Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 12:03 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Child abuse
It's too bad- that kid would have had a chance in life with a normal parent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Transgender suicide rate is 40% regardless of ... everything. No other populations has such a high suicide rate.
40% suicide rate is enough of a reason not to be 'transgender.

I hope she waits 'til (s)he's at least twenty before she gets his/her (???) surgically altered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2019, 12:06 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Charlize Theron is an idiot because I say so.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:21 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
And then there's my mom, who taught preschool children for 49 years, who never jumped to the ridiculous conclusion that the 3 and 4 year old babies were "disconnected to their gender role" because of how they played or what they said.

Maybe the little girl who played with trucks is a legitimate truck driver now, maybe the little boy who liked to dance is in a ballet company now. The tomboy who didn't like dresses may have played softball and earned a college scholarship that way. The 4 year olds who say they hate boys because they have cooties doesn't put them on the path to being identified as lesbians.

The nonsense just has to stop. Let kids be kids.
Or ended up being an advisor to a President, then an investment banker, then a member of Congress, then the Chief of Staff to another President, and then the Mayor of Chicago.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:26 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Virtue signalling at the cost of the mental health of your child.

What a bunch of pathologically self absorbed sickos these people are.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:37 PM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
And then there's my mom, who taught preschool children for 49 years, who never jumped to the ridiculous conclusion that the 3 and 4 year old babies were "disconnected to their gender role" because of how they played or what they said.

Maybe the little girl who played with trucks is a legitimate truck driver now, maybe the little boy who liked to dance is in a ballet company now. The tomboy who didn't like dresses may have played softball and earned a college scholarship that way. The 4 year olds who say they hate boys because they have cooties doesn't put them on the path to being identified as lesbians.

The nonsense just has to stop. Let kids be kids.
You couldn't have said it better! I hated dresses and girlie things growing up - I was a Tomboy but I had no physical attraction to other girls - it was guys all the way. I've seen friend's children who were quit feminine grow up end up being 200 lb cops and are men thru and thru.

This bisexual, transsexual ect revolution is a fad sweeping up too many that just want to be a part of something.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:40 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
While I have never seen the full re-make, I believe my first exposure to Charlize was with the 12/25/1998 Disney remake of "Mighty Joe Young". Of course, I saw the VHS version.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:47 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
As I'm unable to read Theron's mind I cannot be sure. I don't suspect any legitimately noble motives on her part insofar as this issue is concerned. At best, she may truly believe her beliefs and subsequent actions to be healthy and reasonable. I would suggest that even in that instance she's under a serious misapprehension. If I had to guess, I'd say what's more likely is that she's an activist for comparative extremism and is using the young child as a brainwashed pawn to his own detriment (and to virtue signal to others like her), and that tends to anchor me in the "this is child abuse" camp.
Thanks for the answer above (I still haven't gotten an answer from the OP though ).

There are four possibilities that I initially thought about (in no particular order):

1. Attention for attention sake (with the most extreme probably being Munchausen...which another poster mentioned), which I think is unlikely.

2. Attention for the sake of her career ($$$), which I also think is unlikely.

3. (which you also stated as a possibility above) She's an activist to the extent that she is using her child as a brainwashed pawn to his own detriment and to virtue signal others, which I also think is unlikely.

4. (which you also stated as a possibility above) She truly believes her stated beliefs and subsequent actions to be healthy and reasonable. I think this is the most likely. She just doesn't strike me as being likely to do any of the other three. However, like you, I am unable to read her mind, so I am just guessing as well.

Old 04-22-2019, 01:00 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
I have no more effs to give about stories that do not affect my life. Carry on

Old 04-22-2019, 03:04 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
So, she adopts a baby boy... then, three years later, adopts a baby girl... and suddenly the boy wants to be a girl... image that!

That probably ain't gender dysphoria, it's probably just jealousy for mommy's attention!
My thoughts exactly. He also sees mommy is an actress who changes her look and pretends to be other people for a sustained period of time. I remember her on a talk show saying he was obsessed with Frozen. She bought him an Elsa outfit, blonde ponytail included, and let him wear that out and about. So has she confused a love for a Disney character who happens to be female with a desire to be female in real life?

Old 04-22-2019, 05:53 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Its trendy. Angelina Jolies daughter dresses and looks like a boy since a young child. They also always seem to adopt kids from Africa or somewhere instead of American kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies