Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 09:06 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times

Advertisements

I have said this before. I would like to vote Democratic...……..but they have not run anyone yet who is worth voting for...…..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2019, 09:14 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I have said this before. I would like to vote Democratic...……..but they have not run anyone yet who is worth voting for...…..
I think if classical liberalism returned -- think Alan Dershowitz -- the democratic party would have much more success, and probably even pull a number of republicans over.

It is the excessive SJW/PC politics that has ruined the democratic party.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:18 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The Republicans didn't conspire to frame a sitting President. The only thing we can do is take down the evil cabal that now runs the Democrat party and the media.
The current one just told us that the last one wasn’t a citizen and sent Joe Arpaio on a scavenger hunt

Old 03-25-2019, 09:32 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Tulsi Gabbard!!
She's too soft on foreign policy, and too far left on healthcare and education. I wouldn't consider her a centrist.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:33 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Figure out Repubs and Dems can be DEPENDENT on the INDEPENDENTS.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:49 AM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
I'm likely to consider a third party once again. Both parties seem to have mostly bad candidates.

Old 03-26-2019, 05:30 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The Republicans didn't conspire to frame a sitting President. The only thing we can do is take down the evil cabal that now runs the Democrat party and the media.
A Republican President appointed a Republican DOJ, who appointed a Republican investigator...with a Republican controlled house and senate.

If the Republicans are being manipulated by the Democrats with all those things aligned --- they don't deserve to be in office.

Old 03-26-2019, 05:42 AM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Democrats will be paying at the ballot box for decades after the Hillary Clinton and the "Affordable" Health care Act.

Old 03-26-2019, 05:51 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Vote based on the issues that are important to you.

What issue is the most important to you?

Is it health care?
Is it immigration?
Is it the economy?
Do you like the foreign policy of this administration?

For me -- even with 'bad' candidates -- it's easy to make a decision based on what policies or mandate I prioritize.

'Liking someone' should be one of the least important factors.

I didn't like Trump or Clinton but I know issues that are important to me.

Old 03-26-2019, 05:56 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
The Dems are delusional about Trump (and with Bush before him).

The Rubs are wussies and have no backbone (Even before Obama).

What can we indepentents do? How can we have a say in things?
We are the ones who decide who wins National elections and many State ones too. The hard core Dems and Repubs will each vote their party no matter who the candidate is but neither have enough votes to win on their own. Whichever one gets the Moderates wins.

As a Moderate who voted Carter, Reagan, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Obama. Romney, Trump my track record of going with the winner is pretty good and as for my one miss, I wasn't all that excited about Romney; I just disliked Obama more.

Now looking ahead to 2020, while I like some of Trump's policies, the man is an embarrassment to the office, but at this point I will be voting for him unless the Dems come through with a Moderate. I used to like Harris a bit but her behavior during the Kavanaugh hearings was abominable, as was her likening I.C.E. to the KKK. Her more recent embrace of far left positions have removed any possibility of my voting for her. Most of the current crop of candidates getting all the attention are way too far left to be considered. Klobuchar, Biden, and Schultz if he runs as a Dem are the only ones who might be acceptable as Moderates but it isn't likely the Dems will allow a Moderate to be their candidate. The far left seems to have total control of the party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies