Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 07:09 AM

37,545 posts, read 19,411,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
It seems to be that come to base lives my the motto “ ignorance is bliss” they would rather not know if he’s guilty or not. If I voted for someone and they under investigation for collusion, etc. I would want to know.

Trump supporters seem just the opposite.
Learning real stuff with facts and all is hard...

Old 04-30-2019, 07:15 AM

8,125 posts, read 3,991,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
And, should not our Congress be able to put a check on a rogue President, who has shown he has no respect for the Constitution or the law ? Who else is there to make sure that the man who leads this country is clean and honorable ?

You all had no problem with Congress going after Nixon, or Clinton. Why the outcry now ?
Same as in the Wisconsin John Doe Raids farce....

The Democrats don't have a 'crime in search of a man'... they have a 'man in search of a crime'.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:19 AM

17,040 posts, read 12,661,634 times
There was no law for making tax returns public when he was elected. Should they want to change the law, they need to do it for future presidents.

Making it a requirement for the current president is very bad ex post facto law making.

Im not a fan of Trump. Abiding ex post facto is important.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:24 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,865,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Another day...another act of obstruction....
Oops, I repped you by mistake.

You mean Another day...another day of leftist Dems wasting taxpayers' money.
Oh well, Barry no longer has the power to distribute it to his thugs and bribers so I guess this latest attack on President Trump is the Dems at work to make your tax dollars of none effect.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:24 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,838,586 times
The problem with stuff like this is that it sets a precident. EVerything he's doing now may seem cute if you're on his side, but imagine a future President openly defying congressional oversight... only this time it's one you don't like.

So even if you believe Trump is not guilty of anything, what happens if one day a future President IS guilty of something, but we can't investigate it because they refuse to be questioned or allow their staff to be questioned, and use Trump as the reason they are allowed to defy oversight?

This is not a great thing.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:28 AM

79,032 posts, read 61,175,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
This is the exact and dead wrong opinions of the Dem base that will make them lose AGAIN in 2020.

Small suggestion: Understand your enemy as they mostly are. Yes there are some on the fringe that meet the racist description, but for the vast majority, this is the exact intellectual dissonance that is going to make Dems lose AGAIN. Dems want to believe the quoted nonsense. For most Reps, it is not true.
Yep. That's the kind or rhetoric that leads to holding ones nose and voting for Trump as opposed to the people calling you Nazis and white people that should die off etc. because you're upset about your job being off-shored and making your mortgage payment.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:31 AM

37,362 posts, read 60,127,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I suspect the banks are thinking "Some customer...."
I suspect banks are thinking “so glad we didn’t loan that a-h anything when he came begging X years ago”...

Old 04-30-2019, 07:41 AM

8,125 posts, read 3,991,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I suspect banks are thinking “so glad we didn’t loan that a-h anything when he came begging X years ago”...

I suspect Democrats are thinking "I wish we had a platform to run on"...

Old 04-30-2019, 07:42 AM

16,344 posts, read 8,143,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
In his 70+ years, has the IRS ever gone after Trump for Tax evasion ?
Prior to being President did the DOJ ever go after him for Corruption / Rico or other crimes ?

No you say ? Sounds like they are targeting this President asking for his Private information.
Trump was forced to shut down his fraudulent "university" and pay out $25 million dollars in settlements. He was forced to shut down his fraudulent "charity" organization that he was using as his personal piggy bank. He has a long history of stiffing workers and contractors out of money he owed them. Jesus Christ. How much proof do you need that this guy is a crook and a swindler?

Old 04-30-2019, 07:43 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,570,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Surely Trump realizes how bad and desperate this makes him look, to try to block congressional subpoenas. So I figure he must be trying to conceal financial information that would be (I should say, will be) even more damaging to him, when it's revealed.

And as usual, it's mystifying how his supporters would prefer not to know any of these things. Don't they realize that burying one's head in the sand, is not a very good survival strategy?
An ostrich brain is smaller than one of it's eyes; you're expecting Trump acolytes to defy nature?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies