Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 10:42 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,129,026 times

Advertisements

Regarding the democrats siren call on impeachment: I have to hand it to him, Bernie hit it right on the nose on this one.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/23/polit...all/index.html

"At the end of the day, what is most important to me is to see that Donald Trump is not re-elected president, and I intend to do everything I can to make sure that doesn't happen.

But if -- and this is an if -- if for the next year, year-and-a-half, going right into the heart of the election, all that the Congress is talking about is impeaching Trump and Trump, Trump, Trump, and Mueller, Mueller, Mueller, and we're not talking about health care, we're not talking about raising the minimum wage to a living wage, we're not talking about combating climate change, we're not talking about sexism and racism and homophobia, and all of the issues that concern ordinary Americans, what I worry about is that works to Trump's advantage."

It's not going to do any good, impeachment will not even make it to the Senate floor, and it will allow Trump to play his victim card. My best advice to the democrats, focus on the issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 10:48 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,150,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Regarding the democrats siren call on impeachment: I have to hand it to him, Bernie hit it right on the nose on this one.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/23/polit...all/index.html

"At the end of the day, what is most important to me is to see that Donald Trump is not re-elected president, and I intend to do everything I can to make sure that doesn't happen.

But if -- and this is an if -- if for the next year, year-and-a-half, going right into the heart of the election, all that the Congress is talking about is impeaching Trump and Trump, Trump, Trump, and Mueller, Mueller, Mueller, and we're not talking about health care, we're not talking about raising the minimum wage to a living wage, we're not talking about combating climate change, we're not talking about sexism and racism and homophobia, and all of the issues that concern ordinary Americans, what I worry about is that works to Trump's advantage."

It's not going to do any good, impeachment will not even make it to the Senate floor, and it will allow Trump to play his victim card. My best advice to the democrats, focus on the issues.
I would hope that the Democratic led Congress can walk and chew gum at the same time. They are in dereliction of duties and useless if they do not uphold their oath to The Constitution. They can pass legislation and uphold the law at the same time. Beginning investigations into impeachment is pretty cut and dry. Mueller laid it all out already and they need to take a vote so we know where each and every member stands.

Elizabeth Warren is spot-on!
Quote:
To ignore a President’s repeated efforts to obstruct an investigation into his own disloyal behavior would inflict great and lasting damage on this country, and it would suggest that both the current and future Presidents would be free to abuse their power in similar ways.

The severity of this misconduct demands that elected officials in both parties set aside political considerations and do their constitutional duty. That means the House should initiate impeachment proceedings against the President of the United States.
The Mueller report is scathing and to ignore the roadmap that was supplied is shameful and cowardly and in the absences of impeachment hearings, Trump's jackass lies and propaganda rhetoric about how he was wronged and exonerated takes hold. To hell with that garbage! Expose the rot or we will pay the price.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 04-23-2019 at 11:01 AM..

Old 04-23-2019, 10:49 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,151,882 times
All democrats care about is bringing down Trump. Society’s issues are secondary.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:03 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,603,975 times
there are dozens of committees within or government they ALL carry on with their business...it is only the media sound bytes that they present that people seem to focus on

Old 04-23-2019, 11:05 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,378,094 times
Lol

Post #1 spot on.

Post #2 proof that the Dems have no chance in 2020.

Ya can't make this stuff up folks.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:12 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,150,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Lol

Post #1 spot on.

Post #2 proof that the Dems have no chance in 2020.

Ya can't make this stuff up folks.
Translation...I have no patriotism for the USA and no love for democracy or rule of law. Post #2 freaks me out and disrupts an authoritarian agenda and I prefer a POS in The White House so I will proliferate Putinesque propaganda..

Old 04-23-2019, 11:34 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,129,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I would hope that the Democratic led Congress can walk and chew gum at the same time. They are in dereliction of duties and useless if they do not uphold their oath to The Constitution. They can pass legislation and uphold the law at the same time. Beginning investigations into impeachment is pretty cut and dry. Mueller laid it all out already and they need to take a vote so we know where each and every member stands.

Elizabeth Warren is spot-on!

The Mueller report is scathing and to ignore the road map that was supplied is shameful and cowardly and in the absences of impeachment hearings, Trump's jackass lies and propaganda rhetoric about how he was wronged and exonerated takes hold. To hell with that garbage! Expose the rot or we will pay the price.
If they make this a campaign issue, Trump will most definitely win the White House in 2020. Do you want that? Impeachment will go nowhere, and the American people will view it, justifiably or not, as a strictly political move. They need to focus on the issues that are most important to the American people.

Personally, I think Trump is not fit to be President. I didn't think so during the primaries and I don't now. But Sanders hit the nail on the head with this one.

Last edited by carterstamp; 04-23-2019 at 12:01 PM..

Old 04-23-2019, 11:43 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,378,094 times
Quote:
Translation...I have no patriotism for the USA and no love for democracy or rule of law. Post #2 freaks me out and disrupts an authoritarian agenda and I prefer a POS in The White House so I will proliferate Putinesque propaganda..
Keep trying dude.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:53 AM

6,753 posts, read 3,377,577 times
Quote:
This is a classic example of being badly afflicted with TDS. Hang your hat on the Mueller report until it doesn't go your way, then whine, pout, and throw insults.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:01 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,682,785 times
Burnie is amazing !!! I hope he gets the nomination !!! Its his turn !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies