Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 10:30 AM

1,074 posts, read 950,397 times

Advertisements

Republicans had 10 years to show Americans what their health care alternative is to Obamacare and Democratic healthcare proposals.

Despite the unpopularity of Obamacare from 2010 to 2017, originally, Obamacare became a favored healthcare entitlement program like Social Security, Medicare, and other liberal government programs.

What is the GOP healthcare plan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 10:49 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,234,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Republicans had 10 years to show Americans what their health care alternative is to Obamacare and Democratic healthcare proposals.

Despite the unpopularity of Obamacare from 2010 to 2017, originally, Obamacare became a favored healthcare entitlement program like Social Security, Medicare, and other liberal government programs.

What is the GOP healthcare plan?
Don't get sick.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:52 AM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times
Why worry about it? The vote to repeal Obamacare failed.

So everyone relax and enjoy the ACA.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:56 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Why worry about it? The vote to repeal Obamacare failed.

So everyone relax and enjoy the ACA.
It will be allowed to limp along, with the GOP continually weakening it and trying to destroy it, until 2020, when the Democrats will pass Medicare For All. We just have to hang on to what's left of the ACA until then.

I will be forever grateful for Senator McCain allowing me to keep my health insurance. His last vote was for the good of all Americans. Kudos to him for that.

The GOP has absolutely nothing to offer when it comes to this issue. That has been clear for decades now. The only thing they can do is oppose, oppose, oppose. Time for them to go.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:57 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,222,310 times
I think the Republican health care plan was something closely resembling the ACA. You know, like Romneycare. Then when Obama passed Obamacare, they naturally had to be vehemently opposed to it, making it obvious that they had no reasonable alternative to offer.

Old 03-21-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
It will be allowed to limp along, with the GOP continually weakening it and trying to destroy it, until 2020, when the Democrats will pass Medicare For All. We just have to hang on to what's left of the ACA until then.

I will be forever grateful for Senator McCain allowing me to keep my health insurance. His last vote was for the good of all Americans. Kudos to him for that.

The GOP has absolutely nothing to offer when it comes to this issue. That has been clear for decades now. The only thing they can do is oppose, oppose, oppose. Time for them to go.
I know of no legislation passed by Republicans that destroyed it. It's still hanging around. If it's limping along what are Democrats doing about it, besides whining?

McCain's vote did me no favors whatsoever.

Old 03-21-2019, 11:07 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,043,981 times
Quote:

The GOP has plenty to offer to people who don't want to sit back and let the government do everything for them. If you live your life based on what a politician or political party offers you you're leading a pathetic life.

Old 03-21-2019, 11:08 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The GOP has plenty to offer to people who don't want to sit back and let the government do everything for them. If you live your life based on what a politician or political party offers you you're leading a pathetic life.
What exactly has the GOP offered by way of healthcare? Aside from trying to take it away from millions of people?

Old 03-21-2019, 11:09 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Don't get sick.
The corollary to which is - if you DO get sick, you deserve to lose everything you own and live out of a shopping cart.

Old 03-21-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
What exactly has the GOP offered by way of healthcare? Aside from trying to take it away from millions of people?
I purchased private healthcare for my family starting in 2000.

I actually didn't need the GOP to do it for me.

BO took it away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies