Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 04:25 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Black Americans have been through worse than anyone else, besides Native Americans. Black Americans didn't even have a say regarding how they got here. Going from being brought to the country under duress as captives, being enslaved for hundreds of years, and then after slavery ends, another 90+ years of racial abuse and denial of rights in many places. When someone tells me "get over it", they are only telling me that because they don't want to hear what I have to say. This is why I say "I'm not going to get over it". Said person wants me to shut up. I refuse to.

And here is the thing about Africans. They choose to come here, therefore, they don't have the same narrative or mentality as being a Black American. Black Americans are here as the lowest of the low. Having been always looked down on, and still looked down on, many Black Americans succeed and prosper despite what we went through.
There are many professional, highly educated black Americans. Certainly, there are many of us who do not look down on them, but rather are impressed by their knowledge and success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2019, 04:25 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
When Did This Level Of Hatred And Division Start?

When the MSM News found out there are high ratings by making the easily influenced mad as hell about something.

Old 03-31-2019, 04:28 PM

You must be talking about FOX News or Sinclair Broadcasting.

Old 03-31-2019, 04:31 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
And yet, Lincoln has gone down in history as one of our most revered Presidents. However, he didn’t use the kind of nasty language as the present resident of the White House.
President Lincoln was the subject of very nasty language in his day.

Plus he was no snowflake & sought to unite the people ... unlike the present guy.

Old 03-31-2019, 04:36 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Liberals happened. They're commies, they hate America, white people, nations, borders, laws, and every other foundation of our society.

Nothing happened to normal people...but something happened to THEM.

Real Americans have ALWAYS hated communists and wanted to kill them. And we still do! And that will not ever change. Death to every last commie on the planet!
This happened.
When thoughts like these are common, what would the correct response of a liberal be.

Old 03-31-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
In the 1950s, many southern Whites didn't like northern Whites. In some cities, some White people didn't like each other based on what ethnicity they were. But it was better than being Black. If you were Black, you got the worst of it.

The Black/White divide has been a big part of U.S. history for a very long time. To tell me I focus too much on it, well, I'm going to mention it, period. It has been a major part of U.S. history. That is one example of how much hatred has been around in U.S. society. The political aspect is just one part of it. The racial aspect has been a big part of it. You can't change your skin color.

Consider this. Blacks might have been just a minority, but think about this. Slavery was a big issue leading up to the Civil War. If there has been no slavery, there would have been fewer problems between Whites. The split between Democrats at the 1948 DNC, civil rights for Blacks happened to be a major issue.

The Black/White divide isn't all I see, but it's a major example of how hatred and division have always been a part of American history. A major one at that.

Old 03-31-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Liberals happened. They're commies, they hate America, white people, nations, borders, laws, and every other foundation of our society.

Nothing happened to normal people...but something happened to THEM.

Real Americans have ALWAYS hated communists and wanted to kill them. And we still do! And that will not ever change. Death to every last commie on the planet!
Maybe it’s time to take your meds or attend an anger management class!

Old 03-31-2019, 04:54 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
In the 1950s, many southern Whites didn't like northern Whites. In some cities, some White people didn't like each other based on what ethnicity they were.
I think you interpreted the OP's question as, "When did Hatred and Division start?" Which you reply, "It has always been here". But the OP's actual question is, "When did this level of Hatred and Division Start"?

When people discuss division, they don't say "we are divided now", they say "this is the most-divided the country has been since the Civil-War".

Is the country more-divided than it was in say, the late-90's? I think so. Not only black and white, but everyone. This isn't just some made-up media narrative, it is a phenomenon that most people can see and feel. Because it is happening even among family members, friends, co-workers, and all other relationships.

Quote:
Slavery was a big issue leading up to the Civil War. If there has been no slavery, there would have been fewer problems between Whites. The split between Democrats at the 1948 DNC, civil rights for Blacks happened to be a major issue.
Slavery and civil rights aren't really comparable. The northern whites hated slavery, but not because they liked black people. In fact, they hated slavery precisely because they hated black people.

And the slavery issue wasn't the only division in the country. Many, like today, despised the Federal Government. And many northerners did go down to the south to fight against their government. If Texas were to secede today and the Federal Government tried to stop them, you would have militiamen from all over the country going down to Texas to fight the Federal Government.

The Civil-War pitted members of the same families against each other. That is the kind of division which is a systemic risk. The Civil Rights era happened because high labor needs during WWII, caused large numbers of black people to move into the cities to work in the factories. The demographics of most major cities shifted dramatically, especially after white GI's came back to live in these new suburbs after the war. And blacks, although a minority in the country, were often a majority in the major urban areas.

And they were being antagonized by the communists during the Cold War to basically sabotage the country. And since America had to hold together a global empire to prevent the spread of communism, we had to crush racism in order to maintain our ties and influence with our satellites and colonies.

But you could argue that the division in the 60's was the cities vs the rest of the country. Which is pretty much still true.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 03-31-2019 at 05:15 PM..

Old 03-31-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Maybe it’s time to take your meds or attend an anger management class!
I could look at that comment in many ways. Trying to be funny? Attempt at sarcasm?

The fact that these words were utter in connection regarding fellow citizens and neighbors is astounding. It's the not acknowledging that we all have a right to our opinion. we all got there by our experience. These thoughts certainly deny G-ds love for all. And IMO, they are scary.

Old 03-31-2019, 06:58 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
It started with. Columbus and the Spaniards came to the America’s to kill people and their cultures -then the Brits and French jumped in to rape the land as well. División has always been
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies