Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 06:56 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Let me help you with your confusion. The American people elected President Trump to do just what you hate.
The confusion rests with Trumplings. Because "the American people" did not elect tRump. Millions more voted for his opponent.
Quote:
I think he's succeeding, don't you?
Trumplings are a shrinking minority, staring down the drain that he's circling.

I report. You decide.

Old 05-01-2019, 07:02 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
He graduated from high school. He graduated from college. He's never been charged nor imprisoned by the IRS for white collar finance crimes. There's nothing else the public needs to know about the education or finances of a sitting president related to either of these matters.
Unless you are President Obama, then you need to know every detail, including his long form birth certificate.

For Trump, all he has to do is troll Democrats, and he passes among his base. Let everything else about him slide.

Make Democrats angry, orange man good, lol.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:09 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Maybe President Trump is afraid that all of Biden's family secrets and dishonest actions will be ignored by the media and censored from being reported in alternative media and other sources.

It seems only Trump can be bashed, lied about, falsely accused and insulted and get kudos from the leftist media sources and the lies left to stand as truth on social media.

Old 05-01-2019, 12:02 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
He graduated from high school. He graduated from college. He's never been charged nor imprisoned by the IRS for white collar finance crimes. There's nothing else the public needs to know about the education or finances of a sitting president related to either of these matters.
So is what you're saying that any crimes that come into light after he becomes president should be ignored? If this is so, why would you want to set a precedence that any president can be corrupt and get away with it because "there's nothing else the public needs to know."
I guess nobody should be looking into all of the illegals with false paper work used by the Trump golf club in New Jersey to hire half that village from Costsa Rica, right?

I guess the Trump foundation should be re-opened even though it was shut down over fraudulent practices and the money should be returned to Trump. Are you okay with that?

All those people that received a refund from Trump university should what, give it all back?

I don't care about his education and grades. I can see for myself that he's ignorant, but when I see his personal fixer going to jail in part for a crime that he and Trump committed together? I think that's everyone's business.

"The country deserves to know if their president is a crook." Richard Nixon. We all know what happened to him and Trump makes him look like a boy scout.

Old 05-01-2019, 12:56 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Maybe President Trump is afraid that all of Biden's family secrets and dishonest actions will be ignored by the media and censored from being reported in alternative media and other sources.

It seems only Trump can be bashed, lied about, falsely accused and insulted and get kudos from the leftist media sources and the lies left to stand as truth on social media.
Biden has been in the public eye for decades.
We’ve already heard about the plagiarism and the awful reaction to his first wife’s death.
We know that he treated Anita Hill abysmally and much, much more.

But this thread isn’t about Biden, at least I don’t see his name in the thread title.
So.

Trump opened himself up to the press he gets by perpetuating the birther BS, creating a scam “university, lying constantly and doing/saying all sorts of other things that would have immediately disqualified him as a candidate ten or twenty years ago.

Trump knows he lied about Obama.
He knows he stole money from people via that “university.”
He clearly knows that his financial records and tax returns contain all sorts of things that shouldn’t see the light of day otherwise he wouldn’t be fighting so hard to keep his ugly secrets.

He and his supporters can try to deflect to “sleepy Joe” all day long.
It won’t keep the wolves from the door.

But it will remind everyone else just how low the bar has been set, so, might want to save that “whataboutism.”
Trump has proven how little “baggage” matters.
Thanks for that.

Old 05-01-2019, 03:11 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Let me help you with your confusion. The American people elected President Trump to do just what you hate.

I think he's succeeding, don't you?
If you call what this president has done a a success then NOTHING I can say will change your mind ever. Enjoy having a liar in chief for president. I do not like the direction this corrupt administration is taking our country.
Enjoy your evening.

Old 05-01-2019, 03:12 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
I'll tell you what he's afraid of - losing his right to be secure in his person, house(s), papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures.

He should be afraid of that, and so should every American who still values individual liberty and natural rights.

His transcripts are private papers/effects. His bank records are private papers/effects, and he, like everyone else on this planet, is born with the natural right to keep private that which is private. Just because he serves in a particular office does not mean he waives his natural individual rights. Nowhere in the US Constitution definition of the office of President is it stipulated that upon becoming President, the President loses his civil liberties.

Old 05-01-2019, 03:27 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I listened to all of Cohen's testimony when it was televised on CSPAN and know that he lied to Congress prior to that testimony. Cohen found out that the price of loyalty is steep when you are caught.

I'm not saying that Cohen found Jesus but he did find that his loyalty was misplaced. He also found out that there was no pot of gold at the end of Trump's rainbow so he simply started telling the truth about Trump. He was pretty close to Trump for a long time and I really want more than an incessant liar and con man in the White House.

Biden will clean Trumps clock in 2020.

Old 05-01-2019, 03:34 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Trump threatened his high school and college with a lawsuit if they released his grades.
Now he is suing Duetsche Bank and Capital One to prevent release of his lawfully subpoenaed bank records.

https://www.dw.com/en/trump-sues-deu...nas/a-48541673

What are you hiding Donnie?
Protecting his privacy and the presidency, from an unhinged, TDS afflicted left-wing loons in the news media and deep state, and an out of control Democrat controlled House of Representatives.

Old 05-01-2019, 03:48 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I'll tell you what he's afraid of - losing his right to be secure in his person, house(s), papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures.

He should be afraid of that, and so should every American who still values individual liberty and natural rights.

His transcripts are private papers/effects. His bank records are private papers/effects, and he, like everyone else on this planet, is born with the natural right to keep private that which is private. Just because he serves in a particular office does not mean he waives his natural individual rights. Nowhere in the US Constitution definition of the office of President is it stipulated that upon becoming President, the President loses his civil liberties.

Unless there is reason to believe that he broke campaign finance laws and/or election laws. He then falls under congressional scrutiny which may involve subpoenas.

As Nixon said "the people have got to know whether their President is a crook".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C1pVWsCuwI minute 1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies