Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 11:35 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
Florida has Mandatory Reporting laws for child abuse, including sexual abuse, which cover nurses & doctors. See https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/fl...ng-laws-73308/ for who has to report. If there were nurses, doctors, anesthesiologists - all of whom should have attended the patient during abortions. (The site quoted is from Jan. 2012. The actual laws & reporting requirements may be older than that.)

Likely there were several mistakes in accepting a minor as a patient, without a responsible relative signing for her - certainly a 12-year-old wouldn't have the money to pay for an abortion, & TMK, only a parent or guardian of age could have signed permissions & paid or accepted responsibility to pay for any surgical procedures for her.
Which was my point that some on here refuse to acknowledge. Instead, they want to play the "where did you see that, link please?" game.

Someone pretending not to comprehend what they read only illustrates their own lack of awareness of reality.

I didn't SAY it was Planned Parenthood, I said it sounded unlikely that a doctor, who saw a 12 year old come in, repeatedly, for abortions, and NOT say anything, doesn't sound realistic.

And yes, duh, I know it wasn't all when she was 12...the fact that I have to hold some posters hands through every little word typed is stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2019, 11:38 PM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
What is even more atrocious about this woman's situation is that with that many rapes, she very well could STDs/STIs.
This is be part where religious people tell us it was “free will” and “Satan” that caused this instead of “God works in mysterious ways” and “God has a plan for everyone”

Old 04-14-2019, 11:58 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
The medical personnel at the clinic are mandated reporters. Someone 17 or under in the state of Florida isn't able to legally consent to sex. If any of the abortions occurred when she was underage the clinic was mandated to report it. If they didn't, they broke the law.

Old 04-15-2019, 12:28 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
The medical personnel at the clinic are mandated reporters. Someone 17 or under in the state of Florida isn't able to legally consent to sex. If any of the abortions occurred when she was underage the clinic was mandated to report it. If they didn't, they broke the law.
There is an age exemption that applies to the male partner. If he is under 23 then it is not statutory rape. We have no idea what Wiley told the clinic and the victim was too scared to say anything.

Old 04-15-2019, 12:53 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
[/b]

That's like saying pro-abortion people think if little girls get raped, not my problem she can get an abortion.
Better to have an abortion than to be forced to give birth at that age......and......pro-choicers aren't the ones always demanding that social services to "welfare mamas" should be cut......"why should I pay for their kids, what about personal responsibility, she should have kept her legs closed, not MY problem, yada, yada, yada."

Pro-lifers are always there to help women make it through the birth, but after that and for the next 18 years they want nothing to do with mother or child......NOT MY PROBLEM.....the mantra you will see put forth repeatedly by pro-lifers and Republicans all over this board.......and you know it.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:40 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Which was my point that some on here refuse to acknowledge. Instead, they want to play the "where did you see that, link please?" game.

Someone pretending not to comprehend what they read only illustrates their own lack of awareness of reality.

I didn't SAY it was Planned Parenthood, I said it sounded unlikely that a doctor, who saw a 12 year old come in, repeatedly, for abortions, and NOT say anything, doesn't sound realistic.

And yes, duh, I know it wasn't all when she was 12...the fact that I have to hold some posters hands through every little word typed is stupid.
That would be the pro-lifers here who pick the worst case scenario that supports their agenda and then state it as fact.

They have assumed she was 12-13 when the abortions took place, they have assumed it was PP and that she had the exact same medical personnel every time, they have assumed it was obvious there was abuse involved.....all without knowing any of that for sure. But hey, why worry about facts and truth when spreading lies and unsubstantiated rumors is so easy for them?.....it's who they are, it's their normal MO.

Another thing, how does a 13 year old have a baby without anyone knowing about it? Was it a perfect home birth with no medical care at all needed? Did the newborn see a doctor? Why didn't that doctor notice something wasn't right and report it?

But, who cares, right? If PP was closed and abortion was banned, things like this would never happen!

Old 04-15-2019, 02:15 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Mandated reporters even if she didn't have an abortion and they just suspected that something wasn't quite right. Why the OP insists this was at a PP is beyond me. Nothing in the story says it was.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There is an age exemption that applies to the male partner. If he is under 23 then it is not statutory rape. We have no idea what Wiley told the clinic and the victim was too scared to say anything.
I seriously doubt the male in this story could have passed for 23. If he had, he should have been told to produce an ID.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Mandated reporters even if she didn't have an abortion and they just suspected that something wasn't quite right. Why the OP insists this was at a PP is beyond me. Nothing in the story says it was.
While PP has been known to do this sort of thing there is nothing in the article that specifies PP had any involvement.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:30 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
I seriously doubt the male in this story could have passed for 23. If he had, he should have been told to produce an ID.
He was there as her stepfather. I am pretty sure he was not admitting to having had sex with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies