Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 07:35 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times

Advertisements

For those that think this book is about golf, they are wrong. It is about Trump's approach to life.

Whether it is Trump lying about his golf score, his 5000 plus lies as president, lying to subcontractors, lying on loan applications, and just lying for the sake lying it is his modus operandi.

The sad part is figuring out whether lying is now a part of culture or whether Trump is an outlier.

The truth is that when we tell our children whether in school or at churches lying is bad, they know better. They see success in lying when they turn on the television and read the news. Trump has made lying and cheating cool and acceptable.

One can look at the USC scandal and say look "cheating has consequences". For the handful of people caught there are thousands that have not been caught and one that became president.

You tell me what is the point of telling children character counts when it clearly does not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 07:36 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,390,278 times
I'm waiting with great anticipation for the upcoming book written by the white house chef titled "Trump Got TWO Scoops of Ice Cream: and the rest get only one". It should be a number one best seller....

Old 04-02-2019, 07:39 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
But cheating's still cheating and lying's still lying. I've played with the guy who takes 8 strokes and writes down 5, what absolutely puzzles me is how you can lie to yourself and believe it?

You can make up all the 'everybody does it' excuses you want. I used to play with an after work company group and the same guys who cheated at golf were the same guys likely to be the office back-stabbers.
If you want to think like that, feel free. I don't get too worked up about people fudging golf scores because that score is between them and the golf gods. If you take golf and other people's scores that seriously, my diagnosis is that you are wound way too tight. Me, I just let people live whatever fantasy they like about what just happened over the last 4 hours. I actually record everything because I like having an accurate index. Not everyone cares. It's a game of individualism.

I didn't need to know Trump is a pretty garden variety rec golfer to not want to vote for him. I already had a few bazillion reasons for that.

Funny thing is, I bet he's a blast to actually play a round with, regardless of his lie improvement stuff. Probably buys rounds at the 19th hole, talks mad nonsense about chicks and business, and is generally fun to be around in that setting. I despised Clinton as a President, but still maintain that back in the day, he'd have been a blast to hang out with, doing damn near anything under the heading of "Guy Stuff."

I think all politicians are wretched weasels because the demands it, but off the job, I bet there is some fun to be had hanging out with them on a purely personal basis. You need to untwist the panties yo.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:49 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
If you want to think like that, feel free. I don't get too worked up about people fudging golf scores because that score is between them and the golf gods. If you take golf and other people's scores that seriously, my diagnosis is that you are wound way too tight. Me, I just let people live whatever fantasy they like about what just happened over the last 4 hours. I actually record everything because I like having an accurate index. Not everyone cares. It's a game of individualism.

I didn't need to know Trump is a pretty garden variety rec golfer to not want to vote for him. I already had a few bazillion reasons for that.

Funny thing is, I bet he's a blast to actually play a round with, regardless of his lie improvement stuff. Probably buys rounds at the 19th hole, talks mad nonsense about chicks and business, and is generally fun to be around in that setting. I despised Clinton as a President, but still maintain that back in the day, he'd have been a blast to hang out with, doing damn near anything under the heading of "Guy Stuff."

I think all politicians are wretched weasels because the demands it, but off the job, I bet there is some fun to be had hanging out with them on a purely personal basis. You need to untwist the panties yo.

Well Doc, you should be sued for malpractice! But you are the first person ever to suggest I'm wound too tight.

I don't get worked up over cheaters, but I'm not impressed with them and their phony 'accomplishments' either

It's been said for many years that golf is a game of honor, it can also be said that many who play it have none. Their lying scores are irrelevant, but their lack of honor is 24/7/365, not just on the golf course. If you're happy with a POTUS having no integrity, fine. I'm not.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:54 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I'm waiting with great anticipation for the upcoming book written by the white house chef titled "Trump Got TWO Scoops of Ice Cream: and the rest get only one". It should be a number one best seller....

Hopefully it'll have more pictures than words so even Trump may be able to get through it.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:54 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
HA they called him "PELE" that is funny.

I guess you could say, his course his rules.

If the world was a golf course like in "Caddyshack" Trump would be a cross between the Judge (Ted Knight) and the rich guy Al (Rodney Dangerfield).

Old 04-02-2019, 08:03 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Well Doc, you should be sued for malpractice! But you are the first person ever to suggest I'm wound too tight.

I don't get worked up over cheaters, but I'm not impressed with them and their phony 'accomplishments' either

It's been said for many years that golf is a game of honor, it can also be said that many who play it have none. Their lying scores are irrelevant, but their lack of honor is 24/7/365, not just on the golf course. If you're happy with a POTUS having no integrity, fine. I'm not.
I never said I was impressed by cheaters. I said I don't really GAFF about their "scores" as they report them. I don't compete against other people in golf, I compete against myself and the course.

And NO president has integrity. None. Spend long enough in the political arena and maintaining integrity is impossible. I know that implicitly, which is why back when I was still dumb enough to actually vote, I never once thought I was voting for someone with integrity. No elected politician alive has integrity, because if they did, they'd never have won their election.

Understand something real clearly here - I didn't vote for Trump the 1st time, and I won't vote for him in 2020. To quote rebeldor, "voting is an act of violence" that I will no longer allow myself to commit. Not for Trump, his opponent, or anyone at any level. So I super duper don't GAFF about him improving his lie in golf. WTFever.

That said, I seriously doubt anyone that did vote for him in 2016 will let this new "damning evidence" from caddies alter their 2020 vote, and I also absolutely believe that anyone citing these caddie anecdotes as proof positive of why Orange_Man_Is_Bad already hate the man, didn't vote for him in 2016 and wouldn't vote for him in 2020 if a gun were put to heir head. Thus, it amounts to not much more than someone attempting to cash in on Orange_Man_Bad marketing.

Old 04-02-2019, 08:29 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,947 times
Quote:
A new book, Commander in Cheat: How Golf Explains Trump, alleges the caddies at Winged Foot, the only non-Trump property where Trump is a member, got so used to seeing Trump kick his ball back into the fairway they gave him a new nickname: Pele!

Twitter storm coming soon!
You must not have a life to start a thread on some asinine topic like this. Get one.

Old 04-02-2019, 08:29 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
And he's still living rent free in the heads of those who can't defend Trump without mentioning him.
Happy to let him live "rent free" so we can point out the hypocrisy of the left.

Old 04-02-2019, 08:31 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
It's fun to see the latest temper tantrums from the anti Trump set.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies