Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 07:47 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,013,119 times

Advertisements

Took them 40 years and some rhetoric from Trump, but looks like they are finally doing something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLVw2QSzBdk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 07:53 AM

45,310 posts, read 26,582,895 times
Trumps rhetoric is creating an illegal bubble. Ironic.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Trumps rhetoric is creating an illegal bubble. Ironic.
Our political parties that signal to the world that we don't enforce immigration laws is whats creating the issue.

Old 04-23-2019, 02:08 PM

45,310 posts, read 26,582,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Our political parties that signal to the world that we don't enforce immigration laws is whats creating the issue.
You also cant police all your welfare schemes that lure some of them here. The ones that come here to paint houses, change tires, wash dishes, clean hotels etc. make your life more affordable.

Old 04-23-2019, 02:55 PM

18,163 posts, read 15,687,092 times
Quote:
You also cant police all your welfare schemes that lure some of them here. The ones that come here to paint houses, change tires, wash dishes, clean hotels etc. make your life more affordable.

Yea. Well. I can remember back in the late 70s and early 80s when I was in high school during the Summer and especially at harvest time we high school kids had guaranteed work. The onion and garlic sheds needed bodies the hay farmers needed bales bucked up all Summer long, the feed lots and cattle operations always had work. And we were more than willing and able to do it and they put us to work.

These days even if you found a White high school kid willing to do the work he or she wouldn't last a day. The Hispanics would run them off most unpleasantly at that. And I blame the farmers and ranchers for a lot of that.

I was out on a spread not to long ago and watched a farm owner overseeing old school bus loads of seasonal Hispanic laborers coming in and yelling out he didn't want to see a bus come in with less than three to a seat and standing in the aisles.The whole town gets over run at harvest time and you'd swear you were in Tijuana.

They pack the courthouse steps and crowd around in droves in front of every business in town. The parks are over run and you can't walk down the sidewalk. It really sucks. But that's how things are now. The high school kids if they're not Hispanic compete for jobs at McDonalds or the grocery store (those that actually want to work) and this is life now.

When harvest is over things clear out but a good number wind up staying as well. The school is now getting to over 50% Hispanic now and probably 30% of those don't speak English. A healthy portion of the school budget goes to that a lot of that being in interpreters and just in classes.

And now the borders are being over run and inundated. Yea life is a lot more affordable with property taxes going through the roof along with a lot of new taxes because the schools are screaming for more money. And especially now we can only expect things to get worse. Ain't life grand.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:02 PM

24,684 posts, read 17,427,197 times
What a mess.

Imagine if a US border agent grabbed that baby carriage with baby inside like that Mexican cop did in the video. Heads would roll in the states.

I sure hope those buses in the video are bringing the "migrants" back to the Southern Mexico border and not to ours.

Imagine hundreds of "migrants" walking down the main street in your town.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:55 PM

63,267 posts, read 29,364,636 times
They are taking those jobs from Americans by working for less. How is that a positive thing? They cost us over $100 billion a year vs any so-called benefts. How is that a good thing? They overcrowd our schools, jails, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods. They put added stress on our natural and social resources and add to our crime rates. They commit felony ID theft and/or tax evasion. How does that improve American lives? Geezus, I swear some people are so dense and anti-American that it makes me sick reading their idiotic comments.

Old 04-23-2019, 05:19 PM

18,163 posts, read 15,687,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What a mess.

Imagine if a US border agent grabbed that baby carriage with baby inside like that Mexican cop did in the video. Heads would roll in the states.

I sure hope those buses in the video are bringing the "migrants" back to the Southern Mexico border and not to ours.

Imagine hundreds of "migrants" walking down the main street in your town.

I don't have to imagine it. I see it every year. And now I can't even imagine what will come this year. Its a sick feeling seeing your town taken over , literally, by people from another country who don't respect the fact that they are "guests." They act like they own the place and at that time I guess they do. Thanks to all the rich farmers who only have to deal with them in their fields and on payday.

These farmers who cry poor all the time but always seem to be driving new trucks whenever the new model year comes out. The town police and the sheriffs can't keep up with all the trouble that starts in the bars and the clubs.

Oh I'm thinking those buses better be headed back South and from the looks of it that's the idea. We sure don't need it getting out the Mexican cops are giving free bus rides North or else we'll be able to see the throngs coming out of Central America from space. This has GOT to stop. These leftist bleeding hearts aside. I'm not buying that they're "seeking asylum." They're motivated by economics pure and simple. And they're figuring they can make here be Central America.

If that's not true why are they marching here flying the flags of where they came from? They sure don't want to be Americans and have no intention of doing so. It's hard to believe there's so many people out there who think we should just drop the gates and let them all in. That's insane.

Old 04-23-2019, 05:28 PM

27,743 posts, read 16,256,124 times
Quote:
The ones that come here to paint houses, change tires, wash dishes, clean hotels etc. make your life more affordable.
They make their employers more profit.

Old 04-23-2019, 07:31 PM

Quote:
They don't make my life more affordable. They make my property taxes higher, income taxes higher, and they make medical expenses higher.

Theres no benefits of illegal immigration besides make the elite richer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies