Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 08:33 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,987,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
And then there's my mom, who taught preschool children for 49 years, who never jumped to the ridiculous conclusion that the 3 and 4 year old babies were "disconnected to their gender role" because of how they played or what they said.

Maybe the little girl who played with trucks is a legitimate truck driver now, maybe the little boy who liked to dance is in a ballet company now. The tomboy who didn't like dresses may have played softball and earned a college scholarship that way. The 4 year olds who say they hate boys because they have cooties doesn't put them on the path to being identified as lesbians.

The nonsense just has to stop. Let kids be kids.
Never jumped to any conclusions.
I relayed MY real experiences.
The past 14 years has changed compared to your mothers 49 years.
We really don't know what path as you say they are being put on.
But I can tell you the children and parents I saw go through this didn't just wake up and take their toddlers word .
It is a process. A painful emotional process.
I agree let kids be kids.
But not all kids are the same.

Wtf agenda does she serve?
The agenda of her kids.
Just so happens she's in the public eye and she chose not to hide this. Plus she supports certain unpopular causes .How could she hide it? She couldn't.

This gender assigning at an early age baffles me.
It burrows deeper than playing with trucks and wearing moms makeup at 3.

Why she decided to begin this process at 3 years old is her business. I don't agree with that part.
But how many public and personal stories have YOU heard about living in denial for years, because they were forced to be someone they were not?

No one here is going to attempt to see the human element of this phenomenon. Only the political element.
Hence the topic being placed here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2019, 08:36 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
I question why any parent would exploit their children and rob them of their privacy by making a public spectacle of their individual struggles.

You are not raising awareness of anything. You are only robbing a young human being of their right to privacy.

F’n idiots.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:49 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,719,018 times
It's entirely possible that the 7yr old doesn't feel like boy.

I went to middle school with a girl who was always very tomboyish, only interested in stereotypical male things, and dressed very masculine. She had some social issues, so her parents took her to a therapist and put her on anti-depressants and other meds.

Well, I think she realized in high school that she felt more like a he. Sarah is now known as Sam.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:53 AM

30,077 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Yes, that's right. Probably because people have seen pics of her son dressed as a girl for years, she decided to make an announcement.

"I thought she was a boy, too," she said. Then revealed that when her son was 3, he informed her that he was a girl. "So, there you go," she continued.

This dunce adopted a boy, then proceeded to emasculate him, buying him dresses and ballet slippers, to further her own agenda.

More insanity: The Fox article refers to the child as having been "assigned male" at birth--because then, of course, we can all buy into the lunacy of "re-assignment."

Stop drinking the Kool Aid, Fox. What we have here is a 7-year-old cross-dresser, thanks to a screwball mother who's been dressing him as a girl since he was 3. The world's gone mad.

www.foxnews.com/entertainment/charlize-theron-daughter-jackson-transgender.amp

Child abuse

It's too bad- that kid would have had a chance in life with a normal parent.

Old 04-22-2019, 09:00 AM

15,537 posts, read 10,512,774 times
child abuse

Old 04-22-2019, 09:43 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Agreed.
3 years ago it was the fad for teens to come out as bisexual. Now the fad and it's accepted with no questions asked, is to declare one's self as fluid
Or non binary.
Upon registration don't forget to get your high school classes and sign up for the lgbtbf support club.

It boggles my mind how these teens are experimenting and "declaring" themselves so quickly and openly.

BUT I can say from experience and working in early childhood education there are some personality traits that are undeniable at 3 and 4 years old.
My 14 years of teaching preschool age children I can say I've seen the signs, watched the behavior, heard
The language, and witnessed 1st hand a child's sense of self development.
There are children who feel disconnected to their gender role. It presents itself in their play, their learning, their choice of clothes, colors, toys, emotions.
It is real. I have had the opportunity to watch these children mature into Teens.
Every single child who at an early age was vocal and comfortable with telling us:
I like girl stuff. I want to wear dresses. I hate wearing dresses. I like to wear mommy's makeup. I like wearing boys clothes.
I can honestly say, everyone of those kids today identify as gay or as the opposite gender.
Luckily, their parents recognized and supported their children.
Except for one boy.

HE was so obviously meant to be a girl. Everything about him was feminine. It was painful as a mother and teacher to see his father's disgust and embarrassment every day.
His mother loved him but knew he would have a difficult road ahead. She supported him 100% even though it pained her to allow him to Express himself with his hair and clothes.
He eventually began hormone replacement after puberty. His parents divorced.
I see her now on facebook living the life he knew he wanted at the age of 4.

Who am I to question what this actress and her child are going through?
No one really.
But, I know it's real. I don't understand it. I certainly don't pretend to understand it either. But, I've seen it.
And I pray these kids have the support they need to make it in this world.
Scientists say that a very high percentage of these kids who are confused about gender end up feeling more comfortable in their bodies once they reach puberty and end up being gay or lesbian. But now parents are giving them hormone blockers or therapy before puberty, which I think will set them up for a lifetime of loneliness and confusion. They should let them be open about it, but I do not think they should do the hormones at such a young age. That is an irrevocable decision that should not be done when they’re too young to really understand what they’re going through. It sterilizes the kids and who knows about health risks of hormones. I do not like this trend at all.

Old 04-22-2019, 09:58 AM

30,077 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Scientists say that a very high percentage of these kids who are confused about gender end up feeling more comfortable in their bodies once they reach puberty and end up being gay or lesbian. But now parents are giving them hormone blockers or therapy before puberty, which I think will set them up for a lifetime of loneliness and confusion. They should let them be open about it, but I do not think they should do the hormones at such a young age. That is an irrevocable decision that should not be done when they’re too young to really understand what they’re going through. It sterilizes the kids and who knows about health risks of hormones. I do not like this trend at all.

Agreed-

We don't allow children to drink alcohol, use drugs, drive a car, vote, or get married.
We do those common sense approaches, as we realize children lack the maturity to make such important decisions.

Now children suddenly have the judgement and insight to "choose" their sexuality? Give me a break! If that kid was not around a freak for a parent, they would probably be fine.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:05 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
My fiance's female cousin just announced that her "son" is a transgender girl because he likes to wear dresses and hair bows.

We (my fiance and I) told the lady that

1. The term “transgender” itself has gone through dynamic shift over time.

2. there are a lot of kids who are prepuberal [in the stage just before puberty] who have gender nonconforming behaviors, who we would not label as transgender.

3. if they have a gender identity that is different from their sex assigned at birth, that it is very likely that they will continue on to have that gender identity. So adolescence is an important time when we talk about treatment.

Conclusion: raising a 6 year old boy as a girl is premature; treating him as a her is premature. Maybe she should reconsider the decision.

She said she loves both of us, but we are narrow minded people (I am glad she did not call us crazy Trump supporters). I understand she is seeking emotional support, but somebody need to tell her (in my opinion) that she MIGHT have made a wrong decision. Why not seeking second opinion from a medical professional?

Yikes!

Keep in mind that this cousin is not an uneducated person. She's college graduated, but she gave her cat medication in order to regulate the cat's mood. Maybe I am just ignorant, but she seems a little bit out of touch with reality.

My own opinion is that, Social transitioning has to be the kid’s need, not the parent’s need. If a parent wants their child to socially transition because it’s easier than just having a kid who is gender non-conforming, that’s a problem. And I have to say – this is very important – having an assigned male at birth who wants to wear girls clothes and paint their nails but is not identifying as a girl is a very hard space. It’s a hard space for parents; it’s a hard space for caregivers; it’s a hard space for relatives; it’s a hard space for the child. So it’s easy to then imagine, “Hey, can’t you just live as a girl full-time?” might seem like an easier solution to a difficult scenario.

Is she a selfish mother or is she a wonderful mother? Only time can tell. I just think one needs to wait till the kid becomes adult to discuss potential treatment. Raising a boy as a girl at such an age is, in my opinion, child abuse.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:21 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I question why any parent would exploit their children and rob them of their privacy by making a public spectacle of their individual struggles.

You are not raising awareness of anything. You are only robbing a young human being of their right to privacy.

F’n idiots.
This is a VERY valid point.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:33 AM

3,341 posts, read 2,143,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Substitute the word reason for agenda.

What is the reason?/What do you think is the why? And what does the OP think re the same?

As I'm unable to read Theron's mind I cannot be sure. I don't suspect any legitimately noble motives on her part insofar as this issue is concerned. At best, she may truly believe her beliefs and subsequent actions to be healthy and reasonable. I would suggest that even in that instance she's under a serious misapprehension. If I had to guess, I'd say what's more likely is that she's an activist for comparative extremism and is using the young child as a brainwashed pawn to his own detriment (and to virtue signal to others like her), and that tends to anchor me in the "this is child abuse" camp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies