Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2019, 02:16 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Please, I implore you. Keep trying. Australia would love to provide medical benefits to someone that never contributed a dime toward the system.
Maybe someone here can help.
Exactly. There are lots of countries that won't allow foreigners to just waltz in to spend the rest of their lives there, and who will be a financial burden to the "host" government/tax payers. I've traveled the world, and I can tell you that most modernized countries won't allow someone to just become a citizen without them first being able to prove they won't be a burden to that country's government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 02:59 PM

18,498 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Exactly. There are lots of countries that won't allow foreigners to just waltz in to spend the rest of their lives there, and who will be a financial burden to the "host" government/tax payers. I've traveled the world, and I can tell you that most modernized countries won't allow someone to just become a citizen without them first being able to prove they won't be a burden to that country's government.
Very true.

Of course, most modernized countries also have a universal healthcare system, so the US is behind the times in more ways than one.

Old 04-12-2019, 03:46 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Democrats are running on the same issues that won them the house in 2018. The right wing noise is just that. Noise.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:22 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
She did not, all you reich wingers are WRONG on this topic. I've looked into it and have real knowledge, ignorant my fanny.
"reich" wingers. Okay by saying that you invoked Godwin's law. Thus, you lose. Big time.

Every argument you made was debunked. So, yes, you are being willfully ignorant.

Not to mention you ignorantly assumed that everybody who didn't agree with your cockamamie nonsense just has to be right wing.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
You can make equal arguments that the Republican platform is just as idealistic and impractical.

But whether you look at the Democrat or the Republican platform (which are really a set of beliefs), the important thing to note is that belonging to a political party means that you adhere to some set of values.

This is what makes Donald Trump particularly dangerous. He has NO values other than serving himself and his own selfish interests. He hijacked the GOP to get elected but in almost every way he has rejected their conservative principles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Democratic platform high level goals/values

RAISE INCOMES AND RESTORE ECONOMIC SECURITY FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS
CREATE GOOD-PAYING JOBS
FIGHT FOR ECONOMIC FAIRNESS AND AGAINST INEQUALITY
BRING AMERICANS TOGETHER AND REMOVE BARRIERS TO OPPORTUNITIES
PROTECT VOTING RIGHTS, FIX OUR CAMPAIGN FINANCE SYSTEM, AND RESTORE OUR DEMOCRACY
COMBAT CLIMATE CHANGE, BUILD A CLEAN ENERGY ECONOMY, AND SECURE ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE
PROVIDE QUALITY AND AFFORDABLE EDUCATION
ENSURE THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ALL AMERICANS
PRINCIPLED LEADERSHIP
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS AND KEEP FAITH WITH OUR VETERANS
CONFRONT GLOBAL THREATS
PROTECT OUR VALUES

Republican platform high level goals/values

Country is exceptional
Constitution should be honored, valued, and upheld
Leaders should serve people, not special interests
Families and communities should be strong and free from government intrusion
Institution of traditional marriage is the foundation of society
Government should be smaller, smarter and more efficient
Health care decisions should be made by us and our doctors
Paychecks should not be wasted on poorly run government programs
Military must be strong and prepared to defend our shores
Culture should respect and protect life
Children should never be left in failing schools
Veterans should have the best care and opportunities in the world
Social programs should help lift people out of poverty
America should be energy independent
Your response to my post is just a whole lot of nothing. I see no counter argument from you when it comes to what I wrote. All I see from you is just more TDS.

No counter argument from you means you don't have one.

Old 04-12-2019, 05:03 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
"reich" wingers. Okay by saying that you invoked Godwin's law. Thus, you lose. Big time.

Every argument you made was debunked. So, yes, you are being willfully ignorant.

Not to mention you ignorantly assumed that everybody who didn't agree with your cockamamie nonsense just has to be right wing.
No, my arguments weren't debunked. A bunch of Rush Limbaugh talking points don't debunk a real world system that actually works (Canada's Medicare)

So you're wrong

Old 04-12-2019, 05:10 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Does anyone know exactly what the Dems stand for ?

It's not what Fox News tells you it is.

Don't listen to this guy, either.

Carry on.

Old 04-12-2019, 05:21 PM

8,489 posts, read 6,894,642 times
Truth, Justice and the American Way standing against the Dark Universe that is the Republican Party. Flags waving in the distance.

Old 04-12-2019, 05:45 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Their entire strategy for the next Presidential election currently seems to be let us get an old white guy to complain about another old white/orange guy for winning last time.
Where is their vision for the future of a country whose economy is doing well with jobs bring created and not having declared war on anyone else for a while.
The Democrats need a plan and a candidate to deliver it.They don't seem to have either at the moment.
Sure we do; you're just not interested in learning about it. Do some reading to remedy that. "Dems" are for a President who reads; is educated; doesn't spend his (or her) life on Twitter, insulting people (including dead senators) with the filthy vocabulary of a juvenile delinquent, or throwing tantrums; doesn't spend his free time watching reality shows; doesn't destroy our nation's reputation abroad; doesn't do the bidding of dictators; doesn't lie every single day of his life; isn't a henchman for corporations; doesn't insult the intelligence of the American people; understands how government works; etc. In other words, for "Dems," the bar for POTUS is far higher than that for "Repubs." We expect our President to have unimpeachable character, as he or she represents the highest ideals and principles of our nation. There have been disappointing exceptions to this requirement in the past, but what we have now transgresses all bounds of decency, and is a profound disgrace to both the office of POTUS, as well as to the nation.

Old 04-12-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
No, my arguments weren't debunked. A bunch of Rush Limbaugh talking points don't debunk a real world system that actually works (Canada's Medicare)

So you're wrong
So, you listen to Rush Limbaugh? Is that what he says? Who knew!

Think what you want. What you wrote got debunked. You're assuming that what works in another country will work here. Canada doesn't have millions of illegal aliens sucking them dry. We, OTOH, do have millions of illegals. You just don't get it and refuse to reflect on what was written in response to you. Plus when you stoop to vile comments to the point of invoking Godwin's Law, you lose the argument right away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies