Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 12:24 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times

Advertisements

Pence is much more (socially) conservative than I. But his demeanor is much more appealing than Trump's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2019, 12:24 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I would trust Pence in a crisis more than Trump. And that says a lot being that Pence is one of my least favorite people.

My feelings precisely. I would take ANYONE over Trump.

Old 04-24-2019, 12:28 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I can't say Mike Pence is be better than Trump. Mike Pence lives in the past with hate as his trademark.

Weld: 'We would be much better off with a President Mike Pence'
And he is also complicate the treachery and lies.

Old 04-24-2019, 12:29 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Pence is much more (socially) conservative than I. But his demeanor is much more appealing than Trump's.
Oscar the Grouch has a better demeanor.

Old 04-24-2019, 12:49 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yeah, it's like saying I would rather have a heart attack than cancer. Neither are a choice I'd make. But also, Gary Johnson picking Weld sealed shut any chance of me voting for him last time.
Same hear I liked Johnson until he picked that establishment tool Weld. I loved how MSNBC gives Weld kudos for rightly wanting Nixon to resign. There was a whole slew of {R}s wanting Nixon to be impeached or resign so all their seal clapping is nonsense. I bet they do not give Goldwater or Buchanan the love their showing Weld.

Weld is playing the part of the {D}s secret weapon did you notice what he said? he is going to campaign in liberal strong holds like NY,NJ and California, etc etc, and avoid the south because it is a waste of his time. It looks like the plan is to campaign in those states because of the large delegate count they bring. And maybe just maybe Weld with help from the left and help from the anti Trump right could get some wind on his back to damage Trump or maybe win it out right.

It most likely won't mean nothing to you and me, we both know who ever the turds are from both of the pathetic parties will not be getting our vote. I stayed home in 2016 and 2018 and to me there is nothing patriotic about choosing the lesser of 2 evils or being a trained seal and voting a straight party ticket.

Old 04-24-2019, 12:51 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
He is a man of few words. Just follows Trump around.

Old 04-24-2019, 12:59 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,677 times
Yeah...demeanor is the most important attribute of a president or any leader.

Oh, wait...

Maybe it's more free stuff and demeanor is 2nd.

or

good diction and a sense of fashion?

It can't be a good golfer...

...or

Old 04-24-2019, 01:22 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
ANYONE would be better than Trump.
Hardly. We can go back to the days of Bush, destroying Iraq, or the days Barrack Hussein Obama, Destroying 10s of thousands in Syria and Libya. Lefties delusionally still think Obama deserved that peace prize he won. Trump, as proven, is a much more peaceful man, and is more deserving

Pence? Who knows, as he will never have the position.

Old 04-24-2019, 01:26 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Why would we be better off? Name any five hot button topics that matter to the prosperity and security of the United States where Mike Pence sits directly or even marginally opposite to Trump, such that Pence makes life in these United States better?

Old 04-24-2019, 01:30 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Pence would not have won.
Hence the problem with that argument.

Honestly I don’t trust Pence more than Trump. Trump serves Trump and it’s well known.
What I don’t know is “Who does Pence serve” because all thee politicians have a master they serve, and it’s not the American People as a whole.

BTW that is my rule for all politicians irregardless of party.
And that is the problem. The MSM has poisoned the political process. The constant lies, distortions and attacks against any Republican means no "nice guy" can win. Look back at the way Romney was attacked. How the debate host LIED for Obama in the national debates. How things he did as a kid were brought up and used as attacking points. All while the MSM lied, promoted and covered for Obama. I hate to admit it's come to this-but it takes someone that's something of a d*ck to stand up and strike back at they mainstream manipulators. Something Trump has done a better job of than any politician in US history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies