Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2019, 05:47 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I have no problem but I can't say the same for you.

Comprehension? LOL...it's clearly obvious you have no clue what that word (comprehension) even means.

Old 04-28-2019, 06:01 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
I wouldn't be too concerned with some of these nonsensical responses.

Mr. Trump is not gonna say 'Bless your heart' to the folks at SDNY. Those folks don't mess around & Trump.org is not a sitting President.

Old 04-28-2019, 06:23 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
House asks Robert Mueller to testify by May 23

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...tify-by-may-23

I think it is important that Mueller testify. Barr is a waste of time, he should have testified after the report was released but that would have raised some questions. I don't expect much from Barr anymore than Huckabee Sanders or Kelly Anne.

Old 04-28-2019, 06:27 PM

Trump can’t run the Mueller playbook on New York feds

For starters, they have jurisdiction over the president’s political operation and businesses — subjects that executive privilege doesn't cover.

Quote:
Manhattan-based federal prosecutors can challenge Trump in ways Mueller can’t. They have jurisdiction over the president’s political operation and businesses — subjects that aren’t protected by executive privilege, a tool Trump is considering invoking to block portions of Mueller’s report. From a PR perspective, Trump has been unable to run the same playbook on SDNY that he’s used to erode conservatives’ faith in Mueller, the former George W. Bush-appointed FBI director. Legal circles are also buzzing over whether SDNY might buck DOJ guidance and seek to indict a sitting president.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...gation-1173346

Old 04-28-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think it is important that Mueller testify. Barr is a waste of time, he should have testified after the report was released but that would have raised some questions. I don't expect much from Barr anymore than Huckabee Sanders or Kelly Anne.
Agree about Mr. Mueller, also think he won't need to be subpoenaed to testify. Fancy that, someone who is NOT attempting to obstruct. What a shocker.

Old 04-28-2019, 06:40 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
I wouldn't be too concerned with some of these nonsensical responses.

Mr. Trump is not gonna say 'Bless your heart' to the folks at SDNY. Those folks don't mess around & Trump.org is not a sitting President.

Great, do tell....what did SDNY have to do with your current presidents situation? You can answer, but I'm sure it will be a nonsensical response (as always).

Oh, yea....and think about this...if SDNY "don't mess around" why did it take trump to become your president for them to start looking,if they "don't mess around"?

Old 04-28-2019, 07:10 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Trump can’t run the Mueller playbook on New York feds

For starters, they have jurisdiction over the president’s political operation and businesses — subjects that executive privilege doesn't cover.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...gation-1173346
Remember that Trump’s appointee recused himself from the Cohen investigation and Trump attempted to get Whittaker to intervene and get the SDNY chief to take an active role...

As long as the OLC upholds the “you can’t charge a sitting president” memo then SDNY is only going to be gathering info — which is great—but info has to be implemented in grand jury hearings and charges...

It would be better if SDNY passed info to the NYAG on any charges that fall within state’s prosecution...
And let them have at it
The OLC’s memo has no bearing on what the state does...

Old 04-28-2019, 07:11 PM

Trump Faces Threat in New York Lawsuit Even After Charity Closes

Agrees to end foundation, but attorney general’s suit remains

Quote:
Underwood sued in June, alleging the foundation functioned as “little more than a checkbook to serve Mr. Trump’s business and political interests.” She claimed that Trump’s children, as directors of the charity, had neglected their duties under state law. In November, a judge rejected the nonprofit’s request to throw the case out.

“Our petition detailed a shocking pattern of illegality involving the Trump Foundation -- including unlawful coordination with the Trump presidential campaign, repeated and willful self-dealing, and much more," Underwood said in a statement Tuesday.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...on-to-dissolve

Not shocking: Mr. Trump blames Democrats.

Old 04-28-2019, 07:14 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Comprehension? LOL...it's clearly obvious you have no clue what that word (comprehension) even means.

Old 04-28-2019, 07:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
What is not in the report, is about to hit the fan.
What Mueller didn't say, soon will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies