Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 07:39 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,210,599 times

Advertisements

WHy does Kamala Harris own a gun...what is she so scared of? substituting for small penis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2019, 07:42 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Did you even read your own links? I couldn't find anything in either one which says they want to make gun ownership illegal.

They can't make it "illegal"m they simply impose laws that make it very difficult and expensive to acquire one. For exmaple the permitting process in NYC requires something like $450 non refundable fee to apply and you can be denied for almost any reason. Most are denied and only about 50K out of millions have them.

Old 07-01-2019, 04:47 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
You skirt the point. She like most elected politicians feel confident they will be protected at taxpayer expense while threatening the same constituency with oppressive regulations and confiscation.

This will only work until there is actual pushback. We don't know yet when "the straw that breaks the camels back" will occur.

The leftist supporters of such tyranny will be hung out to dry by their own masters. Read up on Stalin.

Just sayin.
"If the dems are so against guns, why don't they get the Capitol Police DIS-armed?

Old 07-01-2019, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why don't you take a look at the freakin' question I was responding to and behold it in all its absurdity stupidity? When did any Liberal ever say that NO ONE should ever own a gun??? Really...prove the claim. OMG!

She was clearly speaking about people who did not follow specific laws. Jeez!

And yet again...the Dunning-Kruger effect in action within an exorbitant amount of right wing posts.
"and behold it in all its absurdity stupidity?"

Which is what I think about MOST of YOUR post!

"When did any Liberal ever say that NO ONE should ever own a gun???"

And WE are called the UN-educated!

I posted MULTIPLE quotes for DEMS about how they would like to confiscate ALL guns.

The video of fienstein has been posted on this site so many times, I can't keep track, it's even in THIS THREAD.

Try to keep up.

Your problem and like most libs, ONLY get their "news" from very liberal biased sources which do NOT report on such things.

If you were to EXPAND your sources of "news" you MIGHT learn something the left media won't tell you.

Old 07-01-2019, 04:54 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
you gotta love the lies. Dems want sensible gun control to prevent senseless tragedies but not one of them will tell you what "sensible" gun laws entail.
This. Like asking a leftist the maximum tax-rate.

Old 07-01-2019, 04:57 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm all for gun reform, especially with the mass shootings in the past several years. However, DH and I own a gun too. There's nothing wrong with owning a gun and I don't know anyone who has ever said there was. Please provide a link that shows that Dems have asked that ALL guns be banned.
A gun? I owned A gun when I was 19. Now I have a few more. What dems want is a UK-style ban. Never happen here.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
you gotta love the lies. Dems want sensible gun control to prevent senseless tragedies but not one of them will tell you what "sensible" gun laws entail.
Because they have NO SENSE!

Old 07-01-2019, 08:07 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...tion/23710947/

Well, well, well!!!!

See how the other side speaks with forked tongue!

Personal safety! That's why 99% of Americans own guns

But the left wants to stop that!

At least she admitted it

The totalitarian way-

Guns for me, not for you.

All the celebrity libs have armed bodyguards. It is just ANOTHER case of liberal hypocrisy.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:16 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Of course they don't want to remove guns from the hands of everyone. In NYC somewhere around 50K permits have been issued for pistols to the politically elite, wealthy and well connected. I'm sure Harris would be able to obtain one. You on the other hand have almost no chance of obtaining one.
Exactly. This is why we can't have federal gun control. It isn't just about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill, it is about disarming the majority of the law abiding population, just one little cut at a time until only the rich and powerful will have access.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:00 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,355,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Politicians, prosecutors, celebrities, etc. are frequently threatened. I hope that helps but just where did you get the idea that 99% of Americans own guns? You lost any credibility you may have had with that bit of nonsense.
If you'd bothered to read and understand English. He stated that 99% of Americans AS A REASON own guns for "personal safety". Not that 99% of Americans own a gun. There is a difference. Can you really be that dense? What makes you think that the lives of "politicians, prosecutors, celebrities, etc." are more important than anyone else? Or are you so naive to believe that no one else could ever become a crime victim or have their lives threatened in any way?

Quote:
Personal safety! That's why 99% of Americans own guns.
You lost any credibility you may have had with your bit of nonsense.

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 07-01-2019 at 01:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies