Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pardon for Popadopoulos ?
yes 32 66.67%
no 16 33.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 08:36 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Since the whole thing was a set-up from day one, absolutely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2019, 08:39 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump should do everything he can to right the wrongs caused by the witch hunt.

He shouldn't have to do it, but he should do it. Looking forward to the real crooks being prosecuted.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Trump should do everything he can to right the wrongs caused by the witch hunt.
Exactly right. Especially since he could have prevented it in the first place. It should never have happened. I know people don't want to hear it, but the Mueller mess is on Trump.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:47 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Exactly right. Especially since he could have prevented it in the first place. It should never have happened. I know people don't want to hear it, but the Mueller mess is on Trump.
Kind of like a women who wears a short skirt deserves to be raped, Right ?

Old 03-27-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Kind of like a women who wears a short skirt deserves to be raped, Right ?
What kind of cockamamie comment is that? He COULD have prevented it, but chose not to and threw his supporters to the wolves. Lives were ruined, finances in a shambles. I knew something was wrong by his radio silence after his supporters were savaged at the San Jose rally. I knew something was even more wrong when he endorsed Paul Ryan over Ryan's challenger in 2016. Yeah, I voted for the guy, and I'd do it again, too, if that's what I have to do. But I'm not happy with his supporters getting savaged.

Old 03-27-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Souci View Post
How is that? Could you please explain THAT one? This was an attempted COUP. Like a Banana republic.
Are you serious? Are you familiar with the powers of the president? He could have, and should have, given Comey the gate on Day 1. That would have prevented the whole "obstruction" issue. People would have howled, but they howled anyway. He could have, and should have, fired Sessions the second Sessions blindsided him by recusing himself from "russian" issues, for no good reason, by the way. Oh, I know there would have been weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, but it was in his power to do. He could have fired Rosenstein instead of appointing him to Deputy Attorney General. Whitaker would have been just fine.

I get that there was an attempted coup. He could have stopped it. He had the power to do so. And that's why it's on him.

Old 03-27-2019, 09:21 PM

Attempted coup my hindquarters. It was a SHAM right from the start and he should have stopped it DEAD in its tracks. Every dang person who got dragged before Mueller should be pardoned if they were charged, and not only that, but compensated for their legal bills, and their pain and suffering. What kind of leader lets his supporters twist in the wind when it's within their power to DO something about it?

You want to talk about rape, phma? What do you call what happened to his supporters, huh? If that wasn't rape, I don't know what is. And what the heck is he doing packing his administration with t*rds like Bolton and Abrams?

Old 03-27-2019, 09:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Attempted coup my hindquarters. It was a SHAM right from the start and he should have stopped it DEAD in its tracks. Every dang person who got dragged before Mueller should be pardoned if they were charged, and not only that, but compensated for their legal bills, and their pain and suffering. What kind of leader lets his supporters twist in the wind when it's within their power to DO something about it?

You want to talk about rape, phma? What do you call what happened to his supporters, huh? If that wasn't rape, I don't know what is. And what the heck is he doing packing his administration with t*rds like Bolton and Abrams?
This crap started before he even glided down the escalator in July, 2015

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...rth-amendment/

https://patriotjournal.org/obama-violated/

Old 03-27-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This crap started before he even glided down the escalator in July, 2015

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...rth-amendment/

https://patriotjournal.org/obama-violated/
Dang right. Goes back years. He knew it, too. So where was all the preparation to guard against what happened? Where were the advisors who could guide him? Oh, right, Flynn. He booted him right out the door because Pence was "lied" to, or some such poop.

I don't think Trump really expected to win, and as some columnist put it, he failed to prepare for an exam he thought he wasn't going to have to take.

And don't get me started on Jay Sekulow and the rest of the legal team. They're raking it in the longer this stuff goes on. Mueller's still there, and he isn't going anywhere until Trump does.

Let me tell you why this is such a tragedy. Do you think, going forward, any controversial but solid candidate is going to be able to attract tough, decent supporters and cabinet members considering how people have been treated and what they've had to go through, personally, professionally and financially?

Trump wants loyalty? Well, you have to give it to get it. Pardon everyone, including Manafort, and never forget that were it not for Manafort, Trump would not be president. If the Podestas walk free, so should Manafort.

Old 03-28-2019, 12:27 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by San Souci View Post
All except Cohen should be pardoned. And Manafort should have his sentence commuted.8 months of SOLITARY for a first offense paper crime which hurt nobody? Proof that the Democrat party is insane.
Eh? Did they not commit legitimate crimes?

This forum has gone insane since Sunday. Kind of incredible...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies