Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2019, 04:39 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times

Advertisements

Pelosi made it clear several months ago that first you organize your caucus, then you build consensus, then you count the votes.

It's all about vote counting and she's pretty good that.

Old 04-22-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverbox View Post
She's tying to stave off whats turning into a growing call to impeach. Yes- I get why she doesn't want to impeach the president: Because the GOP won't lift a finger. But this needs to happen. We cannot allow a president breaking the law and getting away with it. Even if its mostly symbolic our elected officials have a pressing responsibility to hold figures of authority accountable. The message must be loud and clear: Break our nation's laws, suffer the consequence. Furthermore, while impeachment would likely not mean trump will be removed from office it does at least create a legal precedent for him to be indicted once he becomes a private citizen again.
I think it is critical is to hold the hearings. Americans are not going to read a 400 page report, but they will read tweets, FB posts, and catch snippets of the news enough to get a general idea of all what's gone on.

Those of us who keep up are stunned on a near daily basis, but most don't know the half of it.

Old 04-22-2019, 04:51 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverbox View Post
Why does it always have to be that anyone reading the report and drawing a rational conclusion is on the "left".
Simple -- it takes a lot of bias to ignore the fact that there is nothing wrong or illegal about anything that Trump did.

Old 04-22-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Simple -- it takes a lot of bias to ignore the fact that there is nothing wrong or illegal about anything that Trump did.
I see you've not read Mueller's report.

Old 04-22-2019, 04:59 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,497,864 times
Default We are rotting at the core

Democrats need to strategize carefully on impeachment proceedings. A female HR Congressperson stated yesterday that once impeachment proceedings in the House are begun, the House no longer has a right to gather/subpoena evidence.

So, they can't get over their skis on this. Which is why Nadler continues to say they have to gather the evidence.

Even knowing the proceedings will not result in removal from office, the moral thing to do is call this president out publicly on the lies and disrepect for our law enforcement agencies and judicial processes evidenced by his neverending efforts to get his people to lie in memos to the file, fire Mueller and numerous other efforts to obstruct justice, lie publicly to the press on a daily, almost hourly basis. Trump is liar. He employs liars. Truthtellers have no place in that Administration. He dishonors his office and has seriously diminished the stature of the US worldwide for a long, long time to come.

Sad day in America when we accept nonstop daily lies and gaslighting as normal and acceptable - not to mention sucking up to the Russians.

That we have citizens who actually believe this despicable behavior is OK, tells the world this country is experiencing moral rot at its very core - and the Russians couldn't be happier about it.

Old 04-22-2019, 05:47 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Are you saying the mueller report was a book in as little as a few days...

You are obviously not, anything obvious.....
I don't think you need to read the entire report to get a good understanding, just go to the table of contents and pick your spot. Besides there are plenty of highlights and selected quotes in the media.

One of my favorites is where he asks where he asks McGahn to fire Mueller then asks him later to lie about it. When McGahn started taking notes (as did Comey) he asked him why he was writing this down, none of his other lawyers did.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:14 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,497,864 times
I spent 26 years in staff supervision in a high-end law firm. All "real" lawyers take notes. The legal pad is an appendage, separate legal pads for separate matters. Meetings are memorialized in their notes, and then later possibly in a memorandum to the file. Case files containing correspondence, memos and agreements, also contain yellow pads with attorney notes. Separate folders are set up within these files for notes and drafts - and the yellow pads containing these handwritten notes are filed therein.

That Trump should consider notetaking unusual is yet another indication of how far removed from real life he has been - the spoiled brat corrupt autocrat, an island unto himself his entire life, answering to no one. It shows. If I were keeping a file on Trump matters, it would contain a separate folder, labeled: Illegal Directives.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:15 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't think you need to read the entire report to get a good understanding, just go to the table of contents and pick your spot. Besides there are plenty of highlights and selected quotes in the media.

One of my favorites is where he asks where he asks McGahn to fire Mueller then asks him later to lie about it. When McGahn started taking notes (as did Comey) he asked him why he was writing this down, none of his other lawyers did.
Trump lies. Not nearly as much as you guys do, but he certainly does.

Trump was frustrated with being the target of the effort to wrongly and absurdly accuse him of crimes that he did not commit. He expressed that frustation. That you do not approve of the manner that he did this does not matter.

It is over. You people have lied your asses off, virtually non-stop about this man in the most extreme, pathologically hatefully and deceitful manner that you possibly could. Your credibility is now gone as a result of that and also countless other lies and depravities.

Have fun reading passages from this report to each other in your little echo chamber settings. Or, if you want to put this report to a more constructive use, cut it up into squares and stack them next to your commode, where they can be put to their highest and best use.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 04-22-2019 at 06:34 PM..

Old 04-22-2019, 06:23 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,632 times
If you thought the Russian collusion farce blew up in their face just wait until impeachment hearings led by AOC and Schiff. Nancy knows that would be a disaster.

The odds of Trump lasting his entire first term is 99.99% now and they can’t stand it. They failed to remove him

Last edited by ColoradoOnMyMind; 04-22-2019 at 06:33 PM..

Old 04-22-2019, 06:25 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

You understand the post's i'm responding to, show's an actual book that is posted on amazon, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post

https://www.thewrap.com/mueller-repo...t-seller-list/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies