Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 07:25 PM

17,597 posts, read 13,372,722 times

Advertisements

https://www.prageru.com/video/childr...mpaign_4237017

Quote:
Four years ago, as a far-left activist, Amala fought for her trans classmate’s right to use the bathroom that matched his gender identity. At the time, she believed that trans kids’ wishes should be affirmed socially and medically. As we witness an epidemic of trans-identifying children and the widespread acceptance of “gender-affirming” ideology, Amala now asks whether these views cause more harm than good.

This is what I've (and a lot of us) been saying since this crap started
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2022, 07:30 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,922,073 times
But when those mean nasty Trumpers question these policies, it's white supremacy, racism, transphobic, etc etc

Old 05-09-2022, 07:32 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,361,186 times
OP, are you really trying to say that children who want to change their gender shouldn't be allowed to do so?

Old 05-09-2022, 07:35 PM

2,355 posts, read 1,153,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
OP, are you really trying to say that children who want to change their gender shouldn't be allowed to do so?
I have experience working with these children. They absolutely need mental health services and I am all for the state providing enough quality therapy as humanly possible.
They absolutely should not be able to change their gender and be free from anyone pushing towards that while they are still children. They do not have the maturity and experience to understand the ramifications of a life-altering change.

Old 05-09-2022, 07:37 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:

I thought this thread was about boys going in the girls bathroom and girls going in the boys bathroom. Par for the course in clown world perhaps, but in this nation, we have standards, rules, customs, etc. If you can't respect them, you shouldn't be dumping your social/biology experiment off at a public school where they adhere to said standards, rules and customs.

Surgery is a big deal. I can't think of any other surgery where a child has that much say in whether or not it's performed. And it's most definitely not a form of life saving surgery. Think of it as a step up from a tattoo. Do you support children getting permanent tattoos? If not, how can you support children getting a sex change operation??? Can you explain your thought process and logic on that one?

Old 05-09-2022, 07:37 PM

17,597 posts, read 13,372,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
But when those mean nasty Trumpers question these policies, it's white supremacy, racism, transphobic, etc etc

Yep!

Except, I know that I am not transphobic. We have several friends who are trans. Two are actually going through transition. They all started transition as adults

And, I am a nasty Trumper!

Last edited by mike1003; 05-09-2022 at 08:34 PM..

Old 05-09-2022, 07:41 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
It’s sort of a non-issue because they can’t. It’s like saying children shouldn’t be able to choose their shoe size. It’s not up to them. Gender is no different from biological sex. You can’t change either.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 05-09-2022, 07:42 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
No one chooses their gender - young or old. It is not a question of should or should not.

Edit....^ MJ, we were thinking the same thing at the same time, but you won by a minute.

6,038 posts, read 2,854,310 times
Quote:
Would you give a child a beer, if that is what the child wanted?

2,912 posts, read 1,361,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedster24 View Post
I have experience working with these children. They absolutely need mental health services and I am all for the state providing enough quality therapy as humanly possible.
They absolutely should not be able to change their gender and be free from anyone pushing towards that while they are still children. They do not have the maturity and experience to understand the ramifications of a life-altering change.
I think that's too extreme. It should be decided on a case-by-case basis. We've gone too far with the gender change recently, but for a few children it's the right thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies