Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2019, 02:00 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Women need to be taught self respect, common sense and responsibility. If they have that? No need for abortion. Really, really, really simple. We don't need a law. We need people to grow up with better sense and personal responsibilty.

Don't sleep with sleezebag deadbeats. Use 2 types of BC. Choose your sex partner wisely. Understand that sex leads to babies. Think about your decisions and make good ones.

But I've already been called a "man" and a "woman hater" for suggesting that. Go figure.

Is ANY of that BAD advice? Nope.
Maybe you could teach men some restraint. No having sex, no pregnancies. See how that works?

Old 04-16-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Right the baby was killed. That's why the woman didn;t give birth. because only pregnant women get abortions, right? And they get an abortion because they want the baby dead, right? Right.

If an abortion didn't kill the baby, all women who had abortions would give birth. Really simple.
No. They have abortions to terminate pregnancies. Once it's a baby, it's capable of living outside the mother and it is delivered. That's called "giving birth."

Old 04-16-2019, 02:01 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
No. But, shaming people for getting drunk at a party when they are of legal age IS Puritanical. Choosing to terminate a pregnancy before a fetus is viable outside the womb is not the same thing as driving drunk.
I never said anything about shaming anyone.

But claiming you had fun as a reason to explain why you killed somoene else?

Is the same excuse as saying recreational sex excuses abortions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
No. They have abortions to terminate pregnancies. Once it's a baby, it's capable of living outside the mother and it is delivered. That's called "giving birth."
Pregnancy results in babies. So if abortion kills the pregnancy, it kills the baby.

Otherwise the woman would still have a baby after she had an abortion. If it was true that abortion didn;t kill babies.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Maybe you could teach men some restraint. No having sex, no pregnancies. See how that works?
Absolutely agree. Men also need common sense, responsibility and self respect. No argument there.

Show of hands: how many women want men to stop having sex with them?

Show of hands: How many people think men get pregnant?

Old 04-16-2019, 02:06 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Pregnancy results in babies. So if abortion kills the pregnancy, it kills the baby.
Otherwise the woman would still have a baby after she had an abortion. If it was true that abortion didn;t kill babies.
A non viable fetus is not a baby.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Well, if a pregnant women doesn't give birth, where does the baby go?
Depends... did it grow to the point of viability, thus becoming a baby, or was it aborted (via miscarriage, medication, or surgery)?

A pregnant person either has a pregnancy that terminates by itself, that the pregnant person terminates, or they give birth. Even giving birth does not guarantee a live baby, because stillbirths exist. Some fetuses die in utero of natural causes or from accidents.

I had an umbilical cord accident cause an IUFD (intrauterine fetal demise) when I was pregnant once. I delivered, because at 6.5 months, the fetus would have been viable outside my body if it had been born alive, so I did not think it right to do anything but deliver, seeing as I'd already given birth in the past (I had 2 sons at this point) and my physician felt that I could be safely induced.

So, yeah... I know what I'm talking about, from a scientific standpoint. No amount of emotional, dramatic woman-hating rhetoric is going to sway me.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
I never said anything about shaming anyone.

But claiming you had fun as a reason to explain why you killed somoene else?

Is the same excuse as saying recreational sex excuses abortions.
Married people have recreational sex. Are you suggesting they not? How silly!

Old 04-16-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Absolutely agree. Men also need common sense, responsibility and self respect. No argument there.

Show of hands: how many women want men to stop having sex with them?

Show of hands: How many people think men get pregnant?
Show of hands: How many people think women get abortions due to pregnancies that happened without a man being involved somehow?

Old 04-16-2019, 02:12 PM

8,244 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Absolute nonsense a 6 week old fetus is not a person. And we are talking about the same political party who doesn't think healthcare is a right and believes that people should be able to run around with rocket launchers if it suits their fancy. That $hit just drips with hypocrisy

At six weeks the baby is an embryo, not a fetus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies