Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2019, 02:15 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It is as clear as crystal that they are just parroting talking points. Mueller left a road map for Congress and Congress will procced as they are mandated to do.
I just heard Nadler say that -- so it's a sure thing that "roadmap for Congress" is a Leftist talking point.
Are any of you old enough to know what that particular phrase means? Nadler also said the "Special Prosecutor" led the "roadmap".

Nadler has so little understanding of US Law that he has zero business on the Judiciary Committee, much less as Chairman. AG Barr went over this in his Press Conference (which is why he had the Press Conference).

One more time:

1. Robert Mueller is a Special Counsel - not a Special Prosecutor, the Special Prosecutor Law is no longer in place.

2. The Law governing the Special Counsel states clearly that his Report goes to the Attorney General and that the Report is Confidential. Special Counsel does NOT report to Congress ... so it's a sure thing that there is NO "roadmap". The "roadmap" was under the Special Prosecutor Law that reported directly to Congress ...... and Nadler is too clueless to even understand that.

Nadler, the Leftist Media and the Democrats seem to have a very bizarre view of United States Jurisprudence -- in their mind a person is considered Guilty UNLESS the Prosecutor can prove him innocent. That is NOT the job of the Prosecutor - his job is to prove guilt that investigators find.

If there is enough to charge/indict -- do so
If there is no enough to charge/indict ..... do not charge.
Leftists believe in Mob Justice, not court Justice. Trial by Media and Talking Points, not by evidence.

If they can do this to the President of the United States and Federal Circuit Court Judge .....
They can do it to any Citizen -- they can declare that ANY citizen is Guilty of anything and must prove their innocence. That's Banana Republic stuff .... and any Normal Person understands the danger they are.

25,447 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
CNN must feel so ashamed.
Why? The Mueller report doesn't vindicate Trump. Mueller himself said he couldn't exonerate Trump after the evidence he saw. I don't understand why the right and Trump think this is a victory dance for them.

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount79 View Post
I think whats in the report clearly shows that it wasn't a hoax or a witch hunt, but i get it, people can't look at any of this without any bias.
Including you, apparently.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:16 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,302,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Why? The Mueller report doesn't vindicate Trump. Mueller himself said he couldn't exonerate Trump after the evidence he saw. I don't understand why the right and Trump think this is a victory dance for them.
Because there isn’t enough evidence to ultimately impeach him

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
It's more than 30%. Closer to 43%. It's the mantra of those who feel inferior, powerless and impotent - so, they're going to defy all norms and rally around a bloviating buffoon who encourages them to pursue "up yours, stick it to the man, my way or the highway," and all the other disgusting and ignorant beliefs and behaviors that entails. SAD.
It so hurts those Trump haters that 43% don't agree with them, so they resort to the usual silly little name calling and ranting about how superior they are. Of course, this is what kindergarten children do also as is well exampled in this post. Then they expect to be taken seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Democrats don’t want to eat crow for the 20th time, so they’re finding ways to misinterpret the report. Everyone knew this was coming, including Democrats.

I don’t blame them for trying to keep this alive, because they have no policies/platform for Americans, other than “bad orangutan, we must impeach you because you humiliated us in 2016”.

Lol I say let them keep playing their losing game.
Wow, the cognitive dissonance is pretty strong with some people. The people who love Trump see this as a victory. Everybody else sees it for what it is -- no vindication for Trump and ten instances in which he tried to obstruct justice.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:17 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Not sure why they're losing it. I don't get MSNBC, BTW. This report does not vindicate Trump.
It certainly does not vindicate Trump. The report is a page by page indictment of the behaviors of Trump and those around him. Further, MSNBC is not losing it - far from it. MSNBC is reading directly from the report. That is fact. Reporting facts is not "losing it." Although those who can't rebut the facts might want to deflect from those inconvenient truths - so of course attack the messenger is the only recourse.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
Because there isn’t enough evidence to ultimately impeach him
Who said that? Mueller is leaving that up to the Congress to decide. But I do agree with one thing. He'd never be impeached with Mitch McConnell in charge of the Senate.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:18 PM

352 posts, read 518,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Including you, apparently.
you're entitled to your opinion.

Personally after reading some of the sections of the report I think its politically harmful to the POTUS. I also think Barr put the best spin on this he could.

I'm not sure how anyone can look at the facts in this document and tell me this is a victory for Trump.

This isn't a victory for Trump or Americans.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I just heard Nadler say that -- so it's a sure thing that "roadmap for Congress" is a Leftist talking point.
Are any of you old enough to know what that particular phrase means? Nadler also said the "Special Prosecutor" led the "roadmap".

Nadler has so little understanding of US Law that he has zero business on the Judiciary Committee, much less as Chairman. AG Barr went over this in his Press Conference (which is why he had the Press Conference).

One more time:

1. Robert Mueller is a Special Counsel - not a Special Prosecutor, the Special Prosecutor Law is no longer in place.

2. The Law governing the Special Counsel states clearly that his Report goes to the Attorney General and that the Report is Confidential. Special Counsel does NOT report to Congress ... so it's a sure thing that there is NO "roadmap". The "roadmap" was under the Special Prosecutor Law that reported directly to Congress ...... and Nadler is too clueless to even understand that.

Nadler, the Leftist Media and the Democrats seem to have a very bizarre view of United States Jurisprudence -- in their mind a person is considered Guilty UNLESS the Prosecutor can prove him innocent. That is NOT the job of the Prosecutor - his job is to prove guilt that investigators find.

If there is enough to charge/indict -- do so
If there is no enough to charge/indict ..... do not charge.
Leftists believe in Mob Justice, not court Justice. Trial by Media and Talking Points, not by evidence.

If they can do this to the President of the United States and Federal Circuit Court Judge .....
They can do it to any Citizen -- they can declare that ANY citizen is Guilty of anything and must prove their innocence. That's Banana Republic stuff .... and any Normal Person understands the danger they are.
Mueller knew that a sitting president couldn't be indicted. So he's leaving it up to Congress to do their jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies