Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 08:33 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He was a horrible man. He had a 10 year affair that he rubbed in Barbara's face over and over. She almost lost it because of it. Of course the crooked NYT didn't mention any of that did they?
How interesting that you single out the "crooked NYT" - which is a stupid phrase to begin with, if you know what "crooked" means.

But, do tell us, what other newspapers that you like covered the story? Name us a few, to support your claim that the NYT was more lax than others? By the way, reputable newspapers, like the NYT or Washington Post, don't run stories without trustworthy corroboration - unlike, say, Fox. Not everyone flaunts their infidelities as vulgarly as Trump does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 08:35 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Pretty low, hitting the sitting potus with a recently deceased one. No suprise though considering source.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:42 PM

45,411 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Pretty low, hitting the sitting potus with a recently deceased one. No suprise though considering source.
In my 65 years I've noticed something, Democrats all think any Republican President is a piece of ****. That is until they die. Then they lionize them.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:50 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
This is a very nice piece, just after Bush died, a look back at their interactions. Yes, there were problems with Bush, but he looks magnificent in comparison with Trump now.

The Patrician President and the Reporterette: A Screwball Story
By Maureen Dowd

But, as politicians go, 41 had many good qualities. Most of the time, he tried to do the right and decent thing, as he saw it, to act for the good of the country and the world...

The narcissistic, amoral, vulgar reality-TV president and the modest, principled, classy, old-world president could not be more different. With Poppy, there was decency and sweetness.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/02/o...reen-dowd.html
IMO, First Pre-emptive attack on Iraq started all this mess. Trillions are wasted in wars abroad while health care and education system remains in dire straits at home.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:10 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
This is a very nice piece, just after Bush died, a look back at their interactions. Yes, there were problems with Bush, but he looks magnificent in comparison with Trump now.
He signed a huge immigration increase into law. He was a disaster for the country. A total chump despite the Yale degree.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:30 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:

The Patrician President and the Reporterette: A Screwball Story
By Maureen Dowd

But, as politicians go, 41 had many good qualities. Most of the time, he tried to do the right and decent thing, as he saw it, to act for the good of the country and the world...

The narcissistic, amoral, vulgar reality-TV president and the modest, principled, classy, old-world president could not be more different. With Poppy, there was decency and sweetness.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/02/o...reen-dowd.html
Re your thread title....

They are 41 and 43....

or Bush the Elder, and Bush the Younger.....

but they aren't Sr. and Jr. ----- they don't have the same name.

41 has two middle names...Herbert Walker.

43 has one middle name.....Walker.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:35 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,120,999 times
All you need to know about GHW Bush:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_of_Death

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/don...gulf-war-1991/

Old 04-18-2019, 09:42 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He was a horrible man. He had a 10 year affair that he rubbed in Barbara's face over and over. She almost lost it because of it.

Of course the crooked NYT didn't mention any of that did they?

....did they also forget to mention him and his best bud bill clinton shipping tons of cocaine through mena arkansas for the c.i.a., back in the day....

Old 04-18-2019, 09:44 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
That's not what the left said when he was in office.
Sometimes people get the idea that the "left" has some kind of hive mentality where they all think and say the same thing, but that's simply not true.

I liked Bush and I'm a lifelong democrat. He certainly was more conservative than I am but I always felt that he had the best interest of the American people in mind and would not intentionally do any harm to this Country. I liked his son too but I thought that he was naive and got horrible advice, but he never struck me as a cruel or hateful man.

I thought Reagan was a corporatist pig and couldn't even stand to watch him on TV. The three Presidents I have hated the most are Reagan, Clinton and Trump, I don't even like to say their names

Old 04-18-2019, 10:52 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
That's not what the left said when he was in office.
It generally takes some time before you can really put a President in perspective. George H.W. Bush made the best decisions even when they weren't the best choices politically, and he paid the price for it by losing his second term. But history shows us that he tried to do what was right. George W. Bush on the other hand is still one of the worst of the worst. Any redeeming qualities he had like his charisma and being "a nice guy to have a beer with" were outweighed by the fact that he took the world's sympathy after 9/11 and spent it on trying to sell an unnecessary war in Iraq. To top it off, his economic policies led to the Great Recession being as bad as it was (though to his credit he did makes some decisions that helped prevent a Great Depression late in his Presidency.) Only Trump has been worse and I believe history will prove me right.

I think history will judge Obama mostly positively when it comes to domestic issues but negatively when it comes to foreign policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies