Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 08:28 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I’m sure they’re nice people but I just can’t can’t wrap my head around it.

Mayor Pete Buttigieg's Unprecedented Presidential Campaign | Time
Why not?

Who cares what sexual orientation the president has?

Such an odd thing to be concerned about.

Old 05-02-2019, 08:32 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
I don't get the title, aren't there many gay families already?

Old 05-02-2019, 08:33 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Quote:

I don't think Pete will win the nomination, but if he does, so what? We haven't cared who a president sleeps with since Clinton. We now have a president who sleeps with "adult film" actresses then tries to pay them off with varying degrees of success, and talks about grabbing women by the - er, "Kitty." A president who is in a low key committed relationship with his spouse of whatever sex is actually a welcome change.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:06 AM

181 posts, read 82,139 times
Quote:

Buttigieg seems like a good guy, but I don't think his policies are good for the country nor original. All I heard was "raise taxes" which is about as unoriginal as you can imagine. As a matter of fact, every democrat I've heard touts the same tired old liberal ideas proven only to fail wherever tried.

Could care less what his sexual orientation or pvt. decisions are

TRUMP 2020!

Old 05-02-2019, 09:18 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:

What is too confusing for you exactly?

Old 05-02-2019, 09:50 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
I just don't care if he is gay.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:06 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,130,928 times
I read the article. Pete seems like a decent guy, although most politicians are not nice. The higher up you get, the more ruthless you’d become. He is the type of guy I’d love to have as a neighbor instead of the pick up truck driving white males who think they should get a free pass because they are heterosexuals. Many around here are potheads or worse, trashy yards, a crap attitude and looking for an easy dollar. I wouldn’t trust some of them to haul off a load of manure.

So it comes down to character, Pete has it, many do not. His sexual preference is a nil point. His wanting to raise taxes means he wouldn’t get my vote. I wish him well though, politics needs more guys like Pete.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:12 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,709,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
I read the article. Pete seems like a decent guy, although most politicians are not nice. The higher up you get, the more ruthless you’d become. He is the type of guy I’d love to have as a neighbor instead of the pick up truck driving white males who think they should get a free pass because they are heterosexuals. Many around here are potheads or worse, trashy yards, a crap attitude and looking for an easy dollar. I wouldn’t trust some of them to haul off a load of manure.

So it comes down to character, Pete has it, many do not. His sexual preference is a nil point. His wanting to raise taxes means he wouldn’t get my vote. I wish him well though, politics needs more guys like Pete.
I agree that Sneaky Pete would be awesome to have as that neighbor you occasionally run into and greet from a distance when heading off to work on a warm Spring morning.

As POTUS? Hell no!!! (he's not going to win anyway)

Old 05-02-2019, 10:51 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
I suppose homosexual presidents and prime ministers might have a problem on diplomatic missions in certain world regions, especially in Muslim countries.

Old 05-02-2019, 11:57 AM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times
Quote:

There is much speculation that our 15th president James Buchanan was gay. So who cares if we have another gay president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies