Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 07:43 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,725,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
What about a different sort of action on the part of the doctor? My kids' pediatrician (before we moved) would have placed a follow-up call to see how my kids were doing.
I'd assume he must have done that? How would he have known that the parents didn't go to the ER? Though if the parents had not answered, the doctor could have assumed that they were at the hospital and if they did answer and said "he's better now," then why would the dr call CPS? It doesn't really make sense.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:04 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I'd assume he must have done that? How would he have known that the parents didn't go to the ER? Though if the parents had not answered, the doctor could have assumed that they were at the hospital and if they did answer and said "he's better now," then why would the dr call CPS? It doesn't really make sense.
Maybe the doc called the hospital to check on his patient? Maybe he called ahead to tell the hospital the child would be arriving and then found out they were no-shows. The kid probably looked pretty sick when he was at the office. Sounds like they ignored the advice to go to ER, which would have been immediately, and waited, and then the fever went down. Unless they were checking his temp on the way to the ER and then decided, oh well it's going down, let's go home.

After this stupid negligence, then they refuse to allow a wellness check.

It could have been a situation where they were hiding a dead or dying kid. Parents have done things like this. The authorities had to get in there one way of another for the sake of the kid.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:10 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
The parents were concerned they would get in trouble/kids would be vaccinated, so the doctor called ahead to the hospital to confirm that the parents would not be reported (or something along those lines), so the hospital probably called him back to say they never showed up.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-29-2019, 08:15 AM

30,156 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Cops kill hundreds of unarmed people every year.

These cops, like all others, wanted to exercise their so-called "authority" over innocent people.
The cops had a warrant. You can blame the justification of said warrant but they were just doing their job.

I am against abuse of power by the police and government but the hospital believed the kids life was in danger. If the parents had acted responsibly from the beginning this could have been avoided.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:20 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Not police fault for following warrant to correct address.

One of those damned if you do damned if you dont situations on the part of the doctor.

People rightfully fear going to the Emergency room. My boss was 10K in out of pocket last year for 2 Emergency room fever visits for his daughter. bronze plans are all they can afford and all the support companies and docs in the E room in this IN NETWORK hospital are magically out of network and thus not covered.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:51 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post

One of those damned if you do damned if you dont situations on the part of the doctor.

People rightfully fear going to the Emergency room. My boss was 10K in out of pocket last year for 2 Emergency room fever visits for his daughter. bronze plans are all they can afford and all the support companies and docs in the E room in this IN NETWORK hospital are magically out of network and thus not covered.
Yeah that network trickery is bs and shouldn't even be legal.

I tried to make an appointment with my PCP once for mild abdominal pain and the doc would not even see me. He made me go to the ER and I was apologetic to them because I was not in real distress. Fortunately it was only 200 dollar copay in the end but they did a CT scan, and scared the heck out of me treating it like it was a big deal. I thought I could just go see my PCP and tell him my symptoms and maybe set up some tests like normal, but it turned into a big ordeal that ended up to be nothing.

Old 03-29-2019, 09:12 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Agents of tyranny carrying out the will of a tyrant against innocent people.

Same as any other day in the Busybody States of America. That which is not forbidden is compulsory.

EDIT - and read full story from the original article in the Arizona Republic. The kid was feeling better, his temperature had gone below 100, and he was laughing/playing with his siblings.

Basically what happened is an unnecessary busybody law went crazy, and now doctors are official agents of the government who constitute probable cause for issuing warrants. Doctor says take your kid to the ER, you better comply, or Leviathan's attack dogs will come calling. Oh, it will be all legal and stuff, because well, government does everything legal and stuff, right? But if you aren't a Nervous Nelly helicopter parent, ALL of your kids are being taken from you, put into foster care and you can then prove your innocence t Leviathan if you wish to have custody of your kids again.

A pox upon the house of anyone who thinks this is proper in an allegedly free country. Seriously, you gotta be a special brand of full potato stupid if you take the State's side on this.
And now if parents don't do exactly what Uncle Sam's quack says they risk a visit from the SWAT team.

Fantastic precedent.

Golly, that ought to encourage parents to take Junior in when he has the sniffles.

Old 03-29-2019, 09:20 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post

Disagree with you on your first sentence.

"Just following orders" gets my Nuremberg-ears ringing.

But good point on the wonderful world of our health care system. That story you relayed is par for the course nowadays.

Old 03-29-2019, 09:25 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
It looks like the kids are all in seperate foster homes at the moment and won’t be able to stay with the grandparents until the state approves them?

Turns out the two year old had RSV.

I do think it would have been helpful if the parents had communicated better but also think the “officals” have gone a little bit overboard.

Being separated from family and in foster homes is not great for the kids. Arizona has had some horrific abuse cases stemming from their foster care system.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:07 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It looks like the kids are all in seperate foster homes at the moment and won’t be able to stay with the grandparents until the state approves them?

Turns out the two year old had RSV.

I do think it would have been helpful if the parents had communicated better but also think the “officals” have gone a little bit overboard.

Being separated from family and in foster homes is not great for the kids. Arizona has had some horrific abuse cases stemming from their foster care system.
Yep and part of that is how easy it has been to be approved as a foster family in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies