, 01:37 PM

13,651 posts, read 4,966,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
It is humorous to see leftists come to McCain's defense today when they trashed him and called him every name under the sun in 2008.

I've long said that McCain deserves our respect for his bravery in war. But, let's be clear: there is nothing honorable about spreading a false dossier and nothing noble about hanging onto his Senate seat while he was dying from cancer in Arizona, when he knew he was never going to return to Congress; this left the state without representation from one of two US Senators. Unfortunately, like far too many, McCain became a part of the swamp and his actions toward the end of his tenure were not done on behalf of the people, but for selfish reasons.

That said, I wish President Trump would stop with the attacks. And I'm a Trump supporter.
I don't recall Dems calling him every name in the book in 2008. McCain was always seen as a "maverick" who was willing to buck his own party and work with the other side when it was in the country's interest. He may well have won in 2008, if it wasn't for 1) the overwhelming sentiment for change, including the first black President, and 2) his abysmal choice of Palin as running mate.

I respect his military service, and also for doing his duty and turning the dossier over to the FBI. I don't know why you call it a "false" dossier, since much of it has been shown to be true. Even if it turns out to be all false, that was not for John McCain to decide, but let the FBI see it and determine whether to start an investigation. I also respect him for voting no, even on his deathbed, for repealing Obamacare when Republicans had no plan for a replacement. Even though he himself long opposed Obamacare, he realized that repealing without a viable alternative could be disastrous, and was willing to go against party to say so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies